Where did the cool Duffman go???

DrPun

Does anyone remember when Duff 8) was a bad Mutha back in the early 90's when GNR was at their peak? He had the long hair and the black leather outfit, he was a bad A S S bass player. Has anyone seen him lately? I saw a picture of him on a web site for his last band Loaded and he looked like s h i t. His hair was short and he looked like he was 65 years old :'(. He also stopped drinking cause his bladder or something blew up from all the heavy drinking over the years, he was the Gunners heaviest drinker. Maybe rock stars shouldn't be allowed to grow old. Its very depressing to see this happen and there are no rockers out there who can replace what these guys brought to us.  

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A cool fact: In my dorm at college, a guy 2 rooms down from me.  His cousin in Duff Mckagen, back in 91' when he was 11 years old he went to a concert and met all the gnr members. what a small world we live in.

This is St.Cloud, Mn.  Also I was talking to this guy more at the 11/14 GnR minneapolis concert.  

would you rather he drink himself to death by 30? :'(

YES! If he wants to live the rock life style drink hard and die young. He chose life over immortality. People dont want to remember an old "mature" Duff or any old rock star. Jim Morrison led by example and if you want to be a lengendary rock GOD take life for granted and live hard! ;D

YES! If he wants to live the rock life style drink hard and die young. He chose life over immortality. People dont want to remember an old "mature" Duff or any old rock star. Jim Morrison led by example and if you want to be a lengendary rock GOD take life for granted and live hard! ;D

I think you just won the prize for the most brainless statement ever made on this forum. Congrats!  :P

Whoa I thoght this was an intelligent post  DrPun is one screwed up MuthaF#*ka , gee you musta wanted to see Adler Od or Slash get Alchol poisioning ( according to your philoshpy we Souldn't even have any Gunners right now ( What were what you smokin dude  :P )

Peace GnR Nation  8)

I saw Duff with Nurotic Outsiders and he DOES look 60. I talked to him out back of the club... he was cool, but he looked kinda bad.. Slash was at that show as well, he wouldn't come out back with Duff... Then duff took a van back to the hotel... I mean a van?  what happend to limos and being a rock star lol   :P

are you forgetting that Duff is a human being with children, and a family that loves him. I don't think they would have appreciated him dead at 30. Dude get a life.

well i have seen many pics of him and he doesn't look 60. Dude, Do you know what a 60 year old looks like?

Pics are different then real life... and he probably had makeup on on those pics... Yes i know what a 60 year old looks like, that question just adds to your legacy of being possibly the stupidest person on the net.   ::)

well you obviously dont!

Hahaha... Sure pics cant bring out the finite wrinkles that he has, but to say he looks 60 and be serious about it is a joke. I mean if you saiud it as an exagerration then fine, no probs, but you are saying that he literally looks 60, and thats pathetic!..

_1786473_150stoiber_ap.jpg

60 year old:-

DuffMcKagan1.jpg

Duff:-

well you obviously dont!

Hahaha... Sure pics cant bring out the finite wrinkles that he has, but to say he looks 60 and be serious about it is a joke. I mean if you saiud it as an exagerration then fine, no probs, but you are saying that he literally looks 60, and thats pathetic!..

_1786473_150stoiber_ap.jpg

60 year old:-

DuffMcKagan1.jpg

Duff:-

Good one Gnrlies.  :D

However, I have seen pics (close-ups) where Duff and Slash do look considerably older -- not 60, of course -- but older than they are. I think the hard-partying, hard-drinking/drugs lifestyle have taken a toll unfortunately.

yes of course, thats one think i have noticed, is the wrinkles etc, but its not as though they look 60!!

Now your agreeing with people instead of saying "No No I told you so Na Na" You are one slippery F U C K.

real spring chicken we got here... I mean, i can't belive he isn't wearing diapers!  Oh wait he is, no those are depends!  Dude, he looks like my grandpa

live6.jpg

Mr. Sparkle!

Shame on you.

I'm sure Duff could show you another pic that's more flattering, but that's not the point.

These guys -- the original members -- were the ones who helped bring GNR to the top of the music world, and they deserve respect! If it weren't for them, we all probably wouldn't even be here at this forum discussing the band.

Don't get me wrong. I'm behind Axl and his new band, but I'll always have the highest regard for the original members and be interested in listening to any music they create. There's no need to make mean-spirited remarks toward them.

Now your agreeing with people instead of saying "No No I told you so Na Na" You are one slippery F U C K.

What the fuck is wrong with you....

I was merely showing the stupidity of seriously calling duff 60, and aknowledging that he has aged.

Get over it.

i suppose every 60 year old looks the same? get a clue gnrlies

Ok, you win Mr Sparkle....

Duff looks like 60 becuase i failed to post a picture of every 60 year old that lives on the planet. I was merely posting a comparison to show you how stupid this all was.

That was the first 60 year old i could find when searching in Google, and that was the first pic of Duff i could find in google.