does anyone here play the guitar or bass

thaman

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted by: da illest in 402 Posted on: Today at 11:15am Speaking of guitar.........does anyone know the CORRECT tablature for Ain't it Fun <http://www.mygnrforum.com/YaBBImages/huh.gif>

I have found it in various online websites but none of them sound right.

man use guitar pro!! it is tabs with sound

go to mysongbook.com then you'll see the link to guitar pro

you can get the demo there but if you want the complete version look for it in kazaa and in mysongbook you can get almolst any song you want ;D

Guitar, Piano, Drums and Bass for me but for now I am the singer for a jam band called Nieghbors Kid while I am in school. Incidently it was Axl on piano that made it seem cool for a classically trained musician to rock. When November Rain came out it seemed like everybody wanted/needed a singing piano player. I prefer to be the singer though.

A good resource for chords and tab is Olga or Harmony Central on the net. They have a ton of resources. Good luck.. practice practice and practice till your fingers bleed and then practice some more and listen to other genres of music. My friend and first guitarist went to M.I.T in Hollywood and was trained by Paul Gilbert(bucketheads teacher)in 1985-88. Thats how I was in Hollywood when GNR was breaking. The thing he had his students learn was classical chops. master those and you have technique from hell. If your interested look up Blind Dog Smoking on the web. Jason Coomes is the Guitarist.

pssst... Paul Gilbert was in a band called Racer X before he formed Mr. Big. That was his club band in LA. He's amazing person. If you think Buckethead has technique you should check this guy out.  G.I.T=part of M.I.T. Muscians Institute of Technology. A super muscians school in Hollywood. It was cool because some of the names in music would stop by and give seminars. I worked with Geoff Tate of Queensryche on vocal technique while I was there. Still use it.

We would see the GNR guys on the streets outside of the clubs but by then they were starting to happen. If I would have only known!!The first time I ever remember seeing Axl was when he walked across the street to go into the Cathouse. He looked like a woman.. Tight red leather pants and teased hair with lipstick on. Some guy that went to school with us said hey thats W. Axl Rose of Guns and Roses.!! WE were still to young to get in the clubs but we tried. Gaurenteed you didnt get in to see thier shows it was standing room only.

I play guitar. I had a band in high school and now I'm in a new band called Arial View. We're going into Toronto next month to meet with a film production company about doing a video. I'm not sure that this is gonna fly, but the singer in the group is older than myself and has a ton of connecitons in the biz. I'm just ridin' the coat tails. But to answer your question. Yes. Yes, I play guitar. 8)

I play guitar. I had a band in high school and now I'm in a new band called Arial View. We're going into Toronto next month to meet with a film production company about doing a video. I'm not sure that this is gonna fly, but the singer in the group is older than myself and has a ton of connecitons in the biz. I'm just ridin' the coat tails. But to answer your question. Yes. Yes, I play guitar. 8)

What kind of music does your band play Rockstar78?  Is it GNR style?

Good luck with the video. Let us know how it goes.  :)