Matt Sorum interview from 1998

djura11

Matt talks about being wealthy here. Seems like Matt has always been open about his desire for wealth. His video interview alongside Duff at his first RIR(?) or show(?) comes to mind, where he's calculating the ticket price multiplied by the amount of people. And in another interview from post 94 he talks about customizing his mansion and tricking it out.

Good for him, I just note it since I cant recall any other member talking so openly about the money. With the general Guns ethos being more summed up by Slash's pre reunion assurance that a regrouping woukdnt be about the money - its about the art, man.

Like I say, if he wants paper, get the paper. But it is nice to see him pursuing a new band Deadland Ritual that creates original music and plays smaller venues, also.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, soon said:

Matt talks about being wealthy here. Seems like Matt has always been open about his desire for wealth. His video interview alongside Duff at his first RIR(?) or show(?) comes to mind, where he's calculating the ticket price multiplied by the amount of people. And in another interview from post 94 he talks about customizing his mansion and tricking it out.

Good for him, I just note it since I cant recall any other member talking so openly about the money. With the general Guns ethos being more summed up by Slash's pre reunion assurance that a regrouping woukdnt be about the money - its about the art, man.

Like I say, if he wants paper, get the paper. But it is nice to see him pursuing a new band Deadland Ritual that creates original music and plays smaller venues, also.

I think hes alot different now. J get the vibe on his insta photos that playing music and his marriage seem to be what he enjoys the most. I remember seeing an inst photo with his wife and driving an old 60s mustang. Maybe hes getting into the simplistic ways of life, who knows what his headspace is. He drummed for my 2 favourite bands, gnr and the cult and deserves whatever mula comes his way.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...