Robin Finck Ernie Ball Interview (Not GnR Related but cool regardless)

T-Minus

58 minutes ago, Bumble's Bridge Pickup said:

Very cool! Does this mean Robin is getting some songwriting credits? I havent followed too closely for a while now, but always wondered what it felt like for Finck to have been there all this time and then Ross and Alejandro(?) show up as co writers.

32 minutes ago, soon said:

Very cool! Does this mean Robin is getting some songwriting credits? I havent followed too closely for a while now, but always wondered what it felt like for Finck to have been there all this time and then Ross and Alejandro(?) show up as co writers.

I always thought that GN'R was better for Robin than NIN. His This I Love solo is better than anything he did with NIN. 

10 hours ago, soon said:

Nah, only Trent and Atticus are on the album. Robin is not involved there, Trent actually sings those parts of that song on the album

The link seems to be down but here's another

In case that link is taken down, search for "NIN Mad Cool Festival Madrid"

Edited by Bumble's Bridge Pickup
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Sosso said:

I always thought that GN'R was better for Robin than NIN. His This I Love solo is better than anything he did with NIN. 

I like him in both settings, but he's maybe put to better use in GNR. Where his creativity can be showcased even more. Yeah, This I Love solo is definitely a highlight from him so far!

5 hours ago, Bumble's Bridge Pickup said:

Nah, only Trent and Atticus are on the album. Robin is not involved there, Trent actually sings those parts of that song on the album

The link seems to be down but here's another

In case that link is taken down, search for "NIN Mad Cool Festival Madrid"

Man! Robin is like a caged beast. I guess Trent and Atticus have something really special, but to sideline Robin is strange to me.

Link is still up, thanks! Awesome to hear him sing here though - sounds incredible :headbang:

9 minutes ago, soon said:

I like him in both settings, but he's maybe put to better use in GNR. Where his creativity can be showcased even more. Yeah, This I Love solo is definitely a highlight from him so far!

Don't get me wrong, I love the early NIN albums (PHM, TDS, TF, AATCHB). I just think that it was a mistake from Robin to leave GN'R in favour of NIN. 

Edited by Sosso

Just now, Sosso said:

Don't get me wrong, I love the early NIN. albums (PHT, TDS, TF, ALTCHB). I just think that it was a mistake from Robin to leave GN'R in favour of NIN. 

Im on board with the idea it was a mistake for him to leave Guns. I dont think Id last in Guns either though - at least not in the passed, pre-reformed Axl days.

5 minutes ago, soon said:

Im on board with the idea it was a mistake for him to leave Guns. I dont think Id last in Guns either though - at least not in the passed, pre-reformed Axl days.

They had a lot of trouble with the record label and not necessarily with Axl. 

I think that following factors has led to the "touring act" from 2011 onwards:

- The exit of Robin and Bucket 

- The rejection of CD II and the remix album 

- Rock in Rio IV (2011) 

Edited by Sosso
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sosso said:

They had a lot of trouble with the record label and not necessarily with Axl. 

I think that following factors has led to the "touring act" from 2011 onwards:

- The exit of Robin and Bucket 

- The rejection of CD II and the remix album 

- Rock in Rio IV (2011) 

Those are all good points. And I think thats a lot of what the label issues were. As far as Axl himself goes, based on Chinese Whispers accounts of Axls week long no shows, but making the band work at night time just because. Or Robins own venting about working on riff #38 B with no vocals forever. Or Matt being fired right after Robin arrived. Those are the kinda things that I dont think I could deal with.