Greenday: what do you think

saulh

Greenday: love 'em or hate 'em?  

68 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I first saw boulevard of broken dreams on a list on tv I thought that green day had made a cover of the LA Guns song with the same name, I got dissapointed when I heard the song and discovered that it was not.

Yeh, i was gutted too. Like, that wouldve been so much better! :P

they suck enormus balls, like the size of gods, posers, how dare they say they are ,more punk then the pistols, there just little poser bastards, i want to kill them along with ms spears

When in the holy hell did they say that?! :o

Think you might have read a misquote :unsure:

Its nice to see that all the metalheads are lovin GD'S 'candy ass punk', like, how dare they use melody?! :P It only makes me like em more ;)

Worst Band in The History of Music.

They Suck So Hard.

Yeh man, they can't hold a candle to Motley Crue's 80's hairspray excess and sheer rock n roll decadence! now there's a band with substance!

Green day are kinda like the Chelsea fc of this forum at the moment, everyone's slaggin em down but they know they're the best! ;)

All those idiots here are like "now that they are everywhere, I hate them". Give me a fuckin brake!!

So when CD comes out and Axl is fuckin everywhere, you start hating Guns n Roses? Just because it's "mainstream"? Just because the nerd next door also dares listening to Guns?

Grow up guys, "mainstream" is not necessarily bad music.

I listen to the stuff that I enjoy. The stuff that has a good melody or something else that catches my attention. But I don't care if I'm the only one listening to it or if everybody listens to it. If I like a small band and they become mainstream and sell millions of records, so what? I'll still like them!

You people are the same that say "oh my god, Ashley Simpson wears a GNR shirt"!! :o So fuckin what? Are you the only ones allowed to wear one?

PS: Greenday rocks!! Go see them live, it's a fuckin blast!! ;)

I love Green Day, they rock. They were one of the first bands I ever started listening to. Part of the reason they rock is because they are so accessible. As a 12 year old kid I loved Dookie. I don't expect 12 year old kids to be into Blackflag and the Sex Pistols, don't get me wrong, if they are into them thats great, but if not it's understanable. Green Day is like a stepping stone, from Green Day you are more open to bands like NoFX and then Blackflag and then great stuff like the Sex Pistols and the Clash. Some people don't need stepping stones and can start listening to whatever they want but some people do. And some people connect with the music just like we connect to GNR. All music serves a purpose and so does Green Day. The fact that they are on the radio a lot means nothing, if you are sick of a song all you have to do is change the radio station or put on your own cd. If you don't like a band just because they are mainstream and played on the airwaves a lot and because people you don't like like them then you are worse than any poser out there. And when CD comes out you all know you want it to be heard on the radio non-stop, and want the videos all over the place, so don't be hyprocites. When November Rain came out it was all over the place, it was on the radio and on mtv but none of you would have stopped like the song much less the band just because it was everywhere. If you don't like Green Day that's cool and if you think they are a bunch of pussies maybe they are, but don't not like them because other people do like them.

they suck enormus balls, like the size of gods, posers, how dare they say they are ,more punk then the pistols, there just little poser bastards, i want to kill them along with ms spears

Its nice to see that all the metalheads are lovin GD'S 'candy ass punk', like, how dare they use melody?! :P It only makes me like em more ;)

wasnt a misquote man...No Feelings? - Quotes on the Sex Pistols..."The Sex Pistols suck, we’re more punk than they ever were."

Billy Joe Armstrong, Green Day

wasnt a misquote man...No Feelings? - Quotes on the Sex Pistols..."The Sex Pistols suck, we’re more punk than they ever were."

Billy Joe Armstrong, Green Day

I suspect he might have been using that thing called Sarcasm!

All those idiots here are like "now that they are everywhere, I hate them". Give me a fuckin brake!!

So when CD comes out and Axl is fuckin everywhere, you start hating Guns n Roses? Just because it's "mainstream"? Just because the nerd next door also dares listening to Guns?

Grow up guys, "mainstream" is not necessarily bad music.

well said

its main stream pop, and in that way it sucks, if gnr comes out and is "mainstream" then its rock and its awesome becuase rock is coming back, greenday is not rock nor punk nor even good music, and the fact that there all over mtv, on tv every five seconds songs playin everywhere, in movies, on the radio all the time, is annoying

its main stream pop, and in that way it sucks, if gnr comes out and is "mainstream" then its rock and its awesome becuase rock is coming back, greenday is not rock nor punk nor even good music, and the fact that there all over mtv, on tv every five seconds songs playin everywhere, in movies, on the radio all the time, is annoying

that has to be the most ignorant post ever.

that has to be the most ignorant post ever.

well i guess im ignorant for hating a type of music, what does that make u, a moron, stupid, ooo i got one, how about a hypocrite, jesus, like u dont hate a fucking band jesus christ get ur panties out of ur ass and get over it because its my opinoin its not going to change so leave it be