Pick a song to kick off the show

I've always been of the mind that GN'R could walk out on stage and open with any song they wanted to outside of My World. I truly believe they could just waltz out on stage and open with Patience if they wanted to.

I personally don't mind the CD/Jungle combo and I actually really like CD as the opener. It's more the ISE/Brownstone thing right after that slows the shows down for me. It's a weird feeling to have because I truly love ISE & Brownstone, but when they both come right after Jungle every time, it almost gives me a feeling like I have to wait for them to be over for the actual show to start.

If they seperated those two or even moved them further back in the set, it would make a big difference for me. Not sure if any of that makes sense, but that's how I feel.

The Illusions tour had a great mix of openers....

If they want to stick to an opener, I think CD is fine..it's got a nice little buildup to it...Jungle though should not be played right after it...Jungle would be a good opener for an encore...or just thrown in anywhere in the set really...but right after the opener? it doesn't work well....it's like having 2 openers back to back

As far as It's So Easy and Brownstone goes...they really could drop those songs from the set already...or again, throw em in the encore as something different

In the hope that the next time they tour they have a new album out or scheduled to come out then I'd like to think they could open with a new song, failing that (which is of course very likely) then I don't mind if they continue to open with ChiDem. WTTJ and ISO are great openers too though.

I like Chinese as the opener, the long intro makes for a great start to a live show in my opinion. Having said that, maybe it would be cool to shake things up a bit, I like the idea of Oh My God opening the show! Opening with Paradise City would be different, when I went to see the Pumpkins last year they opened with Tonight Tonight and Cherub Rock, two of their biggest songs which took everyone by surprise which was cool.

I have seen guns twice on the AFD tour and another 2 times for UYI and 3 times for the decade long CD tour.

During UYI days both times it was Nightrain and it was kind of a bummer for me to kick off a show it just didn't get everyone fired up.

CD days WTTJ and CD, WTTJ was better as an opener than CD but I just feel WTTJ should come later in show around song 5, CD is a good opener too but most there just don't get the song.

AFD days both times it was ISE and to me it is a perfect opener and really got the crowd going but didn't overshadow the other rockers, kind of like they were building on the excitement of ISE later in the set with the other rockers . They followed it the first time with WTTJ and the 2nd time Mr. Brownstone. Both shows flowed so good as far as the setlist order they put together.

My pick

It's So Easy

It is not going to change

Chinese Democracy is not the best opener. It might be to the select few GN'R nerds in the crowd.

The casual fans are the base majority and I know if I was one of them, it would be a big letdown for me if when the lights go down, intro music, intensity is ready to explode, then they play a song you have no clue what it is.... That would suck balls.

The best opener for GN'R, or any other band on the planet is WTTJ. As a matter of a fact even if I was Slayer, I would open with WTTJ.