A Thousand Horses

The Real McCoy

Yeah they're definitely influenced by the brothers Robinson. Their whole album is pretty good. They lose me some when they go for the radio hits, but other than those few songs I like them. Thinking about seeing them next month, they seem like they'd be good live.

This isn't on the album just this soundtrack, but sounds like this is the song that got them signed or whatever. When they're in this mode, and First Time, they nail it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J Dog said:

Yeah they're definitely influenced by the brothers Robinson. Their whole album is pretty good. They lose me some when they go for the radio hits, but other than those few songs I like them. Thinking about seeing them next month, they seem like they'd be good live.

This isn't on the album just this soundtrack, but sounds like this is the song that got them signed or whatever. When they're in this mode, and First Time, they nail it.

I've seen them live twice in the past few months, and they're awesome. They've even been covering "Hard To Handle" lately.

I think that there's some relation between Michael Hobby and the Bros. Robinson. Rich Robinson co-wrote "Sunday Morning" on the album, and ATH brought him out onstage with Darius Rucker a few months back to cover "She Talks To Angels."

But I'd definitely go see them live if you have a chance. They're great dudes too. Super friendly.

I have the song from the Footloose soundtrack, and I do believe that's the song that got them their deal.

Edited by The Real McCoy
  • Like 1

On 3/14/2016 at 11:12 AM, The Real McCoy said:

I've seen them live twice in the past few months, and they're awesome. They've even been covering "Hard To Handle" lately.

I think that there's some relation between Michael Hobby and the Bros. Robinson. Rich Robinson co-wrote "Sunday Morning" on the album, and ATH brought him out onstage with Darius Rucker a few months back to cover "She Talks To Angels."

But I'd definitely go see them live if you have a chance. They're great dudes too. Super friendly.

I have the song from the Footloose soundtrack, and I do believe that's the song that got them their deal.

I didn't know that about Rich co-writing, cool stuff. You can definitely hear it on Sunday Morning. I think I just me check them out. They seem like they would have a good live sound.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, J Dog said:

I didn't know that about Rich co-writing, cool stuff. You can definitely hear it on Sunday Morning. I think I just me check them out. They seem like they would have a good live sound.

I saw them in a VERY small club (private show opening for Steven Tyler), and a large arena, and they had an awesome presence both times. Well worth checking them out.

The three female backing vocalists and their touring multi-instrumentalist really add to the sound.

• Like 1