Greenday: what do you think

saulh

Greenday: love 'em or hate 'em?  

68 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Green Day is shit. Attracts a shitload of people because it's the biggest rock group at the moment. They were acceptable years ago, now they make shitty music with shitty lyrics and became shitty posers. Green Day is for lost punks who aren't loved by their families and have listened to fucking Nirvana so many trillion times they need a new bunch of ridiculous posers.

I know I'm gonna get ranted, but I'm so pissed about Green Day getting sold out.

How exactly have they sold out though? Selling out is not the same thing as making music you don't like. :huh:

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Green Day is shit. Attracts a shitload of people because it's the biggest rock group at the moment. They were acceptable years ago, now they make shitty music with shitty lyrics and became shitty posers. Green Day is for lost punks who aren't loved by their families and have listened to fucking Nirvana so many trillion times they need a new bunch of ridiculous posers.

I know I'm gonna get ranted, but I'm so pissed about Green Day getting sold out.

How exactly have they sold out though? Selling out is not the same thing as making music you don't like. :huh:

Sold out? it means there's no tickets left to the show.

Good thing if you're in a band, yeh?! :rolleyes:

Oh ha. I read that wrong. I thought he was calling them sellouts, not saying that they were selling out shows. My bad.

Greenday aren't even good enough to lick up my orgasmic leftovers. Like 'em or not they *drum roll please*

soldout

Well, im sure they're guttted...

Perhaps your orgasmic leftovers don't taste too good.

And dude, that big drum roll, all just to say something you've said before?...

Oh ha. I read that wrong. I thought he was calling them sellouts, not saying that they were selling out shows. My bad.

Yeh, i think that's half his problem with em. Strange, really. You'd think that they'd get a little fed up with playing shows to 50 people after 16 years...

Greenday aren't even good enough to lick up my orgasmic leftovers. Like 'em or not they *drum roll please*

soldout

id hate to say this but if you think guns n roses didnt sell out then you have no idea!

soldout

id hate to say this but if you think guns n roses didnt sell out then you have no idea!

Wha?...

Dude, explain. I never even mentioned Guns N Roses!

I don't use the term 'sellout', i think it's bullshit. Any band is entitled to get as big and as commercial as they wanna be, especially if they started out slogging their guts out just to get someone to listen to em. What gets me is half the people who call bands 'sellouts' aren't even in bands themselves, so how the fuck are they qualified to start slagging bands, when they dont know the first thing about being in one? if you dont like the music, or what they stand for, then fine. But to slate a band for being successful is horseshit. That's my stance, i think its pretty clear.

It was more of a retort to the fella you were quoting - people are banding the term 'sellout' around and making out how its so bad and all that, but guns sold out when they started toning down their hard rock. quite possibly they looked at the success of 'sweet child o mine' and decided that they were just better at selling radio friendly ballads - so their biggest epic ballads are the most marketed - Dont Cry and November Rainn andto an extent estranged. and that could also be why they never survived after TSI.

by applying it to greenday you could say they have changed their style in order to sell more - making it more political to make it 'mean' something, but its also taken a lot of the fun out of their tracks. quite possibly therefore its more likely that theyve musically matured, but im not buying that. they do what they do coz its different (they probably were wanting a little change) and it happens to be more popular - and i bet they stick to it.

it makes them sell outs to a degree, but only about as much as guns n roses, so there are alot of, for want of a better word as i cant think of the right term, hypocritical comments on here. its more because they are in the charts, but just because the rest of the charts are marketed rubbish doesnt mean green day are.

GAY GAY GAY, THEY ARE POSER ASS FAGS!!!!!, i dont give a shit if u like them, i think they are one of the worst bands ever, and part of the reason rock is sinking

This thread isn't titled "Slashaholic's Opinion on Greenday."

You've posted in this thread 22 times, we get it. :rolleyes:

Jesus Christ.. you're right! It really is 22. :huh:

You'd think someone who hates the band wouldn't post so much in a thread about them. Eh go figure.

hey hey listen to this I DO WATEVER THE FUCK I WANT and i can share my fucking opinion where ever the hell i want, if u dont like it, kick me off

peace out bithes

Wow..

She's a rebel

She's a saint

She's salt of the earth

And she's dangerous

She's a rebel

She's a rebel

:ph34r:

IM SALT DUDE U HEAR THAT IM SALT!!!

How is this thread still going, it's the same thing over and over again. "Green Day sucks-no they don't". Let it go. I am going to do my part by not posting in this thread anymore so it can just die. If you love Green Day that's great, if you hate them that's great too but neither side needs to post 20 times the same information over and over again. You guys should talk about something cool, like hot lesbians, that always a good topic.

SOLD OUT = MAKING CRAPPY COMERCIAL MUSIC JUST TO SELL RECORDS

That's why the tickets sold out, yeah

It was more of a retort to the fella you were quoting - people are banding the term 'sellout' around and making out how its so bad and all that, but guns sold out when they started toning down their hard rock. quite possibly they looked at the success of 'sweet child o mine' and decided that they were just better at selling radio friendly ballads - so their biggest epic ballads are the most marketed - Dont Cry and November Rainn andto an extent estranged. and that could also be why they never survived after TSI.

Axl and Izzy wrote "Don't Cry" way back in the day. Axl said it was even more popular than Welcome to the Jungle:

It was the first song written for Guns N' Roses. Actually we weren't Guns N' Roses yet, but we were starting to become a reality, and Izzy and I wrote a song and we decided we needed to get back together.

They liked Welcome To The Jungle and stuff, but Don't Cry was like the most popular song.

Anyway. I think Axl did November Rain, Estranged, etc., not to sell more records. (Why would someone think 8min.+ songs are 'commercial' is beyond me), but because his vision for Gn'R's music was very Grand. It was just his personal taste that moved him, not the general public's.