The Star Wars Battlefront Thread

• 3 weeks later...

Since seeing SW Thursday night I've been back in SW mode for what is perhaps the first time since playing Galaxies 5+ years ago. I took a day or so to think about getting Battlefront, best deal around is still $40 on Origin, which is a bit more than I'd have liked to pay, but not atrocious. So about 3 hours ago I bought it, it downloaded and install.

Load it up, try to play some Fighter Squadron (or whatever the flying mode is)....... couldn't find servers. Okay, weird. Tried other modes... none could find/connect to servers. 3 hours later I'd tried forwarding a bunch of ports/creating a static IP, rebooting the modem, changing settings, dropping firewalls, making/remaking rules/exceptions in my AV, deleting files and repairing the game... to no avail. Game would still not connect to any fucking servers. Apparently others have had this problem, as evidenced by Google searches. EA does not appear to have officially addressed it, though it looks like they're aware of the issue.

I called EA support to hopefully get some tech support. I could tell almost immediately, when the woman on the phone asked what platform I was using (which was in the form I filled out AND I had already said "PC" on the call) and then started to say, "Let me look up the troubleshooting methods here..." that it wasn't getting fixed. I interrupted her and just told her to give me a refund.

Fuck you EA, Origin, DICE, all of you. And while we're at it, fuck you Ubisoft.

I'm taking my $40 back and buying a $10 Witcher expansion which I fucking know will work.

Bought KoToR I on Steam for $3 and haven't looked back. :)