How You Treat Your Body

Snake-Pit

Inspired by the Olympics, I fucked up bad..

014.JPG

That was... Night before last... Decided to do a half marathon... Hadn't really ran since Amsterdam... 'Silly me'...

I remember virtually giving up around the 9th to 10th mile, I remember I ran, was running, and was glad to hear 9 miles at a certain point I calculated to be correct, and I remember by the 10th mile was announced on my app/ I was on the last leg marching back because I still wanted to finish/cross my personal finishing line/stop at the point I started; plus I had to get back to mine (my friend/Army Girl taught me how to march, she is way cool) so I marched it and even sat down twice real quick... Got to my road... was so happy (I'm an idiot)! what did I do? - *rhetorical question - I ran, did the final sprint to mine; on my road/my block; whatever, the point where I was reaching for my finish line.

LONGEST RUN record broke in duration (but since distance wasn't broken and I marched back through Norbury sort of) I'm not too happy about that; LONGEST RUN of my RunKeeper Activity and, I just ran to Brixton and back; not only had I calculated wrong which came apparent when my 11th mile was announced; not only did I get the maths/math wrong on that by about 0.77 miles too short; My left calf gave out and either have Runner's Knee or hit my knee when I broke down to the ground; with like two MANLY screams, outside, yards away, CARS AWAY! like 2 CARS! from mine, looking at my finish line, sitting, even watching my calf muscle involuntary flex and cramp etc... Looking at my finish line... 11.23 miles;

I have Muscle Fatigue and have stocked up on Radox bath salts to feed magnesium through my pores and; have been massaging my affected muscles and stretching; the hot bath muscle soak thing I found on Google..

I've found this as well http://running.competitor.com/2013/09/training/how-to-beat-marathon-muscle-cramps_84843#sLYLWzVQFP1rMT9e.01 (before I found a course of treatment); this link let me know what I had done to my body..

Right now I'm resting up, I just read between 24 - 48 hours is good and I'm probably / feel like it's been about 44 hours and, can't get better soon enough; those bath salts have worked tremendously I must say and  I am on the mend but, I haven't really ran since June! and I went out to do a half marathon... I'm just hoping I'm looking back and laughing about this come Monday morning ready for work next week in Victoria (the London neighbourhood; perverts)!

Edited by Snake-Pit

I do a half marathon every month. Registered for a competition the other day and two days later I got an injury in my heel (planar fasciatiis). Now I don't know what to do. The competition is coming up in two weeks time and I haven't been running in a long time. Run with the injury or throw in the towel?

I personally am going to do my best to get back on the horse/into my stride; even if the treatment of 20 minute hot baths is an endurance test for me that sees me drying off from them in my bed all hot and naked wrapped up in a various towels with a fan on acting as the closest thing I've got to aircon in here.. It's something you just have to do if you want to get back in there, and I for my own running, don't want to throw in the towel just yet, in fact, the opposite; I want to get back 'on the horse' and train myself up again and do THE EXACT SAME RUN, so, I'd be lying if I said I didn't have this goal in mind to do that now, because I know I can if I just trained first etc... But whatever, I am resting up in recovery mode and I can't wait to start running again so I can do that.

Edited by Snake-Pit
  • Like 1

I thought marathons were 24 miles long... Hmmm... I want to run to Brixton and back more than I want to do a 'half marathon'; Marathons are 26. something miles; but I was honestly aiming for 12 miles thinking that was a half marathon.. Hmm.. I live I learn I guess.

Edited by Snake-Pit

Since it's you PappyTron, ama' gift you with this.

011.JPG

But whatever, talking about my anus or not or, time elapsing... I feel I am confident enough to get up and, without using my hands to get up too, and dance - that I actually did, I danced; stupid and sucked due to this Muscle Fatigue, but, I am on the mend so much so. :D I was about to stretch anyway, but.... Sitting down typing these posts and my hamstring felt real good all of a sudden and still and I sat down here feeling to riverdance, for the first time in 48 hours of walking like an orangutan at some points all furniture walking as fast as a tortoise. - I the only dance my body do when I tried to dance just now I can only liken to PSY, Gangnam Style dance going left like a crab side stepping it a bit so, I can't really control my dancing, yet, but, good stuff still, that and the odd stamp kick like I had a guitar on 'I wear guitars, love Jim Dunlop strap lock system.' - I very quickly just got up and danced after 48 hours of not having that option and I took it.

:)

I want to take care of my body still..

I'm not keen on pushing myself though during my recovery, that said, my ankles are still sore (they got sore too) but quads calves and hamstrings feeling better now than they did say hours ago... It's been 8 hours since my 3rd hot bath... feel maybe now?

(I am not too fond of this) but that and stretch and sleep and :) - that's 1 plan. I was going to stretch but now I'm adding in a bath again because...

IDK how often or not but my legs are craving one, so, yeah, dancing made me want to cap them off and soak in a hot bath of salts now...

So brb..

Edited by Snake-Pit

On 13/08/2016 at 0:55 AM, Snake-Pit said:

Inspired by the Olympics, I fucked up bad..

014.JPG

That was... Night before last... Decided to do a half marathon... Hadn't really ran since Amsterdam... 'Silly me'...

I remember virtually giving up around the 9th to 10th mile, I remember I ran, was running, and was glad to hear 9 miles at a certain point I calculated to be correct, and I remember by the 10th mile was announced on my app/ I was on the last leg marching back because I still wanted to finish/cross my personal finishing line/stop at the point I started; plus I had to get back to mine (my friend/Army Girl taught me how to march, she is way cool) so I marched it and even sat down twice real quick... Got to my road... was so happy (I'm an idiot)! what did I do? - *rhetorical question - I ran, did the final sprint to mine; on my road/my block; whatever, the point where I was reaching for my finish line.

LONGEST RUN record broke in duration (but since distance wasn't broken and I marched back through Norbury sort of) I'm not too happy about that; LONGEST RUN of my RunKeeper Activity and, I just ran to Brixton and back; not only had I calculated wrong which came apparent when my 11th mile was announced; not only did I get the maths/math wrong on that by about 0.77 miles too short; My left calf gave out and either have Runner's Knee or hit my knee when I broke down to the ground; with like two MANLY screams, outside, yards away, CARS AWAY! like 2 CARS! from mine, looking at my finish line, sitting, even watching my calf muscle involuntary flex and cramp etc... Looking at my finish line... 11.23 miles;

I have Muscle Fatigue and have stocked up on Radox bath salts to feed magnesium through my pores and; have been massaging my affected muscles and stretching; the hot bath muscle soak thing I found on Google..

I've found this as well http://running.competitor.com/2013/09/training/how-to-beat-marathon-muscle-cramps_84843#sLYLWzVQFP1rMT9e.01 (before I found a course of treatment); this link let me know what I had done to my body..

Right now I'm resting up, I just read between 24 - 48 hours is good and I'm probably / feel like it's been about 44 hours and, can't get better soon enough; those bath salts have worked tremendously I must say and  I am on the mend but, I haven't really ran since June! and I went out to do a half marathon... I'm just hoping I'm looking back and laughing about this come Monday morning ready for work next week in Victoria (the London neighbourhood; perverts)!

I love that place name, 'Tooting;.