American Horror Story 6

Okay, I watched the new season last night. don't want to give anything away, but honestly, it was a disappointment.

It wasn't anything I haven't seen in other shows or movies.

I think if it would have been about the preview it would have been better.

Still waiting to be scared. didn't happen last night.

Maybe it'll get better.

I'd like to hear anyone else's views on it.

It started? Im a big fan, but after last years debacle, I wasn't even excited for the new season. Before every year I used to wait and be so excited, but well now I din't even know and Im hearing from here that a new season already started lol

I guess ill watch whenever I am in the mood. 

4 hours ago, Slash787 said:

It started? Im a big fan, but after last years debacle, I wasn't even excited for the new season. Before every year I used to wait and be so excited, but well now I din't even know and Im hearing from here that a new season already started lol

I guess ill watch whenever I am in the mood. 

The first episode was last night. The name of the show might confuse some of you. Let me know and I can explain what this storyline is supposed be about. I had to have my mother explain it to me because I didn't know about the incident.

1 hour ago, Apollo said:

So far nothing to be excited about 

that's how my mom felt. Crazy. I hope it gets better. I want something to shock me! lol

I actually really liked it, it was creepier in a subdued way like the first couple of seasons rather than "YOU SHOULD BE SCARED OF THIS THING" like it has been in the last few.

The atmosphere and acting was good imo, interesting format too.

Heard rumours that there's gonna be three separate stories covered this season, so it's possible the one from the first ep may only last for a few episodes.

Edited by toroymoi

Just now, bran said:

the circus one...freakshow i think?

Yeah it totally went out of my mind, even that was bad.

For me the best one will always remain season 2, that season was excellent and had a lot of grip. 

This new season seems better than Hotel, but it has nothing new to it. Lets see how they make it more interesting. 

The first episode was ok, I would give it 7/10

I will continue to watch it. I love Lady GAGA. Anyway, yahoo.com is posting all their thoughts on the season. lol

Hate when all the speculation begins. It did explain the Roanoke story incase no one knew about it. I didn't. My mom had to explain it to me.

They also mention this incident in the movie Phanthoms, based on the Dean Koontz book.

Anyway, I just want to see something new and shocking. it seems no one is coming up with someone we haven't seen before.

Wish I could think of something. lol

34 minutes ago, Jane M. said:

I liked it, I know it started a bit slow but it's just the first episode. Let's wait and give it a try. 

This season looks like it might be better than Hotel.

Even I have a feeling it will be better than Hotel. 

The concept and execution is pretty cool actually.

I like it better than "here's a scary asylum, be scared" and their other seasons that draw out vague horror concepts but never really nail something unique that they can play with.

Roanoke hasn't really been done a lot in pop culture, I dig that, and I like that I was surprised by the direction they started the season off with.

I will continue to watch it.

It would be cool to get another take on the Roanoke incident since I don't think it's ever been solved. Don't really remember what anyone thought the cause was.

I read they are hinting at Satan worshiping.

I think if I was in that house I would have been freaked out, but watching it on tv kind of lost the horror for me.

Like I said, I want to be shocked and screaming WTF? when I see something new!

I'm curious to know how that woman from OK guessed what this season's storyline would be about. She won a big prize. I wouldn't have thought of that story for sure. Kudos for her!

3 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I will continue to watch it.

It would be cool to get another take on the Roanoke incident since I don't think it's ever been solved. Don't really remember what anyone thought the cause was.

I read they are hinting at Satan worshiping.

I think if I was in that house I would have been freaked out, but watching it on tv kind of lost the horror for me.

Like I said, I want to be shocked and screaming WTF? when I see something new!

I'm curious to know how that woman from OK guessed what this season's storyline would be about. She won a big prize. I wouldn't have thought of that story for sure. Kudos for her!

Even I will continue to watch it

I don't know about the Roanoke incident, so should I search it? will it spoil anything for me? 

2 hours ago, Slash787 said:

Im too scared to search it

It was a island colony in the 1500s off the East Coast. When the colony began dwindling low on supplies, a group set back to England to retrieve more goods. Due to a massive war with Spain at the time, the resupply party was stuck in England for three years before they could return to Roanoke. When they returned all 100 some odd colony members were gone without a trace. No bodies, no signs of a struggle, and evidence that the colonists had plenty of time to pack their belongings and leave.

The name of a Native Caribbean peoples was carved into a tree, and through genetics and other means, its been mostly concluded that the colonists abandoned their island to live with the natives, who had food and shelter that they lacked. Makes sense that they got fed up with waiting three years for the re supply party to return lol

People like to make it seem spookier, but real life is boring unfortunately. I'm excited to see their horror spin on the colony

Edited by Dan H.

8 hours ago, Dan H. said:

It was a island colony in the 1500s off the East Coast. When the colony began dwindling low on supplies, a group set back to England to retrieve more goods. Due to a massive war with Spain at the time, the resupply party was stuck in England for three years before they could return to Roanoke. When they returned all 100 some odd colony members were gone without a trace. No bodies, no signs of a struggle, and evidence that the colonists had plenty of time to pack their belongings and leave.

The name of a Native Caribbean peoples was carved into a tree, and through genetics and other means, its been mostly concluded that the colonists abandoned their island to live with the natives, who had food and shelter that they lacked. Makes sense that they got fed up with waiting three years for the re supply party to return lol

People like to make it seem spookier, but real life is boring unfortunately. I'm excited to see their horror spin on the colony

Yeah well that din't seem scary, I guess there will a lot of dead pigs and tribe people in this season. 

Yeah, I looked Roanoke up too. I didn't realize it took one of the settlers 3 years to get back to the settlement and everyone was gone.

Now it doesn't seem so mysterious. I mean after 3 years. I thought they disappeared over night. lol

Anyway, now FX is showing more and more previews of AHS and giving it all away. Wish they wouldn't show so much.

It's better to be surprised and shocked.

I used to watch this show called "haven" on syfy and they had a storyline with a character named Ccoatoan. He was played by William Shatner. He was a powerful being who was bad then turned good. lol

Anyway, since it was 3 years I'm sure some of those people could have died or just moved on. I'm sure it was hard to trace people back then, so I doubt aliens took them. ha ha

Can't wait to see Lady GAGA.

Edited by dontdamnmeuyi2015
more to say

After the debacle of Hotel, I was not even looking forward to this season, but as you mentioned here, so I thought to watch it.

I am interested to see what is next, but again I am not that much interested like how I used to be, so I don't watch the previews. 

Before a week used to be so long, but now Im like whatever.....lol