The Babadook

Val22

Anyone here see it?

I heard it's one of the scariest horror movies to come out in 2014.

I've seen the previews and it looks very creepy. Rolling Stone talked to the director and she hints that the monster in the movie is real.

Anyway, just curious to see if anyone has seen it yet?

Sixes thanks for letting me know. I hate to order movies from On Demand if they are going to suck! lol

Like I said the preview looked promising. I wish it was in a movie theatre down here. It looks like watching it in a dark theatre and hearing that loud music would be scary.

Dr. Doom love your picture!

Edited by Val22

Damn it's not! Oh well, I was thinking seeing the previews that it could have been real or the mother could have been crazy. Either way, the movie looks good. I don't care you told me the ending, I will still watch it one day.

I like to watch some movies over and over again, because you always see something you didn't the first time or so you watch it. Always something cool to find.

• Like 1

Val do you like camping?

If so, I strongly urge you to stay away from the campsite at a place called Crystal Lake. I read on the internet that a pyscho killer lives in the area. Real life spooky stuff.

And you live in Texas? Are you close to where the real life family lived that the Texas Chainsaw Massacre movies were based off of? Where is that big spooky house and farm at?

According to news reports, the main chainsaw guy almost got caught recently.....but his cousin saved him and is now taking care of him in the basement of that house. Scary stuff.

And you like horror movies that are actually true? You should check out Blair Witch Project I and II, and all five Paranormal Activity flicks. They use the ACTUAL found footage from people. Really horrifying to watch actual footage. Way more scary than watching a hollywood movie.

• Like 4

It's a fresh take on the genre, still has lots of nods to other horror movies, mainly The Omen, The Exorcist so if you like those you might find this appealing. Also there is a scene that is a straight rip off (or homage) to Wes Craven's New Nightmare, when the mother goes to the playground with her son. Also, this has to be one of the most depressing set design/costume movies ever, everything looked grey. ;)

Anyone here see it?

I've seen the previews and it looks very creepy. Rolling Stone talked to the director and she hints that the monster in the movie is real.

A great film, one of my favourite films of last year

The film can be interpreted multiple ways, it probably is scary to some, clever to others, and quite funny too. It depends how you look at it

The acting in it is first rate though

Anyone here see it?

A great film, one of my favourite films of last year

The film can be interpreted multiple ways, it probably is scary to some, clever to others, and quite funny too. It depends how you look at it

The acting in it is first rate though

Of course it is, they're Australian actors :P but not familiar with them.

Well, I will eventually see it one day.

I have a high enough cable bill, so I don't want to On Demand it just yet.

It just seemed like a very clever horror movie and I'm always looking for something that's different and no the same old slasher movies.

A movie that makes you have to think things out is usually a good one and keeps you interesting and guessing until the end. I like movies like that.

I remember seeing The Ring. My daughter and I talked about that movie for a week because there was so many things that made you think and twists and turns.

Val do you like camping?

If so, I strongly urge you to stay away from the campsite at a place called Crystal Lake. I read on the internet that a pyscho killer lives in the area. Real life spooky stuff.

And you live in Texas? Are you close to where the real life family lived that the Texas Chainsaw Massacre movies were based off of? Where is that big spooky house and farm at?

According to news reports, the main chainsaw guy almost got caught recently.....but his cousin saved him and is now taking care of him in the basement of that house. Scary stuff.

And you like horror movies that are actually true? You should check out Blair Witch Project I and II, and all five Paranormal Activity flicks. They use the ACTUAL found footage from people. Really horrifying to watch actual footage. Way more scary than watching a hollywood movie.

Val???

The monster looks so fucking stupid lol.

Whoever designed this movie must be a huge fan of 'A Clockwork Orange'

Aside from the monster design, the trailer looked cool, I'll check it out when it's On Demand

Edit: Is it in Xfinity yet for rental?

Edited by Dan H.

It was OK.

Did knowing the monster was actually real (in real life) change the way you watched the movie?

I am not wanting to give the plot away, but is the monster actually real? If you consider further the story, and the evolution of the roles of the mother and son, there is actually a well thought out story in there, possibly.

Apollo you must be high if you think any of those movies are real in anyway.

They are all made up stories. The blair witch project sucked. It was a waste of time watching it.

As for any movie they say is based on a true story, I never ever believe it.

And if you have a problem with me, suck it up!