Bryan Adams

Spoon87

what do you think of Bryan Adams?

i think he is great, hos sings are always either very good for having a party or awesome ballads...i like him a alot, although a lot of people say he's cheesy.

my 2 favourites among many great songs are:

Summer of 69

Heaven

so,what do you think of him?

One of the best voices in rock history and he knows how to write catchy music that flows nicely. Although his music has become less memorable during the late 90s and early 2000s and it's too bad that he has moved away from his rock roots and is more a cheesy pop artist now.

I recommend his 1987 album Into The Fire. It was not as commercially successful as his other big albums, slipped under the radar, but it's grittier and focuses on various social issues that his other albums don't really touch. Only ten songs, but they are all good and 8 out of the ten are great IMO. If you like melodic rock while waiting for Chinese Democracy and don't like most of what's out there, you might dig this record...and you can probably pick it up for $5-10. His last great album. Actually, every album up to this one is worth picking up...but Into The Fire is definitely the best.

I recommend his 1987 album Into The Fire. It was not as commercially successful as his other big albums, slipped under the radar, but it's grittier and focuses on various social issues that his other albums don't really touch. Only ten songs, but they are all good and 8 out of the ten are great IMO. If you like melodic rock while waiting for Chinese Democracy and don't like most of what's out there, you might dig this record...and you can probably pick it up for $5-10. His last great album. Actually, every album up to this one is worth picking up...but Into The Fire is definitely the best.

hey thanks!

i was thinking about getting some albums from him, but i wasn't sure which one..now i havea clue ;) thank you.

A few good songs, but mostly too poppy for me.  Mellencamp is an artist in the same vein who is waaayy better.

Try all albums pre-Waking Up The Neighbours. They were less pop oriented (especially Into The Fire - great album). I agree, it was downhill from there, although he's still good for a couple of good songs per album.

Edited by KBear

• 1 year later...

I love him! His best album by far is "reckless" from 1984. Kinda "his" AFD...It has all of his greatest hits; summer of '69,run to you,heaven,kids wanna rock(really catchy song btw..)But his third album "cuts like a knife"from '83 is also really great ..(his breakthrough album..)

People often combine bryan adams with ballads,but that is soo not right..he started out like a rocker,but unfortunatley he got more commercial and poppy after waking up the neighbours...