With Teeth

axlslash

Are you buying it?  

48 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I bought the cd a couple of days ago and I think it is decent but not what I hoped it would be. I've been a big NIN fan since '94 and honestly Trent hasn't evolved his sound too much since. The man is nearly 40 years old and his material is starting to get stale. How long will he be a tortured soul stuck making cds that sound like they are from the Downward Spiral era. Now I like The Fragile alot and it was kind of different but with the latest album I expected some kind of progression. That's why I love Axl and I'm glad he's taking the band into his direction and progressing.

i bought it today but mine is not working properly... i got the daul cd one. When i put it in my dvd player on the dvd side the audio for everything (music video and past song slips) works but the stero and surround playlist... there is no audio when there appears there should be......

what do i do.....

I have the dual disc too and atfirst I had that problem on CD-ROM/DVD-R drive of my desktop PC. So I tried putting it into my laptop which has a cd-rom/dvd-rom drive combined and it magically worked. If your PC has DVD-ROM drive try putting the CD side up of With Teeth in it and it should play and rip the files just fine.

I have the dual disc too and atfirst I had that problem on CD-ROM/DVD-R drive of my desktop PC. So I tried putting it into my laptop which has a cd-rom/dvd-rom drive combined and it magically worked. If your PC has DVD-ROM drive try putting the CD side up of With Teeth in it and it should play and rip the files just fine.

i know it works with the cd part but with the dvd part it appears you don't just get a black screen....

I bought the cd a couple of days ago and I think it is decent but not what I hoped it would be. I've been a big NIN fan since '94 and honestly Trent hasn't evolved his sound too much since. The man is nearly 40 years old and his material is starting to get stale. How long will he be a tortured soul stuck making cds that sound like they are from the Downward Spiral era. Now I like The Fragile alot and it was kind of different but with the latest album I expected some kind of progression. That's why I love Axl and I'm glad he's taking the band into his direction and progressing.

I agree because i felt the same. I mean I would like to hear some more progression, but I suppose the guy is just making records that people enjoy, and its a winning formula

Got it on monday, and it's great. Being from the UK I get two bonus tracks with it too :)

After several plays still doesn't sit right with me.I am like that with alot of NIN.I just don't get some it,it leaves me thinking what the hell is going on.

A few tracks did stand out Right Where It Belongs,Getting Smaller and Only.

I did sense he has replaced alot of the anger for disgust,still continues to express his pain and anguish the way we expect Trent too.

Still not fully made my mind up yet,I doubt I will for some time too come,unless a b-side grabs me.

still the only song i have heard is 'the hand that feeds' and it's sort of one of those guilty pleasure songs... i don't think it's bad, i mean, obviously i like it, but that sort of beat/dance thing is not really my thing. i've heard that the hand that feeds is really the only song on the album that sounds like that and i plan on picking it up.

i like nin's more atmospheric sounding stuff. i LOVED the fragile and that album seems to be one that not as many people liked so.... hm. :blink:

Well I've listened through the album several times. I'm really digging it. I'm not really into the whole industrial scene, but I really dig this stuff. YOu Know What You Are, With Teeth, and The Hand That Feeds are my favorites right now. Really killer stuff. Trent is great.

Other:

i don't know one song from NIN. so i first have to check them out before i can make my decision.

Same here.

I have a friend who's very into them... er, him. I guess he's good, but I can't make a decision 'till I hear something.