GNR Live in Temple Newsam Park - England 2002

His voice was really bad during this tour, apart from obviously being full mickey he was extremely pitchy like he had little to no control over what was coming out. I wouldn't even rate this as high as some of the weaker performances from 2011 or 2014.

Now tell me what pitchy means.

Axl Rose (& employees) present Gn'R freak cover show! That's what '02 era looks in perspective...

Could have been labeled as "freak" (although a lame word to describe them), yes, but definitely not "cover" since they were performing their own material as well.

nuGuns was a great band. Buckethead and Finck were 100 times more professional and 100 times more valuable than any of the members of Axl's current band. Whatever they chose to wear on stage is redundant and unimportant.

Sorry to disagree, but image is very important for an old-school rock band like Gn'R - unless it was called something else of course...

When people saw some of the new freakish guys on the band, they simply could not relate to Gn'R anymore, no matter how talented music players they were. Axl's weird new looks and brand-new mickey-mouse voice didn't help either.

Unfortunately alot of the press agreed that the 2002 lineup looked like a freak show - They were my favourite new lineup, I didn't care how they looked, they were great players and they were the ones recording the album so they had my support - and I guess it had to be different to the traditional rock band look, had to be something different, but the press just couldn't see past it most of the time.

Plus - best version of Knockin on Heavens Door was definately from that period - no overly long drawn out 'I'll sing one, and you sing one...', no requests for reggae, just a lovely arrangement, simple, t'was great.

Rock bands are supposed to look like freaks. Always have been, always shouls be. The Beatles looked like freaks to people in the 60s. 80s GNR looked like freaks back then. It's only in recent years when posing pretty boy twats have been put in charge of music that yhis has come to be regarded as a bad thing.

PItchy is not consistently singing in key.

Best thing about the 2002 lineup was Buckethead. I don't care much about Bucket, but he is probably the strangest musician alive today (to be *that* good) and somehow Axl got him to be in GNR, a band which is mostly lumped with the rest of the 80s rock bands and is largely seen as a joke. Somehow, Bucket being there validated the entire project. Plus, those epic Nighttrain solos...

In my opinion, the worst line up of GnR, very experimental, no hard rock, freak show

Where is fuckin rock n roll?

the answer for you...is just like that axl gave to a person who asked him where slash was... Edited by auad