r Ob i nf i n c k site

AdZ

NIN... I cant say i know muhc of them...

I know the song closer, and i cant say i was that keen....

Any other better songs / more similar to GNR songs to reccomend?

Well, NIN's style is quite different from GNR's. They've found their own niche -- their sound is closer to "Oh My God" I guess. Well sort of.  

Trent is an incredible frontman and amazing songwriter. There's a lot of angst in there -- but that's what makes it.  I like the "Pretty Hate Machine" album best, and the live album "All That Could Have Been" is awesome.  

If you want to listen to individual tracks, I'd suggest "Terrible Lie," "Head Like A Hole," "Something I Could Never Have,"  "The Wretched,"  "The Fragile," and "Hurt." ... This offers a good mix of harder rock songs and ballads. I've always really liked the track, "Closer," but I guess it comes down to personal taste.  ;)

• 3 years later...
I wasn't rreally into NIN

But I saw them twice during the last year.

I bough all their album so Madison I understand you now why you,re so into them.

Cool to hear Montrealer.

Now - who resurrected this four-year old thread? It's still relevant - except that Trent has released another album since this thread began, and he's currently working on another.

i got all excited for a minute thinking there was really a robin finck forum :(

but yes NIN is amazing. One of the few bands where their live album is one of the best albums you can get. My favorite live album ever rock3 The songs are intense on the albums, but live they take on a completely new vibe and its just so amazing. I've never been to a NIN show because Trent cancelled his gig here last Sept. :(

but yes NIN is amazing. One of the few bands where their live album is one of the best albums you can get. My favorite live album ever rock3 The songs are intense on the albums, but live they take on a completely new vibe and its just so amazing. I've never been to a NIN show because Trent cancelled his gig here last Sept. :(

March of the Pigs is sick on Halo 17! Dillon plays awesome there. I also like The Day the World Went Away more from Halo 17 than the Fragile.

I bough all their album so Madison I understand you now why you,re so into them.

Cool to hear Montrealer.

Now - who resurrected this four-year old thread? It's still relevant - except that Trent has released another album since this thread began, and he's currently working on another.

Would you recommend any songs/albums maddy?

I figure you would have the best opinion on this subject.

dude get their live album "And All That Could Have Been". I wouldn't normally recommend a live album for someone just getting into a band, but this is an exception. Many of the great songs are on it. From there get Pretty Hate Machine, Downward Spiral, and The Fragile.

Cool to hear Montrealer.

Would you recommend any songs/albums maddy?

I figure you would have the best opinion on this subject.

Pretty Hate Machine and The Downward Spiral are their two best albums IMO... their live album And All That Could Have Been is pretty amazing too.

For me, with NIN, I prefer to listen to the albums as a whole... individual songs don't really work as well and are hard to appreciate - sort of in the same way Pink Floyd works, IMO. If you really want a couple of easy tracks to get into... try Head Like A Hole, The Hand That Feeds or Closer.

Yeahh me too, got all excited..almost gave me a heart attack..... <_< But cant agree with you more....And all that could have been is so fuckin great