Chrissie Hynde on touring with GN'R

3 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Coming out of the COVID pandemic, Hynde said she resolved to do more of what she wants to do as an artist — at the time, that meant a return to intimate venues with the Pretenders.

So while an offer to tour stadiums with Guns N' Roses wasn't an automatic yes, Hynde accepted when she realized that the GNR tour would supplement the sometimes challenging finances of a run.

But the GNR tour worked on multiple levels, and Hynde had the time of her life hanging with America's Most Dangerous Band.

"I went out with Guns N' Roses and after the first day, I just fell in love with them," she recalled. "I mean, they're just fantastic — the crew, the band, everyone's really cool. ... And they're so lovely in the band, they play great... I've sat at the side of the stage watching them, and I've seen grown men in tears. They love them."

https://q1043.iheart.com/featured/jonathan-jc-clarke/content/2023-09-13-chrissie-hynde-say-she-fell-in-love-with-guns-n-roses-on-tour/

She also said (in the audio interview) that Axl is so much loved by the crowds that he could run for president :lol:

She onto something here VOTE AXL 2024 make America rock again! 

Just now, mikeman5150 said:

She onto something here VOTE AXL 2024 make America rock again! 

I’ve been voting for Axl as a write in for years lol

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Coming out of the COVID pandemic, Hynde said she resolved to do more of what she wants to do as an artist — at the time, that meant a return to intimate venues with the Pretenders.

So while an offer to tour stadiums with Guns N' Roses wasn't an automatic yes, Hynde accepted when she realized that the GNR tour would supplement the sometimes challenging finances of a run.

But the GNR tour worked on multiple levels, and Hynde had the time of her life hanging with America's Most Dangerous Band.

"I went out with Guns N' Roses and after the first day, I just fell in love with them," she recalled. "I mean, they're just fantastic — the crew, the band, everyone's really cool. ... And they're so lovely in the band, they play great... I've sat at the side of the stage watching them, and I've seen grown men in tears. They love them."

https://q1043.iheart.com/featured/jonathan-jc-clarke/content/2023-09-13-chrissie-hynde-say-she-fell-in-love-with-guns-n-roses-on-tour/

She also said (in the audio interview) that Axl is so much loved by the crowds that he could run for president :lol:

Go for it Ax....could be a far better 3rd.option than what is...Jailbird or senile dementia ....what a choice America...

• Like 3