Ranking of Izzy's songs broken down by albums / currently 'Miami'

int8

No, No, Noooooo, not chop away its in my top 5 ish Izzy songs, I have spent most of the week going over the album to work out what to eliminate next and just end up listening to Chop away on repeat.

:nervous:I don't know what to do...... I go Hell  song.

3 minutes ago, Archtop said:

I just have to point that absolute respect ought to be paid to Rick Richards for pulling off that hat in the video. :P

For some reason I never really noticed that hat and had to go check. Is it broken with loose ends on top? :rofl-lol:

8 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

For some reason I never really noticed that hat and had to go check. Is it broken with loose ends on top? :rofl-lol:

Yes, it definantly looks like it has been sat on in the past. ?

My vote - Hammerhead, so it takes the fourth place.

Remaining songs:

Bomb
  Hell Song  1
  Chop Away    1

4. Hammerhead   3
5. Rollin On   
5. Like A Dog   
7.   Just Don't Know  
8.  On The Run    
9.  Win U Lose  
10. Snafu  
11. Hidden Bonus Track  (Like A Dog 5:18)   

The voting ends on the 17th of May, at 9:00 p.m. (UTC+2). 

______

Hell Song

Hell Song takes the third place.

Vote for the song you like less:

Bomb   or
  Chop Away  

3. Hell Song   5
4. Hammerhead   
5. Rollin On   
5. Like A Dog   
7.   Just Don't Know  
8.  On The Run    
9.  Win U Lose  
10. Snafu  
11. Hidden Bonus Track  (Like A Dog 5:18)   

The voting ends on the 18th of May, at 9:00 p.m. (UTC+2). 

__

Bomb

This is the album I know least of all, will have to do some homework.

I pretty mush agree with our ranking of like a dog would have put Hammerhead over hell song and Snafu slightly higher but glad Bomb came out on top.

4 hours ago, Archtop said:

This is the album I know least of all, will have to do some homework.

I pretty mush agree with our ranking of like a dog would have put Hammerhead over hell song and Snafu slightly higher but glad Bomb came out on top.

We would have had a similar ranking. Hammerhead is ranked to low, I really like it. (Not only because of his pretty face in the video ;)). 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Archtop said:

@int8haven't seen you for a little while, everything O.K? Anyway missing our thread hope to see you back on here soon ?

Yeah, I'm OK. :)

CP3FhnBUAAAeSR_.jpg

Something to read before starting off -  Izzy about Miami (source chopaway.com):

You've mentioned before that you used a Fender Pro Jr. and Rick a Marshall JCM 2000 DSL401 on the album, what kind of guitars did you use?

I used a tv yellow Gibson SG on most of the songs and Rick his regular....Paul Reed Smith I believe...ask him though!

Who did the rant & backing vocals on JR's Song and vocal speeches on FSO Ragga?

Taz does the opera (hilarious) voice and rant on JR's Song... He's quite a talent....he paints as well.

Did you write all the songs or where there any co-written by someone else (e.g. Rick)?

I did write the songs on Miami but its the group that makes them sound like they do.... Its a unique chemistry that's stuck for 15 years with Rick and I and 12 years with Taz... JT's new since the Like A Dog cd and he's also a very talented musician..... They each bring their own special sound and style to these recordings and that's what I love about the music we end up with at the end of the day.... Rick Richards came up with the line "our ministry needs your money" during a band's "piss take" session that we recorded live. I thought it was brilliant .... we used it as a main line in "FSO Raga" aka "Fuck Straight Off"...

Did the writing take you along time? Were the songs worked out a lot before entering the studio as in demos? And could you tell us some info on what some songs are about?

I wrote the material prior to the sessions and the rest during the time we spent in Miami....... the place itself inspired a few tunes.......... "Buildings In The Sky" came about from these big high rise buildings that spring up out of the beach... they're imposing......... Huge contrast to the palm trees and the beautiful turquoise colored ocean.... Some pimped out Rolls Royce cars, street girls walkin' by at lunch time in heels..... it's a trip...................."TJ" aka Tijuana is about this guy I know who kept goin' down to TJ to get clean......... but the detox is not an FDA approved treatment...... You could only get it in Mexico..... He said he would hallucinate for about 6-12 hours, sleep for about 48-72 hours and then wake up and feel pretty good, considering................and he was on the methadone program in America for almost 4 years prior to these treatments! I think he just liked the hallucination/tripping part of it because he ended up goin' back a bunch of times..... He's clean last I heard 06/07

Over the years you've seen the inside of a lot of recording studios when recording your albums, which would be your favorite, if there is any?

Favourite studios....... "Criteria" is top notch...... "Nomad studios" in Dallas great vibe, cozy place to work........ There was a place in Trinidad "Caribbean Sound Basin" we tracked at back w/ Ju Ju Hounds that was cool..... Middle of the island, iguana lizards in the trees outside. The studio had nice hotel rooms built in....great Caribbean food in house as well. Nice crew of people running it.

And last but not least, what is your favorite track off of Miami?

.............? Not sure..................

Izzy_Stradlin_Miami.jpg

Choose your least favorite track from listed below:

TJ 
 Buildings In The Sky 
 Let Go 
 JR's Song 
 Partly Cloudy 
 Waiting 
 Bombs Away 
 Tough Check 
 Pick Up The Phone 
 Everythings Alright 
 FSO Ragga

The voting ends on the 28th of May, at 9:00 p.m. (UTC+2). 

• Like 1

OK I'm going to be brutally honest and say this is probably my least favourite Izzy album, so I'm finding this difficult. 

@Darkenchantress I can't decide if I dislike Junior or not, but it does keep me amused so I won't vote it out yet. 

I think I will go Tough cheek, because it's fairly unforgettable. 

?

Edited by Archtop

JR's Song which actually I really like. So that one is out. 

Choose your least favorite track from listed below:

Buildings In The Sky 
 Let Go 
 JR's Song 
 Partly Cloudy 
 Waiting 
 Bombs Away 
 Tough Check   1
 Pick Up The Phone 
 Everythings Alright 
 FSO Ragga

11.  TJ   2

The voting ends on the 29th of May, at 9:00 p.m. (UTC+2).