Bon Jovi owns Guns

chrissen

I'm just watching a charts show where they have a countdown of the 50 most successful bands in the german single charts (they count all the bands singles together) and Bon Jovi just came up at No.42

They added some more information and said that they sold more than 100 million albums in the US alone :o

So I'm guessing that is at least another 50 million worldwide. Pretty impressive numbers!! :blink:

Release something Axl, close the gap!!!!!!!!!!!

bon jovi released 8 records so thats normal but they will never have the status that gnr would of had if they lasted

Gnr has a few themselves

afd

lies

uyi 1

uyi 2

SI

live era

Ghs

Live like a suicide if you count it..

Bon jovi died out bit in the early 90's then released the greatest hitscrossroads which jump started their careers again

I'm just watching a charts show where they have a countdown of the 50 most successful bands in the german single charts (they count all the bands singles together) and Bon Jovi just came up at No.42

They added some more information and said that they sold more than 100 million albums in the US alone :o

So I'm guessing that is at least another 50 million worldwide. Pretty impressive numbers!! :blink:

Bon Jovi are classed as the second biggest band in the World aren't they? (behind U2) but that's quite a lot of albums :shocked: Guns will catch up when cd sells 50 million in one year :lol:

So what were the album sales per record? ;)

They added some more information and said that they sold more than 100 million albums in the US alone  :o

Bon Jovi are classed as the second biggest band in the World aren't they? (behind U2) but that's quite a lot of albums :shocked: Guns will catch up when cd sells 50 million in one year :lol:

The Beatles and Elvis have sold over a billion records. Bon Jovi has sold 100 million records worldwide, while Guns N' Roses have sold about 87 million records worldwide, but Bon Jovi has almost released triple the amount of records that GN'R has. So if you take that into consideration, GN'R was more popular. They sold more copies per album. ;)

They added some more information and said that they sold more than 100 million albums in the US alone  :o

The Beatles and Elvis have sold over a billion records. Bon Jovi has sold 100 million records worldwide, while Guns N' Roses have sold about 87 million records worldwide, but Bon Jovi has almost released triple the amount of records that GN'R has. So if you take that into consideration, GN'R was more popular. They sold more copies per album. ;)

I don't think anyone has sold over a billion records :o:book:

The Beatles and Elvis. (worldwide) Besides this is not what I think, it's the facts.

The Beatles and Elvis. (worldwide) Besides this is not what I think, it's the facts.

Must post source. It seems out of wack that anyone has sold that many albums. I'm not doubtig ya Indy(well...) but it seems to be way too many albums.

They added some more information and said that they sold more than 100 million albums in the US alone  

Yeah, I just looked and it seems you're right. I wouldn't have thought that many :shocked: No artist will ever sell that many again.

This is complete bullshit, Bon Jovi have not sold 100 million albums in america, they've sold 33.5 million there whereas GNR have sold 35.5 million. Check http://www.riaa.com/gp/bestsellers/topartists.asp for proof.

wholly crap i never realized garth brooks has sold that many records :o

Garth brook owned in the 90's, his popularity was second to none

Bon jovi has released 9 studio albums 1 greatest hits and 1 live album. Thats not triple not even double.

This is complete bullshit, Bon Jovi have not sold 100 million albums in america, they've sold 33.5 million there whereas GNR have sold 35.5 million. Check http://www.riaa.com/gp/bestsellers/topartists.asp for proof.

OK, I see, then those guys on the TV show I watched messed up something, cause it clearly said "in america only". So Guns has sold 35.5 million in the US

I always thought they sold 17 million of AFD?? (the 15 million they mention must be an old number, cause I've heard that number in the early 90s)

What does that leave for the others?? 7 million apiece for the Illusions

That would mean 4.5 million left for Lies, Live ERA, SI and Greatest Hits??

I think those numbers are not updated and Guns have already sold more than thos 35.5

OK, I see, then those guys on the TV show I watched messed up something, cause it clearly said "in america only". So Guns has sold 35.5 million in the US

I always thought they sold 17 million of AFD?? (the 15 million they mention must be an old number, cause I've heard that number in the early 90s)

I think those numbers are not updated and Guns have already sold more than thos 35.5

Those numbers are ancient, afd had sold 9 million when the band was still one... It seemed by 91 afd was at 15 million..I think the numbers stop at 15 but continue another way..Even today afd would get 15 million in sales..Don't know how long the period last...Lies had sold 2 million, who knows how they add to that... Both illusions I saw in a mag sold 7 million each, but I''m sure that was over a year or two...

No doubt they've sold 50 million total in the states

Bon jovi has released 9 studio albums 1 greatest hits and 1 live album. Thats not triple not even double.

That's 2 Greatest Hits albums (This Left feels Right). Alright so Bon Jovi has released 11 albums, and GN'R 7. 4 more albums released is still a major factor. Just think how many more albums GN'R would have sold if they had released 4 more albums. (GN'R has released 3 studio albums, 1 EP, 1 Live album, 1 cover album, and 1 Greatest Hits collection)

Those numbers are ancient, afd had sold 9 million when the band was still one... It seemed by 91 afd was at 15 million..I think the numbers stop at 15 but continue another way..Even today afd would get 15 million in sales..Don't know how long the period last...Lies had sold 2 million, who knows how they add to that... Both illusions I saw in a mag sold 7 million each, but I''m sure that was over a year or two...

No doubt they've sold 50 million total in the states

(these are all figures concerning the United States)

-Appetite For Destruction had already sold 15 million copies by 1991. (9 million by 1989)

-GN'R Lies had sold over 5 million copies by 1995.

-Both Illusion albums sold over 4 million copies each by 1993. They reached the 7 million mark in 1998. (7 million copies sold for each Illusion)

*Also do not forget to add the sales of "The Spaghetti Incident?!" (almost 2 million by now), Live Era '87-'93, and the Greatest Hits album (1.2 million to date)

Mike you're probably right. If AFD had sold 15 million copies by 1991 (it was certified 15x platinum in 1999 though :huh: -Geffen bastards) and you calculate the figure of 7,000 copies of Appetite sold each week for 13 years then you reach 4,732,000. If you add that to 15 million you almost get 20 million. If you add another million copies to each other major release and add up the other minor releases then you will get a number close to 50 million. Not bad for a band that only 'lived' for 6 years. ;)

(also yes, gernm, we know that whole deal about sales, you don't have to tell us, we already know, but we're number whores so leave it at that! :D )

Edited by IndiannaRose