The Star Wars Battlefront Thread

Are EA really charging 50 USD for the season pass?

Haven't played this and I never will. You're are crazy to pay full price for a game with half the content not included, because the dev's make more from DLCs.

Typical EA.

Yeah, that pricing is fucking ridiculous.

I only rented it. Had a lot of fun the first day and barley touched it the second day. Glad I only spent $3 on it.

Beta was fun, but yeah $110 for the full game is ludicrous, BF4 was the same way though so I'm not surprised. Work has been nuts the past few weeks and won't be slowing down soon, I might get this after the holidays. I still have plenty left of Dragon Age Inq to do, plus the Witcher expansion.

Edited by OmarBradley

i heard a lot of people are asking for refunds for the game.

Interesting.

I'm reading mostly mediocre reviews. Everyone agrees the game is sort of fun, but nothing groundbreaking and is a bit disappointing when compared to the first two, and all of the hype surrounding it.

DICE should have made it more Battlefield. It should have been Star Wars: Battlefield.

• Like 1

i heard a lot of people are asking for refunds for the game.

Interesting.

I'm reading mostly mediocre reviews. Everyone agrees the game is sort of fun, but nothing groundbreaking and is a bit disappointing when compared to the first two, and all of the hype surrounding it.

DICE should have made it more Battlefield. It should have been Star Wars: Battlefield.

that would have been badass.

I jumped on the beta for the last day and played for a couple of hours. It was fun, don't know if I'll buy it unless it's on sale though.

I ended up renting it. Had a blast earlier today and I'm gonna play more tonight too. Really glad I didn't buy it as well though. I can see it being fun for a few days, then quickly becoming stale.

Good call, I have a couple friends that are pretty irritated with the purchase. What a shame, I really expected a lot more from the full game.

I jumped on the beta for the last day and played for a couple of hours. It was fun, don't know if I'll buy it unless it's on sale though.

I ended up renting it. Had a blast earlier today and I'm gonna play more tonight too. Really glad I didn't buy it as well though. I can see it being fun for a few days, then quickly becoming stale.

Good call, I have a couple friends that are pretty irritated with the purchase. What a shame, I really expected a lot more from the full game.
I thought it looked shite from the start. No campaign for me = no thanks.
  • Like 1

See that's the thing; I don't know dick about dick when it comes to FPS. I'm generally pretty bad at them so I usually just steer clear.

The rental served it's purpose for me. I ran drank some whiskey, then sat on my couch running around Endor & Hoth shooting shit up for a while. Mission accomplished. :lol:

See that's the thing; I don't know dick about dick when it comes to FPS. I'm generally pretty bad at them so I usually just steer clear.

The rental served it's purpose for me. I ran drank some whiskey, then sat on my couch running around Endor & Hoth shooting shit up for a while. Mission accomplished. :lol:

Online multiplayer FPS are great if you've got a spare ten hours a day to practice. In other words they're not great unless you're 14.

Lack of campaign is annoying but I find the online multiplayer to be at least as enjoyable as any Battlefield or CoD game.

It does look fun and I've heard the gameplay is good, but I wouldn't pay more than £20 for it. There's simply not enough content to warrant the full price. I realise there are some map variations, but let's not beat around the bush, there are four maps/locations, and that's just terrible. Even if you take the variations, there are sixteen. For a game without any credible single player, that's piss poor. I gather there's Jakku coming, but then the rest are all saved for DLC, which costs as much as the game itself. That's taking the piss. It's almost like EA are looking to parody themselves.

• Like 1

There are definitely more than 4 maps

There are only four planets though right? And while there are variations in the layout, don't try to tell me that all four renditions of Hoth are totally unique and feel completely different. Hoth is Hoth. There is just no excuse for a game to offer this little content, to turn around and say "well you can have the rest of it if you pay double the price." I'm not slating DLC here, I think DLC/Expansion can be a wonderful thing when done properly, but now so much is being held back specifically to charge a ridiculous amount of a season pass. And I get told I'm being "entitled". Well, no shit. If I'm being charged £50 I expect a fucking game. If they wanted to go down this route, the base package should be cheaper, then they can offer people whatever they want to buy. At least it isn't hell bent on microtransactions, so that's something.

Even if they used those four planets and whatever variations of their maps, it couldn't have been that hard to build a bit of a story around them, or at least a campaign/spec-ops style missions.

• Like 1

Hope it is ok enough. My boy is getting it for Christmas for the xbox one. He wanted it but it may have been overhyped?

I'm sure he'll enjoy it, by all accounts it plays well and is good fun, while being one of the best looking and sounding games to date.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Since seeing SW Thursday night I've been back in SW mode for what is perhaps the first time since playing Galaxies 5+ years ago. I took a day or so to think about getting Battlefront, best deal around is still $40 on Origin, which is a bit more than I'd have liked to pay, but not atrocious. So about 3 hours ago I bought it, it downloaded and install.

Load it up, try to play some Fighter Squadron (or whatever the flying mode is)....... couldn't find servers. Okay, weird. Tried other modes... none could find/connect to servers. 3 hours later I'd tried forwarding a bunch of ports/creating a static IP, rebooting the modem, changing settings, dropping firewalls, making/remaking rules/exceptions in my AV, deleting files and repairing the game... to no avail. Game would still not connect to any fucking servers. Apparently others have had this problem, as evidenced by Google searches. EA does not appear to have officially addressed it, though it looks like they're aware of the issue.

I called EA support to hopefully get some tech support. I could tell almost immediately, when the woman on the phone asked what platform I was using (which was in the form I filled out AND I had already said "PC" on the call) and then started to say, "Let me look up the troubleshooting methods here..." that it wasn't getting fixed. I interrupted her and just told her to give me a refund.

Fuck you EA, Origin, DICE, all of you. And while we're at it, fuck you Ubisoft.

I'm taking my $40 back and buying a $10 Witcher expansion which I fucking know will work.

Edited by OmarBradley

Since seeing SW Thursday night I've been back in SW mode for what is perhaps the first time since playing Galaxies 5+ years ago. I took a day or so to think about getting Battlefront, best deal around is still $40 on Origin, which is a bit more than I'd have liked to pay, but not atrocious. So about 3 hours ago I bought it, it downloaded and install.

Load it up, try to play some Fighter Squadron (or whatever the flying mode is)....... couldn't find servers. Okay, weird. Tried other modes... none could find/connect to servers. 3 hours later I'd tried forwarding a bunch of ports/creating a static IP, rebooting the modem, changing settings, dropping firewalls, making/remaking rules/exceptions in my AV, deleting files and repairing the game... to no avail. Game would still not connect to any fucking servers. Apparently others have had this problem, as evidenced by Google searches. EA does not appear to have officially addressed it, though it looks like they're aware of the issue.

I called EA support to hopefully get some tech support. I could tell almost immediately, when the woman on the phone asked what platform I was using (which was in the form I filled out AND I had already said "PC" on the call) and then started to say, "Let me look up the troubleshooting methods here..." that it wasn't getting fixed. I interrupted her and just told her to give me a refund.

Fuck you EA, Origin, DICE, all of you. And while we're at it, fuck you Ubisoft.

I'm taking my $40 back and buying a $10 Witcher expansion which I fucking know will work.

That sucks but I too have read about people having this same issue. Its ridiculous and lazy, as for UniSoft I'm giving them one more chance when the division comes out in march but after the unity debacle and might and magic x running like garbage they are on my mast nerve.

Edited by bran