Ranking of Izzy's songs broken down by albums / currently 'Miami'

int8

Going for Coke'n again.

Have you noticed how Izzy invents his own words. Coke'n what is that meant to be short for? Coke ing is that even a thing?? It's like walk'n song, I guess he uses the vanacular spelling of how he pronounces words, it's a little eccentric. Izzy should come with his own dictionary ?

Edited by Archtop

6 minutes ago, Archtop said:

Going for Coke'n again.

Have you noticed how Izzy invents his own words. Coke'n what is that meant to be short for? Coke ing is that even a thing?? It's like walk'n song, I guess he uses the vanacular spelling of how he pronounces words, it's a little eccentric. Izzy should come with his own dictionary ?

Ah, interesting. I thought that was some offcial midwestern dialect writing... :lol:

Edited by Tori72
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

Ah, interesting. I thought that was some offcial midwestern dialect writing... :lol:

Yeah exactly, is it just Izzyness or a midwestern thing?

We have Coke'n and Lot To Learn on the third place.

Remaining songs:

"Sweet Caress"
"Got Some News"

3. "Coke’n" 2
3. "Lot to Learn"   2
5. "You Betcha"   
6. "On Down the Road"    
7. "Monkeys"  
8. "Way to Go" 
9. "Gone Dead Train"   
9. "Please Go Home"    

The voting ends on the 4th of May, at 9:00 p.m. (UTC+2). 

___

Got Some News

We're done, that one was quick. 

1. Sweet Caress

2. Got Some News

3. Coke’n

3. Lot to Learn

5. You Betcha  

6. On Down the Road   

7. Monkeys

8. Way to Go

9. Gone Dead Train  

9. Please Go Home 

Next album is "Like A Dog"

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, int8 said:

Next album is "Like A Dog"

Thank you @int8 for collection this and for this awesome game :headbang: I'm looking forward to the next one even though it is going to be especially difficult for me.

Here's what it says under the yt video of the album

Like A Dog is the sixth studio album by former Guns N' Roses guitarist Izzy Stradlin, released independently in October 2005.

The tracks were recorded at Nomad Recording Studios, Carrollton, Texas in April and May 2003. The album was recorded, but was not released. As its existence lingered, a fan submitted a petition of over 1000 signatures to release the album. As a result, Izzy released the album on the now-defunct Scootersteez website. Later, the album was released on iTunes. Since then, Izzy continues to release his albums exclusively to iTunes

Well, thanks so much to that fan! And what a sweet move of Izzy to react to that petition. Was that you, @downliner? If so I wanna give my personal thanks to you. One of my favourite albums! :lol:

Edited by Tori72

R-4826645-1464975026-1073.jpeg.jpg

Tracklist:

Bomb

Hammerhead

Snafu

Hell Song

Rollin' On

Just Don't Know

Chop Away

Win U Lose

On The Run

Like A Dog

Hidden Bonus Track  (Like A Dog 5:18)

Choose your least favorite track. The voting ends on the 10th of May, at 9:00 p.m. (UTC+2). 

_______

Sorry for the delay, I just couldn't look at the computer screen after work 

Edited by int8

7 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

I don't have it :(

Its at the very end of Like a Dog on the iTunes version. Starts at 05:18

----

I have no clue what to vote for. Not only is this my favorite Izzy album but it's one of my favorite albums of any band. I don't think I can vote anything off. :no:

Edited by Kris_1989
  • Like 2

Thanks. @Kris_1989. I especially bought it for the occasion of this contest and hope Izzy spends those 18 cents of mine wisely. :lol:

(I was typing an explanation why I haven't bought all of his music yet but thought twice. I don't want my explanation on the internet. Just be sure of that I think Izzy's music is worth all the money and that I'm very very happy about Spotify.)

So, if we take in the Bonus Track I'd vote it off. Even though I love it. It's a mean, cool and badass but Izzy doesn't sing on it and I love his voice. :lol:

2 hours ago, downliner said:

Haha yeah that was me. Woke up one morning to an email claiming to be from Izzy saying that he would release the album and that he'd send me the CD. Didn't really believe it until the next morning when a Fedex guy knocked on my door asking me to sign for a parcel :headbang:

Awww, he's just too sweet! :wub: I can imagine your face. :D

2 hours ago, downliner said:

Haha yeah that was me. Woke up one morning to an email claiming to be from Izzy saying that he would release the album and that he'd send me the CD. Didn't really believe it until the next morning when a Fedex guy knocked on my door asking me to sign for a parcel :headbang:

2ytsc5i.jpg

I think Dog would have been released anyway, as Izzy was definitely way ahead of the curve as far as selling music online was concerned. He was using Tunecore by 2006, only 1 year after that Dog CD release, and he was the 2nd guest to appear on their podcast. Tunecore went on to become a multibillion dollar company serving hundreds of thousands of musicians and bands.

The Dog release was fun, but I think it would have done better if Izzy had gone for the PayPal method of payment instead of asking people to send a $20 bill in an envelope to his buddy, and if he'd had an official website to back it up instead of just me :lol: The internet was a lot different back then though and it was still new to a lot of us. There was no Facebook or Twitter etc, it was awesome :P

Anway, for the poll my vote goes for Win U Lose :)

This story is so awesome! Thanks for sharing it, Downliner and also for the foto. You must have an Izzy shrine by now, haven't you? You're previleged, man! Getting a CD from Izzy pre-release. Makes me fuzzy in the head even thinking about it :lol: 

Dog release sound so fun! Haha! That $20 bill in an envelope-move is not due to 2006 internet standards. I've been around then already, being adult, old and all. That is just such an Izzy-ish thing to me. Reminds me of his twitter behaviour. Quite adorable. :P