Will Guns Ever Release A New Epic (7+ Minute Song)

54 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

It’s all about their schedule too. This year off could be exactly the moment for Axl to properly write his parts and record at least initial voices tracks. 

The problem, as always, is to release it. 

Slash told us end of touring, recording time....yes that was a while back but I'm gonna hope since he's been very cautious with his words in general re:Guns in the last 7 years...that it holds some weight.

• Like 1

On 12/13/2023 at 6:55 AM, DSTK said:

No , they won't...7 mins is an age

TWAT Is close(ish) to 7....There is likely (in some form) to be something unreleased that is longer...I could see final Atlas (not what we've heard) that almost made the CD being around 6-7...as it was dropped for space reasons (according to Bumble) and there was like 7 minutes free on the disc, so...

15 hours ago, colonizedmind said:

TWAT Is close(ish) to 7....There is likely (in some form) to be something unreleased that is longer...I could see final Atlas (not what we've heard) that almost made the CD being around 6-7...as it was dropped for space reasons (according to Bumble) and there was like 7 minutes free on the disc, so...

Atlas demo is 4.14...it isn't suddenly going to be 3 mins longer, remember twat is 20+ years old, different era now...they aren't going to bang put a huge 7 min song, probably because they won't release anything bar Chinese leftovers 

9 hours ago, DSTK said:

Atlas demo is 4.14...it isn't suddenly going to be 3 mins longer, remember twat is 20+ years old, different era now...they aren't going to bang put a huge 7 min song, probably because they won't release anything bar Chinese leftovers 

Demo from 2000ish...finished song in 2008 could be quite different....Chinese (the song) was once like just over 3 minutes in the early days remember....you probably are right but a lot can change in 8 years....

Edited by colonizedmind

On 12/12/2023 at 2:45 AM, Zeppelin said:

Not a new one, no.

I'm sure Axl will release the unedited 8-minute version of Rock the Rock next year, though.

Off topic, but Rock The Rock is actually a decent song and if thats what studio vox from Axl sounds like nowadays I'm impressed and would be interested to hear more

If they ever finished Me & My Elvis, that would be a contender. It would be slightly longer too, assuming someone recorded a guitar solo for that song.

If you listen carefully, towards the end of the song, you can hear Axl carrying a lower scream. Something like: "AhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhAhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhOhhhhhhhAaaaaa!"

• Like 1