Celebrity Apprentice

Val22

But this show will not be dull this year.

Have you seen the entire season already or are you just throwing out a guess?

If the show just focused on these B-list celebs performing tasks then I would continue watching it. But the show is completely ruined by two things. One, Donald often sends home the wrong person in an attempt to keep as many as the "drama" type people alive as possible - so it isn't really a true competition. Or he picks his friends over people that he doesn't personally like.

The second thing that ruins the show is the "raising money" part of it. It simply isn't fair.

Everybody has a short list of people they can solicit money from. Why would celebrity Joe use all his "raised money" for a task that benefits celebrity Bill, if he knows that in three challenges he (Joe) might be the captain for a money-raising task. The tasks where they have to raise money from their celeb contacts just ruin the show for me as it turns into an unfair proposition. If they got rid of that portion of the show then I might watch it again.

Spoiler boxes or no?

Trump wants them to put a fight up for their charity, the most recent firing was someone who didn't have that fight in them, even though he knows a lot of people with money and well-connected. I can't see how Kate would make it through because she's been out of the limelight since her show's been cancelled.

Adam Carolla's talked about how the producers have a tendency to create some of the drama and influence the firings, as well as edit things to be more than they really are. It's still real, but the producers will create the drama at times, like any other reality show.

Yeah, I'm sure these reality shows have things written for them too to cause friction.

There's always someone you hate, but plays the game well and doesn't care who he hurts in the process. I think that's what Donald Trump wants anyway. I'm sure he's ruthless in his businesses too.

So far I wasn't surprised about who was fired. It seemed obvious.

I agree with you about Kate G. I don't even know why she is on this show? She doesn't seem to have any business sense at all. She has been saved only because the women's team has won.

I think Geraldo does have the potential to win this, but he's making it very hard to like him. lol

Yeah, I thought if Lorenzo was brought back he would have been fired too. That was very brave of Kevin to not bring him back.

I understand how the game is played, but I just think Geraldo was being very rude to Kevin and his group when they met with the client. I was wondering why the clients didn't say anything to Geraldo, because if it was my account, I would have told him to hang up the phone and sit for the meeting or leave the room. For that he should have been fired.

I think Donald Trump picks celebrities who are a little off the wall and by next week's coming attractions, it looks like Geraldo is losing his mind. lol

Piers made digs where Geraldo looked like he wanted to throw down...

Johnny Damon wrote that the food they served was cold.

I'll try to remember to post Today show interviews, this was in the news because of the Cosby scandal but it turned out to be taped almost a year ago.

http://www.today.com/popculture/keshia-knight-pulliam-responds-apprentice-firing-talks-bill-cosby-sexual-1D80401398

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSNatcPTDyc

As far as Gilbert goes, this was a better appearance.

Edited by dalsh327

I wonder who picks the celebrities for this show?

Considering some of them have no business experience I'd say most of them are doing well.

I mean to come up with ideas off the fly has to be hard for some of them.

I feel sorry for Lorenzo. He seems to be trying very hard, but seems very lost sometimes.

I think Ian S could win this. He seems to be quiet, but very business experienced. I think it would be cool to see him win.

I wonder who picks the celebrities for this show?

Considering some of them have no business experience I'd say most of them are doing well.

I mean to come up with ideas off the fly has to be hard for some of them.

I feel sorry for Lorenzo. He seems to be trying very hard, but seems very lost sometimes.

I think Ian S could win this. He seems to be quiet, but very business experienced. I think it would be cool to see him win.

It's a little long but pretty fair insight to what they do.

http://www.salon.com/2012/11/17/penn_jillettes_secrets_of_celebrity_apprentice_donald_trump_is_a_whackjob/

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to see it down to Ian Serling and Geraldo Rivera. I think those two could battle it out until the end.

Or maybe the two housewives from wherever the hell they are from? It seems like they really hate each other.

I don't know how Kate Gossling has stayed this long? I think taking care of all those kids has made her brain turn to mush. She seems to never get her thoughts straight and Donald always interrupts her because she takes too long to explain things.

Yeah, I still feel bad about Joan. Her death was because of a terrible error and I can't help but feel even though she was 81, she went too soon.

Anyway, not many weeks to go especially since nbc is showing 2 shows every Monday.

Everytime I see one of Trump's kids, I know they must feel so damn lucky to be in his family.

I thought it was funny last week, when one of those rich housewives said to the other about her husband leaving her for a younger prettier version. Trump said how cold that was, meanwhile, he left Ivanka for a younger woman too. lol Meanwhile, none of his kids had to nerve to point that out. Guess they would be cut from the will if they opposed him.

Anyway, I like Ian for the win. I hope he makes it. I never realized how arrogant Geraldo is, but I'm sure when he was trying to make it in journalism he had to try harder because he was a minority. Things were very different when he was growing up, I'm sure.

Anyway, I think Geraldo and Ian would make a good pair at the finale.