Europe & Muslims

Snake-Pit

I've got love for Muslims and I think if anybody needs sympathy right now, it's probably the Muslims?

In France... They banned the burqa.

In Amsterdam (where I've just been); some BDS Rally in Dam Square got my sympathy; saw this big anti Israel thing; I showed support to it. Thought it was actually better than that lady with the face paint that was also there that day... Girl who gave me this was fit; wearing a burqa and jeans, saw her face, was pretty... Maybe wearing makeup, IDK, all I know is, she got my support and my attention and; yeah. The ONLY thing sort of political I saw in the NL last week was;

leaflet side 1.jpg

Side I

leaflet side 2.jpg

Side II

I also found them, scanning people's brains

086.JPG

(I still kick myself for not getting a snapshot of this, but am glad I'm not the butthole who took pictures of some lady in a tent wearing a brain scanning device);

http://www.hollandfestival.nl/en/program/2016/chauvinism-scanner/

The lady spent a lot of the time explaining how they were non political and not anti Muslim... Or anything, but just were doing a census. Still, it was a demographic I asked about when asking what the whole thing was.

Here, in London; IDK, we just elected a Muslim mayor but... I don't think it's because he's a Muslim; I like that.

Edited by Snake-Pit

1 minute ago, Len B'stard said:

Must make a right bastard of skiing on the Alps.

And here's me thinking no robberies in motorcycle helmets. (So if you're on your bike it must be okay)? and that whole; France not wanting to get robbed....

SO HANG ON.... What about people in costumes in Paris, that I just assume are there for tourists.

Like, Micky! at Disneyland...

I can't see his face!..

How do I even know it's a he? ;):)

Edited by Snake-Pit

6 minutes ago, Len B'stard said:

Motorcycle helmets too, yeah, good point!  I wonder if facepaint counts.  I think no robberies is a general rule across the world Snakes :lol:

I guess you, me and Pappy shows that ppl from London don't care if ppl's Muslim? IDK.

Edited by Snake-Pit

6 hours ago, Snake-Pit said:

Girl who gave me this was fit; wearing a burqa and jeans, saw her face, was pretty... Maybe wearing makeup, IDK, all I know is, she got my support and my attention an

How one decides the Palestinian-Israel issue. How Snakepit decides anyhow haha.

• Like 1

So an Imam and a Rabi walk into a TV studio, both middle-aged men. They were asked by the host of the show how they would react if their son or daughter told them they were gay. The Rabi went on to say that that could never happen given the upbringing within the Jewish community and how statistically people with gay feelings are non-existent. When asked if he would accept them, he refused to answer and went on and on how this could just not happen within the Jewish religious community. The Imam was asked the same question and while acknowledging the change in sexual preferences for some people, he too danced around the question but when asked if he would accept it, he ultimately after much hesitation and I feel due to pressure from the camera said "yes, it's still my son".

This was not a joke or a morality play, but an actual segment on a TV show that deals with recent events and this discussion was of course on the recent LGBT Orlando attack. As such it didn't take place 20 years ago, but yesterday. Point I'm making is that both men denounced LGBT members not on the basis of their sexual preference (though it might factor in), but because of their religion and how that is not condoned within the community. And these guests were considered somewhat open and progressive figures in the year 2016.

On the same show, a day prior, someone visited a Muslim teen to get a sense of what the Ramadan is about for them. Once again, they found the most progressive Muslim possible, a stylish Antwerp rapper who practises Islam. When asked if he could live without the Ramadan, he said it was impossible and you cannot dispute the teachings of Allah and the Koran etc. And this was a progressive teen. They didn't even go to the more risky suburbs where you'll find the more hardcore Muslims. Either way, there was no debate possible. The Koran is the law.

So yeah, Muslims in Europe. Quite the party folk.

36 minutes ago, Bumblefeet said:

When they promote intolerance, discrimination and indoctrination, I kinda feel it's best to tone that shit down.

Perhaps they feel the same way in the opposite direction?  Its worth noting that society only decided 50 years ago that homosexuality and shit like that should even be legal, much less socially acceptable...but now one group has decided they've come to terms with it the rest of the world is supposed to change their minds on the spot, sort of arrogant and presumptuous, dont you think?  You can't lecture people into submission about their beliefs.

Its not like any of the above mentioned were advocating violence or some shit.

Edited by Len B'stard

20 minutes ago, Len B'stard said:

Perhaps they feel the same way in the opposite direction?  Its worth noting that society only decided 50 years ago that homosexuality and shit like that should even be legal, much less socially acceptable...but now one group has decided they've come to terms with it the rest of the world is supposed to change their minds on the spot, sort of arrogant and presumptuous, dont you think?  You can't lecture people into submission about their beliefs.

