Rare Slash Interview from 2000 (Dutch Radio Station)

7 hours ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

All I can think is it must be a rare thing to find a singer that ticks all the musical and performance boxes plus gels with everyone in the right way.  Even though I think Rod Jackson was one of the best vocalists Slash worked with (besides Chris Cornell and Andrew Stockdale), I always got the impression from watching the live performances that they never had much personal chemistry.  So maybe it was a case of when he parted ways with his singers, everyone just knew that was the end of it.

I think Scott was a sensational vocalist, but obviously a lot of trouble to work with.

Thanks Sid, for posting that!  Really interesting.  Slash sounded annoyed the entire time with the technology glitches. :lol:

You're welcome! Slashs sounds sick too. This sounds like it was around the time of his health scare with his heart. Slash said in his book that rod Jackson was a junkie and Eric Dover was okay and that him and Matt sorum couldn't agree on who should front first incarnation of snake pit and Matt wasn't a fan of Dover 

19 minutes ago, thunderram said:

Color me surprised that you didn't know about this track, Tom. I know you're a big fan of most of SLASH's previous work as am I. Like a lot of CD's back then, the Japanese version contained a few bonus tracks. I worked in a music store til '99 and used to collect stuff like this. The import also contained "Rusted Heroes" and a couple others. There's some info about it here: http://www.slashparadise.com/discography/albums-slash-snakepit-2000-aint-life-grand.php

Thanks for the info.. You know I may have heard it back in the day but it was so long ago now that maybe I forgot about it.  I do remember hearing about the song Rusted Heroes but I just have the standard version of the CD. Thanks for the info and link.