Axl & Dr. Dre

4 hours ago, Karice said:

It REALLY should have come out in like 1998 at the MOST. It's such a shame that when Chinese Democracy was released, EVERYBODY from the Original Guns N'Roses had fled Guns N'Roses and only Axl was the only original Member left.I listened to Chinese Democracy and I immediately thought,"This sounds like an Axl Rose album with random Musicians." Chinese Democracy would have most likely gotten a much better reception if Axl had released it under Axl Rose and not Guns N'Roses.

Because that's exactly what it is. It'd have been no different had SLASH released the Snakepit albums using the GN'R brand name (had he wrestled the rights to the name away instead of AXL). Or if DUFF or IZZY had the rights to the GN'R name and released "Believe in Me" or the Ju Ju Hounds album using it.

Had AXL done what you suggest, CD most certainly would have been judged much differently. Hell, pretty much every well-known musician in the industry shook their head in derision once they discovered that AXL was using the GN'R brand name after proper GN'R dissolved and to eventually release the CD album.

Everyone knew that was a bait and switch tactic (and utter joke) except AXL.

All of the CD era band members not named "AXL" are no more legit GN'R members than Gary Cherone was part of Van Halen.

Edited by thunderram