Rolling Stone Brazil article on the 30 years of Guns N' Roses: "Axl follows as an inevitable parody"

Rude letter? First I'm quoting McCartney. This is what he sent when The Beatles were inducted.
"After 20 years, the Beatles still have some business differences, which I had hoped would have been settled by now. Unfortunately, they haven’t been, so I would feel like a complete hypocrite waving and smiling with them at a fake reunion."
That's it.
I'll just repost a few lines from Axl's letter:
"I feel we've been polite, courteous, and open to an amicable solution in our efforts to work something out. "
"The Hall Of Fame Induction Ceremony doesn't appear to be somewhere I'm actually wanted or respected."
"I respectfully decline my induction as a member of Guns N' Roses to the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame."
"This letter is to help clarify things from my and my camp's perspective. Neither is meant to offend, attack or condemn. Though unfortunately I'm sure there will be those who take offense (God knows how long I'll have to contend with the fallout), I certainly don't intend to disappoint anyone, especially the fans, with this decision."
"For more than a decade and a half we've endured the double standards, the greed of this industry and the ever present seemingly limitless supply of wannabes and unscrupulous, irresponsible media types."
"I wish the Hall a great show, congratulations to all the other artists being inducted and to our fans we look forward to seeing you on tour!!"

The letter is better than anything Axl would have said standing there, and a lot more than McCartney said. Rod Stewart chastised Axl for the snub, but he wound up being a no-show as well!!

He also said he was honored more than once for GNR to be considered. HBO still televised the songs that he co-wrote and he could have blocked them. The backlash on here was pretty minimal, we were hoping they'd all show up even if they weren't going to play. Maybe Paradise City would have been the closing song had Axl and Izzy shown up willing to do it. There's still a lot of people he and many others are still pissed off that they're not in the Rock Hall.

• Like 1

Rude letter? First I'm quoting McCartney. This is what he sent when The Beatles were inducted.
"After 20 years, the Beatles still have some business differences, which I had hoped would have been settled by now. Unfortunately, they haven’t been, so I would feel like a complete hypocrite waving and smiling with them at a fake reunion."
That's it.
I'll just repost a few lines from Axl's letter:
"I feel we've been polite, courteous, and open to an amicable solution in our efforts to work something out. "
"The Hall Of Fame Induction Ceremony doesn't appear to be somewhere I'm actually wanted or respected."
"I respectfully decline my induction as a member of Guns N' Roses to the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame."
"This letter is to help clarify things from my and my camp's perspective. Neither is meant to offend, attack or condemn. Though unfortunately I'm sure there will be those who take offense (God knows how long I'll have to contend with the fallout), I certainly don't intend to disappoint anyone, especially the fans, with this decision."
"For more than a decade and a half we've endured the double standards, the greed of this industry and the ever present seemingly limitless supply of wannabes and unscrupulous, irresponsible media types."
"I wish the Hall a great show, congratulations to all the other artists being inducted and to our fans we look forward to seeing you on tour!!"

The letter is better than anything Axl would have said standing there, and a lot more than McCartney said. Rod Stewart chastised Axl for the snub, but he wound up being a no-show as well!!

He also said he was honored more than once for GNR to be considered. HBO still televised the songs that he co-wrote and he could have blocked them. The backlash on here was pretty minimal, we were hoping they'd all show up even if they weren't going to play. Maybe Paradise City would have been the closing song had Axl and Izzy shown up willing to do it. There's still a lot of people he and many others are still pissed off that they're not in the Rock Hall.

Well said. I didn't think it was rude, either.