NCAA B-Ball, BIG DANCE 2015

JONEZY

Thankfully the rest of the Badgers picked it up in the second half. I wish Xavier would've beaten Arizona...I'm nervous about that game. This time they're the underdogs.

Speaking of Xavier, Matt Stainbrook is hilariously good...I doubt he'll make it in the NBA, but damn if I won't be rooting for him!

http://deadspin.com/the-worst-part-of-xaviers-loss-is-no-more-matt-stainbro-1693988020?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_twitter&utm_source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

Most interesting individual matchup of the season had to be Stainbrook vs. Josh Smith of Georgetown. About 600 pounds combined, and yet both possess a soft touch around the rim and are pretty good passers for their size. Was a strange, interesting matchup to watch.

Looking forward to the Wisconsin-Arizona game. Going into the tournament, I thought they were 2a and 2b behind Kentucky. Should be a great game.

Sometimes I wonder about the bracketing.

Wiscon-Arizona is a heavyweight classic and could easily have been the title game (If Kentucky wasn't around).

Meanwhile, Duke is playing Utah and Gonzaga.

The Zags are very tough this year. Yes, they had the one run, but really, they are kind of a fan favorite type team that is usually over hyped. Yes - they are really good this year. But usually they are a bit overrated - don't know if it's because the name of the school is cool, or they usually have a lot of white players, or they usually have some colorful type players.

Same thing with Duke. Yes, they are a hall of fame school. But they tend to be a bit overrated just because they are duke. Some of the biggest upsets in ncaa tournament history are Duke loses. didn't they lose to Mercer a couple years ago?

I think some schools get screwed in the bracketing, while some schools (like Duke and Gonzaga) sometimes get a little easier road. I think the NCAA knows the general public wants the good guy vs bad guy in the championship game - so maybe sometimes they bracket that way. There was no way that Duke would be the 2 seed in the same region as 1 Kentucky.

I could be wrong, I'm probably just imagining it. But it sure seems the words "Man, Duke is in the toughest region" have probably never been spoken.

Arizona - Wiscon - two teams nobody is talking about. Both are extremely scary and either could very easily win the championship.

Sometimes I wonder about the bracketing.

Wiscon-Arizona is a heavyweight classic and could easily have been the title game (If Kentucky wasn't around).

Meanwhile, Duke is playing Utah and Gonzaga.

The Zags are very tough this year. Yes, they had the one run, but really, they are kind of a fan favorite type team that is usually over hyped. Yes - they are really good this year. But usually they are a bit overrated - don't know if it's because the name of the school is cool, or they usually have a lot of white players, or they usually have some colorful type players.

Same thing with Duke. Yes, they are a hall of fame school. But they tend to be a bit overrated just because they are duke. Some of the biggest upsets in ncaa tournament history are Duke loses. didn't they lose to Mercer a couple years ago?

I think some schools get screwed in the bracketing, while some schools (like Duke and Gonzaga) sometimes get a little easier road. I think the NCAA knows the general public wants the good guy vs bad guy in the championship game - so maybe sometimes they bracket that way. There was no way that Duke would be the 2 seed in the same region as 1 Kentucky.

I could be wrong, I'm probably just imagining it. But it sure seems the words "Man, Duke is in the toughest region" have probably never been spoken.

Arizona - Wiscon - two teams nobody is talking about. Both are extremely scary and either could very easily win the championship.

This was kind of brought up on a Cincinnati forum in a different form. Cincinnati was the top 8 seed in the committee's overall rankings, but were still placed in Kentucky's region, instead of say the lowest 1 seed. The explanation on that forum from some was that the committee doesn't do the actually placement of teams themselves anymore. In recent years, after they've ranked the teams 1-68, they run a computer program to place the teams in the bracket, based on geography (weighted for the better seeds, and used for the lower seeds when available), availability of host locations, conference, avoiding regular season repeats, etc. I don't know the exact formula or details they use for the program, but I do remember seeing national writers that participated in the "official" mock selection committee a month or so ago mention how the committee doesn't manually set matchups and regions anymore. I get wanting to place teams closer to home, but I'm not sure about that for some of the reasons you mentioned--it can produce some very unbalanced regions. Not entirely sure what to do though to fix it. Would prefer following the s-curve with more emphasis than geography, with only making exceptions to avoid conference and regular season matchup repeats, then filling in the site locations after the bracket is set. That would fix the unbalanced region problem, but at the same time, it could punish a better seeded team if the geography aspect doesn't fit at the end.

• Like 1

Lot of talk among the so-called experts on ESPN about the level of play in NCAA basketball has gone down hill. These experts want it to be more like the NBA. I guess they want more scoring.

Then this weekend we had some great games. Oh well, what do you guys think? Should there be some rule changes in College hoops or should it stay the same. Personally, I'm not a fan of the NBA so whenever people want to make it like the NBA I get a little nervous. I don't like the one and done. I don't mind having the 3 point line moved back a bit. Don't want the shot clock moved down to 24 seconds.

Your thoughts.

There are a few rules I would like to see changed. First, make the jump ball rule like the NBA. Instead of using the possession arrow, just have the two players who tied the ball up jump for it. Second, don't reset the ten count when a team calls time out to avoid a ten second violation. Third, don't allow consecutive time outs. Those are the main things I would like to see changed.

I don't know about the shot clock. Weren't they experimenting with it for the NIT? How is that doing? Personally, I don't have a problem with the scoring aspect of college basketball, and I'm a fan of one of the lowest scoring teams in the country. I have as much fun watching a close defensive battle in the 50s as I do watching a shootout in the 80s, so that doesn't bother me.

Edited by ronaldo9

They keep showing Kentucky bars on ESPN...I'm surprised no one is getting shot :lol:

They should show bars in Wisconsin. It's not even the national championship and people are going crazy like the Packers won the Super Bowl.

Revenge man, revenge. I'm almost certain Bucky would've won the championship last year (had Harrison not hit that shot), so hopefully they can get some revenge on Duke for an earlier loss this year.

• Like 1

http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/outkick-the-coverage/andrew-harrison-on-frank-kaminsky-f-that-n-040415

Andrew Harrison apparently isn't a Kaminsky fan...

Have a feeling the UK forums are going to be fun to read.

31 people were arrested on campus...looks like they aren't taking it lightly off the forums :lol:

Also apparently Andrew Harrison called Frank The Tank and apologized. He learned, like Nigel Hayes before him, that the mics are always on and pick up everything...

Congrats to the champions!

5409635102_e3da322bc8.jpg

Edit: After cooling down a bit, I'll give sincere props to Duke. They were down 9 with their two best players out and they came back to win. Refs or no refs, the Badgers choked at the end. So, as much as it pains me to say this, congrats Duke and coach K.

Edited by Crazyman

Man, every close call in the final 8 minutes seen to go in Duke's favor. We all knew that would happen but I didn't think it would be so blatant.

But congrats to Duke for scoring down the stretch when Wisconsin just lost their ability to score.

Sad news: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/5-killed-plane-crash-flying-home-ncaa-championship-article-1.2175982

Five people, including Illinois State associate head coach and former UAB guard Torrey Ward, were killed in a small plane crash while returning home from the Final Four.

Edit: They've changed it from five to seven people dead.

Edited by ronaldo9