Why won't Led Zeppelin tour?

DirtyDeeds

I know they might be a little old and past their prime, but i'd still kill to see them.

I know they had agreed not to tour as Led Zeppelin after Bonham died, but I mean, they already broke the promise a couple times (for example Live Aid, with Phil Collins on drums), so why not just do a full fledged tour so everyone who never got to see them can now see them? Either with Phil Collins on drums or Jason Bonham or something, it wouldn't matter to me. I just really want to see them before I die.

Plant kicks ass live solo, he doesn't need Zepplin really. Page also. Zepplin would be cool, yes, but why bother? They're all doing fine as they are.

Man you're a cookie :monkey:

Because it'd be amazing to see them together of course!

....besides I think they were better in Zeppelin anyway

Edited by Lindy

Plant kicks ass live solo, he doesn't need Zepplin really. Page also. Zepplin would be cool, yes, but why bother? They're all doing fine as they are.

I'm not saying taht I'd rather see them solo than together. I'm just saying that they do fine on their own, and taht they're nice enough people to not break a promise made in memory of a close friend just for the money.

I'm not saying taht I'd rather see them solo than together. I'm just saying that they do fine on their own, and taht they're nice enough people to not break a promise made in memory of a close friend just for the money.

If they broke it, I don't think it'd be because of the money because they all have plenty of them.

I think it'd be because they'd like to be on a stage playing together again.

If they broke it, I don't think it'd be because of the money because they all have plenty of them.

Case and point: Jimmy Page and Robert Plant Unledded. If they wanted to tour, they wouldn't do it as Led Zeppelin. They'd do it as Page, Plant, and Jones or something like that.

Case and point: Jimmy Page and Robert Plant Unledded. If they wanted to tour, they wouldn't do it as Led Zeppelin. They'd do it as Page, Plant, and Jones or something like that.

oh I didn't read his post good enough then..

I mean I couldn't care less about what their name would be, because it'd still be the people I wanted to see

Of course everyone would want to see led zep get back and tour but it probably isn't going to happen. It's all about desire and those guys have been there done that and been on top of the World decades ago now, plus it wouldn't be the band it used to be in it’s heyday and obviously John Bonham wouldn't be there. Seeing Zep tour would be the best thing ever but I doubt it'll happen. They maybe broke their promise a couple of times about not touring after Bonham's death but that wasn't a whole tour..

they've all grown and evolved as musicians since the breakup.

And I don't know if they're necessarily compatible as a band anymore...

Apparently after Live Aid, they started rehearsing with Tony Tompson on drums.

(who? the black drummer from Live Aid that actually knew the songs, not Phil Collins who looked clueless the whole time he was on stage with them)

But they stopped after Plant got fed up with the whole thing and Page in particular, same thing happened with the Page & Plant project, Plant just up and quit after the tour in 98. why? because he'd rather do his own thing than play with Page on a regular basis.

Like I said, I don't think they're compatible anymore. PLUS, after watching the DVD from last year, I'm sure they all realize they can't get up to that level of chemistry together again... :(

I'd still sell my entire guitar collection just to see them live again.

BUT having said that, everytime they do a Zeppelin one-off like Live Aid 85, or Atlantic 40th anniversary 88, or R&R Hall of fame 95, they have just looked lackluster bordering on awful...

yeah they're really nice of them to not sell out and break a promise of a friend. i thnk also they are not wanting to break a promise and a pretty big part of it is that,aren't the surviving members of zeppelin really old now? with all due respect do u think they could handle it all again?