We need to accept that there will never be a new Guns N' Roses album.

Apologies to post something that a lot of people will view as being negative, but we need to accept something here. Since the Guns N' Roses 'reunion' a lot of people are hoping desperately that this will lead to a new album. Unfortunately this is clearly not the case. Duff and Slash reunited with Axl on a touring basis, with no indication of new material on the horizon. And let's face it, the touring is where the money is made these days, with GNR being very much a nostalgia act for people like myself that fell in love with the band during the 80's. To make a new album it would require all three to get together and work out new material (ala the old days). This is clearly not going to happen when the key members are essentially touring apart from each other and only meet on stage. There is no evidence that Axl would like to record a new album either or that Slash and Duff are required beyond being part of a live touring band to promote the GNR brand. I honestly thought for a while that when Slash and Axl sorted out there differences there would be some sort of public reunion, with a joint interview or plan. But sadly this has yet to happen and seems highly unlikely. Axl is now 55 years old and is in the twilight of his career and will ride out the concert demand for at least the next 5 years. Slash and Duff both have solo commitments that they will still be eager to pursue too. This situation will remain a constant for all parties concerned. Having said that, It's great to seem them together on stage, but we finally need to accept that's all it will be. Peace and love and enjoy the shows for as long as they last. :)

• Like 3

Same thread could've been written about Axl, Slash, and Duff sharing the same stage again just a couple years ago. If the tour ends and they all go their separate ways, then I'll believe you're right. Until then, it's not unreasonable to think there's a possibility of new music. Axl said so himself 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mrw80 said:

Same thread could've been written about Axl, Slash, and Duff sharing the same stage again just a couple years ago. If the tour ends and they all go their separate ways, then I'll believe you're right. Until then, it's not unreasonable to think there's a possibility of new music. Axl said so himself 

QFT