New Slash's signature guitars

Gibson will be releasing 3 new signature guitars from Slash!!! 

-Les Paul 1958 VOS Aged

-Les Paul Custom Shop in an greenburst

- a White Firebird (Aged too)

I think this two aged guitars will be limited in 50 or 100 copies. Probably, only 50 signed.

Official updates from Gibson are awaited in next days!

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, OmarBradley said:

Signature guitars = $. No other reason for all of these. I'm a big Slash fan, but it's enough already with the signatures. The guy has like 2-3 notable Gibsons, but somehow has 5-6+ signature models with them.

You could buy a Standard Les Paul put the alnico 2 Pick ups in it and be done.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, gnfnrs1972 said:

Has anyone here bought one of the cheap chinese made Slash guitars. If so, how good or bad are they?

The Epi versions still arent cheap. Theyre still like 700-1000 new. Theyre solid. I like Epiphone. Unlike a lot of Made in China brands, they opened their own factory instead of using another one like Sammick, Cort, etc. The quality is pretty good and they sound great. 

Of previous Epi Slash models I have played the AfD, Rosso Corso, and Gold Top. They were all cool. You could easily get a better guitar in that price range, but if you like the finish and novelty of a Slash signature guitar they are just fine.

10 minutes ago, gnfnrs1972 said:

Has anyone here bought one of the cheap chinese made Slash guitars. If so, how good or bad are they?

The Epiphone Slash models are great. I've played both the Gibson and Epiphone rosso Corsa models and they're both very good. Basically the only difference is the headstock shape.

I thought I wanted to buy the Rosso Corso Epi, until I went to the shop and looked it over. That particular one was junk. One of the tone knobs was cross threaded and crooked, and there was what looked like glue gobbed over the edge of the fretboard. I was very disappointed. The guy was like "we can order you a different one"... nah thanks. I like my other Epi LP Standard though... I'd take another look at another Slash Epi to see if it was built any better though.

I know that a lot of Slashes most cherished Les Pauls were clones made by a LA luthier.  And that Gibson allows them to use a Gibson neck (and therefore headstock).   I know Slash has used some official Gibson-made Les Pauls such as the Joe Perry tobacco burst.  How many Gibson-made Les Pauls does he use live and in studio?

Edited by soon
spelling

5 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

The Epi versions still arent cheap. Theyre still like 700-1000 new. Theyre solid. I like Epiphone. Unlike a lot of Made in China brands, they opened their own factory instead of using another one like Sammick, Cort, etc. The quality is pretty good and they sound great. 

Of previous Epi Slash models I have played the AfD, Rosso Corso, and Gold Top. They were all cool. You could easily get a better guitar in that price range, but if you like the finish and novelty of a Slash signature guitar they are just fine.

5 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

The Epiphone Slash models are great. I've played both the Gibson and Epiphone rosso Corsa models and they're both very good. Basically the only difference is the headstock shape.

Thanks for the info guys. I was wondering because like 2 or 3 years ago I saw 2 used Slash guitars at Guitar Center for $199 each. I saw that they were made in China so I didn't buy one. I can't play anyway but have always wanted to learn.

57 minutes ago, gnfnrs1972 said:

Thanks for the info guys. I was wondering because like 2 or 3 years ago I saw 2 used Slash guitars at Guitar Center for $199 each. I saw that they were made in China so I didn't buy one. I can't play anyway but have always wanted to learn.

You probably saw the AFD Les Paul Special. Thats a beginner guitar

2 hours ago, soon said:

I know that a lot of Slashes most cherished Les Pauls were clones made by a LA luthier.  And that Gibson allows them to use a Gibson neck (and therefore headstock).   I know Slash has used some official Gibson-made Les Pauls such as the Joe Perry tobacco burst.  How many Gibson-made Les Pauls does he use live and in studio?

Nowadays he uses all Gibsons live (except for the BC Riches). He also used a bunch in the 90s and 2000s.

He just uses the Derrig in the studio now

• Like 1

9 hours ago, OmarBradley said:

Signature guitars = $. No other reason for all of these. I'm a big Slash fan, but it's enough already with the signatures. The guy has like 2-3 notable Gibsons, but somehow has 5-6+ signature models with them.

Yep! But I love some different guitars. Did you guys knows Jimmy Page's signature? Well, u'll never see an standard LP with the same specs. All the wiring, the neck. I don't no about this 1958, but I think they will come with Custom humbuckers ( I REALLY hope so). Pay $6K for an Gibson LP with SD alnico pickup it's a shit. I love how they sounds, but for 6k? Sorry. 

This aged guitars it's just for collection, I think. For me, it's the only function hahaha I'll never play live with them!!

I played a Gib Rosso Corsa.  Well, it looks amazing, sounds amazing, feels amazing. I love slash's signatures, someday I'll buy them. Maybe this 1958 too.  Someday. Or one day, in my lifetime.  Oh, I saw Dave Murray playing one of these in Iron Maiden's concert!

I have a Epi custom shop royale and love it. Just changed the pickups, then booomm... So fckng good!! But I miss Gibson's neck. Feels totally different!

9 hours ago, soon said:

Every Les Paul he uses live is a Gibson. He has two notable LP's that are not Gibsons. The Hunterburst (don't believe it is still in his possession) and the Derrig which are both played live at the Ritz in 1988. Apparently Slash still uses the Derrig to record most songs, at least he did with VR and SMKC

• Like 2

I really wish I would have seen thiswhile he was still in town. I was down town Nashville hanging out Saturday night. I would have tried to get a pic or something.I saw Meegan was posting downtown at a coffee shop yesterday morning. Damn it lol

14 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

Nowadays he uses all Gibsons live (except for the BC Riches). He also used a bunch in the 90s and 2000s.

He just uses the Derrig in the studio now

7 hours ago, Jadeder said:

Every Les Paul he uses live is a Gibson. He has two notable LP's that are not Gibsons. The Hunterburst (don't believe it is still in his possession) and the Derrig which are both played live at the Ritz in 1988. Apparently Slash still uses the Derrig to record most songs, at least he did with VR and SMKC

Thanks!  I dont know why I thought he had more.  Makes sense to not expose em to the road.  Is there a story to why he no longer owns the Hunterburst?  Seems like something to not part with?