New Slash's signature guitars

My ol' faithful Epiphone AFD had the ugliest finish ever. The colour wasn't quite right and the burst pattern hardly resembled its Gibson counterpart. It played and sounded good though. I was just disappointed overall because usually I find Epiphone quality to be fairly consistent but this one just wasn't up to par, especially for the price. 

Until I sold most of my guitars I had a Gibson Les Paul Classic that I installed a set of the Slash pickups in. I got the pickups used for $110. That was a much more satisfying guitar (I'm an SG man so I dig the thinner neck on the Classic series).

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, James Bond said:

My ol' faithful Epiphone AFD had the ugliest finish ever. The colour wasn't quite right and the burst pattern hardly resembled its Gibson counterpart. It played and sounded good though. I was just disappointed overall because usually I find Epiphone quality to be fairly consistent but this one just wasn't up to par, especially for the price. 

Until I sold most of my guitars I had a Gibson Les Paul Classic that I installed a set of the Slash pickups in. I got the pickups used for $110. That was a much more satisfying guitar (I'm an SG man so I dig the thinner neck on the Classic series).

This is the bad side from Epi. Take 2 LP standard, same year, same color... They'll have a lot of difference between them. It's a lucky question: you can get an Epi that looks and sounds perfect, no glues around the neck, 1 or 2 piece body, 1 or 2 piece neck... Or a shit with strings and two pickups. 

But I love mine haha I got a custom humbucker (handmade) for almost $100, a Marshall DSL15C. Love my tone! 

I think slash is using DSL combos to play in backstage, saw it on meegan's videos.