Gears of War 5 and Blair Witch are free for Xbox PC beta users.

DeadSlash

Blair Witch was really hyped in a few sites but seems boring af to me.  It's like that old Slenderman game where you walk in the woods, but with better visuals, and a pet dog.

Gears of War 5 is basically another Gears of War, nothing too impressive.  One hilarious LOL bug, it WORKS FINE and runs like butter, but I get a message that my 1080ti is "An older, unsupported GPU" and they recommend an upgrade every time I launch it... which again, lol.  I think it was triggered by the game supporting RTX whilst the 10 series does not.

Anyway, FYI for any other gaming nuts out there.

16 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

I'm enjoying Gears 5 apart from the server issues. I got the $2 2month Game Pass Ultimate deal. I'm on PC so how is Game Pass PC any different?

P.S. I haven't received any notification like that regarding my 1080ti but I did notice I only averaged something like 85fps in the benchmark(1440p everything maxed out) and I like to use vsync at 75fps. Will probably get a 3080ti when that's out, it fucking better not be priced like the 20 series.

I didn't get that error today, so maybe it's fixed.  I think the only difference is that it includes my XBL sub, and a few games (maybe)

The snow effects in this game are pretty amazing.  The little puff of snow when you walk in it is really pixilated and weak, but the physics are amazing, the tracks, the way the snow cracks slightly radiating out from where you stepped.  I'm stupid impressed by it for it being such a small thing.

I enjoyed the very first Gears for the Xbox 360 but never bothered playing the follow ups.  I tried the one after Gears 3 and found it incredibly boring and derivative.  Microsoft was giving away Gears 4 last month as part of Games with Gold and I played a bit of it.  Seems alright.  Not sure if I'll ever get to this one.  Seems to be getting pretty decent reviews though.

6 hours ago, downzy said:

I enjoyed the very first Gears for the Xbox 360 but never bothered playing the follow ups.  I tried the one after Gears 3 and found it incredibly boring and derivative.  Microsoft was giving away Gears 4 last month as part of Games with Gold and I played a bit of it.  Seems alright.  Not sure if I'll ever get to this one.  Seems to be getting pretty decent reviews though.

GOW5 is free for some levels of Gold (really confused by it to be honest)  I didn't buy it.  It's worth a play, and better than 4 imo.