Axl just keeps on getter better! DAMN!

JohnnyGtar

Goddammit! Axl gets better with every gig. Someone in another thread said that he has AC/DC DNA. I agree, and now Axl is OWNING that music up there on the stage. He's AXL FUCKING ROSE again.

He really was born for this gig. Period.

Edited by JohnnyGtar

1 minute ago, ludurigan said:

i cant believe it took him 23 fucking years to sing like this again

I think he has been able to sing like this in 06 or 10 but I would agree with a statement that said it took him 23 years to sing with this kind of passion. Maybe he feels freed up by just being the singer and not the boss

3 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

I think he has been able to sing like this in 06 or 10 but I would agree with a statement that said it took him 23 years to sing with this kind of passion. Maybe he feels freed up by just being the singer and not the boss

yeah

wish he is smart enough to be the GNR singer again someday alongside izzy, slash, duff and steven

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, JohnnyGtar said:

Goddammit! Axl gets better with every gig. Someone in another thread said that he has AC/DC DNA. I agree, and now Axl is OWNING that music up there on the stage. He's AXL FUCKING ROSE again.

He really was born for this gig. Period.

Axl's doing incredible! But I'm going to take a different view here and say the first 3 shows were his best vocally, but what he does out of the chair makes up for some of the lost vocal work he had going sitting. 

In my opinion his voice falters towards the end of the show recently. He's not getting as much rasp as he was. Look at Let there be Rock or For those about to Rock, Axl just seems to be struggling at this point in the show now where as the first few shows he was nailing everything! He might be tired, voice might be tired or the chair was helping tremendously but I do feel like he's lost some of his vocal greatness that we saw in the early shows. 

Now the energy he brings out of the chair is amazing and does more for the show than perfect vocals in the chair. But I'd like to see Axl put the early vocals on a standing performance...I think he can do it 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IncitingChaos said:

most recent performance is...ok but lacking compared to that first one. 

It really has to do with the chair singing vs the walking around singing IMO. I do get the impression that sitting down he can easily finish a 2 hour set with the same powerful singing voice. When he's walking around, you can tell that he's losing his voice sporadically towards the end of the show.