THE TOP 5 rock singer's

stone

I'm sorry, he never was and never will be a good singer.

You seriously don't think Axl was a good singer?

I gotta disagree. The guy was amazing on Sweet Child O Mine, Patience & many others.

On the albums Axl sounds good, when his singing tracks go through filters and overdubs and etc.

Axl is a great frontman who isn't a great singer. His voice is perfect for GNR though. His voice complements the music very nicely.

With that said, in terms of "singing", he doesn't even hold a candle to some other rock songer's. Rob Halford and Bruce Dickinson are also way better singer's then Axl. But I don't like them as much Axl.

You really dont know what you are talking about. Axl is an amazing studio singer WITHOUT going through filters. Just listen to the demos and that is how Axl sounds without effects on is voice. Listen to dont cry the demo version, or the shadow of your love demo, or the nov rains demos. He sounds amazing. Even listen to the IRS demo now, and that is Axl with no effects, yes he is so so in some parts but he is amazing in others. Axl is an amazing singer, just go read what that singer teacher who was world famous said about him.

You can say Axl was never a great live singer after he blew his voice out in 91 or so, but you cant honestly think, his studio voice is only great because of effects.

Hell listen to whole lotta roise they covered in 87,Axl sounds amazing on that.

paul stanley is actaully a very talented singer, especially live. and on that topic, i just wanted to say that robin zander of cheap trick is an amazing vocalist and sounds better live than o nthe studio cuts. If you haven't heard much trick , I suggest you check them out. The ywill shock you if you go into them farther than the greatest hits.

Axl Rose

Rob Halford

Varg Vikerness(that voice has got to be heard)

Chris Barnes(voice he had in the CC days was excellent)

Chuck Shuldinger(R.I.P have to listen how his voice changes in every album)

honorable mention

Dead(his torturous screams on the Live In Leipzig are amazing)

Edited by krissirge

I think it's amazing that with all the different kinds and eras of music listed,we all are compatible with Guns n' Roses.Well,here's my throat list 1.Bon Scott(love the raunchy high scream pitch) 2.Tom Keifer(always has been a personal favorite) 3.Axl Rose (This guy can to sing) 4.Lou Gramm (Foreigner was the first group I really got into) 5 Steve Perry of Journey,although I really didn't care for them that much,I have to admit,he has an amazing voice.Honorable mention:Joe Elliot of Def Leppard,and Vince Neil of The Crue.Please tell me,without laughing WHO IS CHRIS CORNELL ! ? Korn ? Tool ? Static X ? I give up! :unsure: