Time relevance and GNR fandom

As one ages, one perceives time moving more quickly. But aging is not the cause - it's what goes along with aging, in our society, at least.

Anticipation and activity/events, slow down time. When you're young, there's lots of new things (to you) going on, and there is a lot to look forward to. As you age, the frequency of new/novel events decreases. So when you look back, there aren't a lot of milestones (comparatively) to make demarcations in the timeline.

You can take this idea and apply it to our whole culture as well, which just compounds things.

I don't agree with all of this article, but I think the gist is correct:

http://www.vanityfair.com/style/2012/01/prisoners-of-style-201201

I don't agree with the 404!

http://www.vanityfair.com/style/2012/01/prisoners-of-style-201201

kind of off topic, but im 16 years old. When I ask my friends about GnR and what songs they know, almost all of them know SCOM, WTTJ and Paradise City. I just think that's crazy. Any other artist before my generations time that teenagers my age would know 3 songs, that are all off of the same album. Their debut no less. Idk I just think GnR are the most under rated band ever, and if they had a bigger discography and shit didn't hit the fan.. multiple times, theyd be top 3 bands of all time to the general public.

I have a strange feeling about Gnr. I discover Gnr in 1991 with UYI and then AFD soon after. These were massively popular albums even here, in France, like the black album (metallica). The band had a massive success with the albums and their tours. Then TSI was released in 1993, then it was over. But even for a few years, the band had a special place for many kids like me. Unforgettable songs, crazy characters : ) ... And the biggest band at the time. Then you see all this incredible waste of talents (many reasons i dont developp here!), and everybody's leaving until there is only Axl left... I think younger fans cant really understand what gnr represented at the time. And when you go back on the period (20 years ago!), u are happy to have known it ; ) but also you are aware that the band could have made so much more

Edited by nico_france

Yeah, it definitely feels like a tighter gap... don't know why.... Maybe because the band has been active since 2008, going on tour and even if we don't have a new album or any new song to be happy about, Axl is still around and in the news, more often than from 1993 until 2001 and 2001 until 2006.