Rate my UYI Playlist

I'm beating a Dead Horse with this topic...Haha.

But yeah, I finally got around to listening to both of the UYI albums after a few years and my opinions haven't really changed at all. I decided to make an 80 minute playlist that I can burn into 1 CD though and it goes as follows:

1) Civil War

2) Dust n' Bones

3) Live and Let Die

4) Don't Cry (Original)

5) Yesterdays

6) Bad Obsession

7) Double Talkin' Jive

8) You Ain't the First (Never understood why this song gets so much shit, it's a nice little acoustic number and the spanish-ish outro from Double makes for a good transition into it)

9) November Rain

10) You Could be Mine

11) 14 Years

12) Knockin' on Heaven's Door (God I really hate the sound effects)

13) Back off Bitch

14) Dead Horse

15) Estranged

Honorable Mentions (Would make good B-Sides or an additional EP):

1) Breakdown (Really wanted this one on here, but there's already plenty of long songs)

2) Garden of Eden (Lost to Back off Bitch)

3) Right Next Door to Hell (It grew on me)

4) Bad Apples (It doesn't have much focus in the beginning if you ask me, but it turns into a great jam)

5) So Fine (Not a terrible song at all, Duff's voice isn't as terrible as people stake it out to be)

Edited by IRanOutOfIdeas

Not bad...I don't really like You Ain't the First or Back Off Bitch, tho. Both of those tracks are a little too misogynistic for my taste. Otherwise, I think your tracklist is pretty decent.

Here's my current UYI playlist (meant for a traditional 76 minute disc):

1.You Could Be Mine (it was the lead single so might as well have been the record opener)

2.Pretty Tied Up

3.Live & Let Die

4.14 Years

5.Double Talkin' Jive

6.November Rain

7.Civil War

8.Yesterdays

9.Perfect Crime (one of GNR's best hard-rockin style tunes IMO)

10.Locomotive (love the outro)

11.Estranged

12.Dead Horse

13.Coma (this song is just way too crazy to leave off, and it's a great album closer IMO)

I know a lot of people might look at my playlsit and say things like "where's Dont Cry?" or "where's KOHD?" but to be honest I think Don't Cry is a bit cheesy (used to love it, tho) and the studio KOHD was poorly done. Live version was good enough. I have reasons for leaving off other tunes but there's no point in listing them here or else this post would be wayyyy too long.

Edited by rocknroll41