Its not like any of the above mentioned were advocating violence or some shit.

LGBT acceptability might have only gotten accepted in the last century, it has been around for much longer. By the same logic the abolishment of slavery and fight for women's rights have come about in the last century so we should still respect those who have opposite views on that matter? ;)

I'll grant you that none of the above were advocating violence, but when you promote your religion as the only "truth", which most of them do and like I pointed out it's not even open for debate, you create a culture where any criticism or ridiculing of said truth does incite violence. Look at the Danish cartoons and Charlie Hebdo.

14 minutes ago, Bumblefeet said:

LGBT acceptability might have only gotten accepted in the last century, it has been around for much longer. By the same logic the abolishment of slavery and fight for women's rights have come about in the last century so we should still respect those who have opposite views on that matter? ;)

I'll grant you that none of the above were advocating violence, but when you promote your religion as the only "truth", which most of them do and like I pointed out it's not even open for debate, you create a culture where any criticism or ridiculing of said truth does incite violence. Look at the Danish cartoons and Charlie Hebdo.

Acceptability has only be accepted in the last century but its been around for a lot longer, I'm not sure what you mean with that?

As for the womens rights thing, thats interesting you should point that out cuz its valid here, how far along are we in that regard?  Far enough to pontificate?  I dont think so.  And no ones saying dont fight for their rights or accept prejudice but see here we find out who actually cares about the issue at hand and whoose preoccupation is acting right on and superior to others.

For example, a muslim imam to accept that shit, have you any idea how seismic that is?  But instead of taking that on board you were kinda narky about it, now that doesn't serve the cause of progress, all that does is get peoples backs up and makes it look like your central preoccupation is more centred around you being the big dick in the room rather than being pleased about something that is actually quite a leap. Dont get me wrong Bumble, Im not saying that is the case with you you understand, just saying.

I mean how far along are we really with all this to be looking across the seas and other cultures and passing judgement on them, how unhomophobic are we really, if you're honest with yourself, as a society?  You think the great unwashed of America, UK, Europe etc etc are that far ahead?  I think you'd be suprised.

1 hour ago, Len B'stard said:

For example, a muslim imam to accept that shit, have you any idea how seismic that is?  But instead of taking that on board you were kinda narky about it, now that doesn't serve the cause of progress, all that does is get peoples backs up and makes it look like your central preoccupation is more centred around you being the big dick in the room rather than being pleased about something that is actually quite a leap. Dont get me wrong Bumble, Im not saying that is the case with you you understand, just saying.

I don't find that seismic. I find that pathetic that both 'religious' men beat around the bush and didn't even accept the notion of someone being 'gay' as a reality lol in this day and age. You can call me a big dick for questioning that Imam's sincerity, but the truth is that you wont see him say before his congregation. And I'm aware that progress needs to be made and it works all so slow, I'm just shocked that with even the most moderate and progressive voices, there exists this impenetrable wall. The interview in question did get a lot of backlash (thankfully) so who knows some change will come of it.

And how did you know I have a big dick? Are you hacking my phone?

11 minutes ago, Bumblefeet said:

I don't find that seismic. I find that pathetic that both 'religious' men beat around the bush and didn't even accept the notion of someone being 'gay' as a reality lol in this day and age. You can call me a big dick for questioning that Imam's sincerity, but the truth is that you wont see him say before his congregation. And I'm aware that progress needs to be made and it works all so slow, I'm just shocked that with even the most moderate and progressive voices, there exists this impenetrable wall. The interview in question did get a lot of backlash (thankfully) so who knows some change will come of it.

And how did you know I have a big dick? Are you hacking my phone?

Right well when you get to the point of calling them pathetic thats when you get a 'well fuck you too then' and achieve nothing, this is exactly what i meant, the aggressive condescending approach achieves nothing and leaves one wondering what your intention here is, it appears to be just coming across as all 'right on'.  I didnt say you were a big dick or had a big dick, i said your central preoccupation is coming off like you are the big dick in the room, something usually done by people with little ones :D

Edited by Len B'stard

1 hour ago, Len B'stard said:

Right well when you get to the point of calling them pathetic thats when you get a 'well fuck you too then' and achieve nothing, this is exactly what i meant, the aggressive condescending approach achieves nothing and leaves one wondering what your intention here is, it appears to be just coming across as all 'right on'.  I didnt say you were a big dick or had a big dick, i said your central preoccupation is coming off like you are the big dick in the room, something usually done by people with little ones :D

Now I know you must be hacking my phone! Stop it. ;)

• Like 1