Bon Jovi

Dado

No matter what people think of them, they did work their asses off for years, i heard some of their tours were over 250 shows long, thats a fckin big tour, and they do have a great stage show, so that's probably why they hauled ass in the sales department. they've sold nearly twice as many records as Guns apparently.

Their songs are catchy and Jon Bon Jovi's voice is easy to like so it's no surprise they are popular. I'm not into their music myself but sometimes when you're in a bar Bon Jovi songs gives you the party feeling you want. Though once my friend was thrown out of this bar because he played It's My Life for 20 times from the jugebox. :unsure:

OK..I'll have to admit it <_< ..Bon jovi have some good ones

For instance: Livin' On a Prayer, Born to be my Baby, You give love a Bad name and Bad medicine.

I like those.

But, I really hate their pussy ballads. they're boring :sleeper:

Guns N' Roses are 10 times bigger than Bon Jovi...that's a fact B)

And finally they sold more copies than GnR just because they RELEASED more albums than GnR did :monkey:

Check this out

See the facts

Edited by Gunner Boy

Well, In my opinion Jon Bon Jovi released one of the best movie soundtracks (with all the songs written and arranged by one artist) in the last 20 years. That is the Young Guns II soundtrack (Blaze of Glory):

Blaze Of Glory Amazon Page

While Bon Jovi has some songs that I do not feel satisfaction for, they have made some musically astonishing songs as well. What they did with Wanted Dead Or Alive in the 'This Left Feels Right" album was genious. They blended Zeppelin's Kashmir with 'Dead Or Alive' and made an ultimate song full of mysterious anger and deep emotional power. For someone to say Jon Bon Jovi has a horrible voice is almost laughable if you listen to the man sing. Just listen to Blaze Of Glory. Jon sounds amazing in that track. Blaze of Glory (the soundtrack for Young Guns II) and This Left Feels Right proved Bon Jovi can have a diversity of styles. For example, they completely changed You Give Love a Bad Name from an 80s rocker to a blues based Slash-ish song. They turned It's My Life into a November Rain type of song, and it truly sounds like Jon is speaking right to you emotionally through his words and melodies. Everyday and Keep the Faith are great under-estimated tracks (in my opinion). What Bon Jovi did that not many 80s bands did was that they evolved while still keeping the Bon Jovi cliche sound to their music (which can vary). Now I know, sometimes they maybe sing too many songs about love, but hey, who is to judge how many songs you can sing about love.

I definately feel the talent for this band.

Edited by IndiannaRose

Well, In my opinion Jon Bon Jovi released one of the best movie soundtracks (with all the songs written and arranged by one artist) in the last 20 years. That is the Young Guns II soundtrack (Blaze of Glory):

Blaze Of Glory Amazon Page

While Bon Jovi has some songs that I do not feel satisfaction for, they have made some musically astonishing songs as well. What they did with Wanted Dead Or Alive in the 'This Left Feels Right" album was genious. They blended Zeppelin's Kashmir with 'Dead Or Alive' and made an ultimate song full of mysterious anger and deep emotional power. For someone to say Jon Bon Jovi has a horrible voice is almost laughable if you listen to the man sing. Just listen to Blaze Of Glory. Jon sounds amazing in that track. Blaze of Glory (the soundtrack for Young Guns II) and This Left Feels Right proved Bon Jovi can have a diversity of styles. For example, they completely changed You Give Love a Bad Name from an 80s rocker to a blues based Slash-ish song. They turned It's My Life into a November Rain type of song, and it truly sounds like Jon is speaking right tohrough you emotionally through his words and melodies. Everyday and Keep the Faith are great under-estimated tracks (in my opinion). What Bon Jovi did that not many 80s bands did was that they evolved while still keeping the Bon Jovi cliche sound to their music (which can vary). Now I know, sometimes they maybe sing too many songs about love, but hey, who is to judge how many songs you can sing about love.

I definately feel the talent for this band.

Indy hit it right on the head...way to go babe! :kiss:

I think he won an Oscar for that song, right?

as for the topic, BJ is popular because they have songs that appeal to everybody, there are talented musicians in the band and they put on great live shows