Greatest Live Band

johnezz

Who Were The Greatest Band Live?  

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This is a battle of the classic older great bands doing their stuff live.

The Who:

Proberly had the most energy on stage than any other band, truely amazing. Not to mention the greatest rythym section of all time. Widely consider as the best band live, and still are.

Queen:

Had arguebly the greatest front man, Brian May was great live too.

Guns N' Roses:

Need no introduction on this forum.

Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band:

Bruce had a great connection with the audiance, awesome band live.

Pink Floyd:

What they lack for energy, the Floyd made up for creativity and stage props, anyone seen The Wall live will know what im talking about, amazing stuff.

Deep Purple:

Diserve a place in the list for being the loudest band in history, their gigs were really loud! Plus they played their songs faster and harder, pure energy on stage.

Rolling Stones:

Mick is also argueably the greatest frontman too, backed by Kieth who was great live too.

Led Zeppelin:

Don't need much of an introduction, but Jimmy and Robert had a great chemistry on stage and got the crowd into their music, with great living drumming from Bonzo. They played loud and heavy too.

Greatful Dead:

Amazing band live, the did total improvations sometimes, never played a song the same time twice, very talented live.

AC/DC:

Angus is one of the greatest guitarists live, and the rest of band created alot of energy live and rocked whole stadiums.

My choice, ummmmm this is a really hard one but i'm gonna go with Deep Purple because they rocked so hard and were a very talented bunch that improvised too.

Oh teh Axl! With is waggling and runnin arounde and more runnin arounde and his amazin lyrix about st00pid blax people, gays and teh women he was fukiking awesum! So much beta than teh real songwritaz like Bob Dylan!

Oh teh Axl! With is waggling and runnin arounde and more runnin arounde and his amazin lyrix about st00pid blax people, gays and teh women he was fukiking awesum! So much beta than teh real songwritaz like Bob Dylan!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

God, why are you on this forum????

all you do is mock Axl, n ee iz da R0X0RRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111

Queen, the live playing was awesome. The only thing that pissed me off was that the guy who played rythmn off stage was never mentioned or thanked. Brian's lead would have sounded really boring withouth the rythmn behind it.

Guns were (are) great live but some of the playing was so sloppy on the UYI tour, mostly due to the guys being off their faces.

R.

Led Zeppelin win imo.

The sheer chemistry between all the players - its incredible. If you listen to them live, the way they manage to practically improvise on the spot, completely different or extended sections from studio versions, yet know exactly what each other is thinking/going to do next is INCREDIBLE!

They also improve on every single studio version they've ever recorded. Truely phernominal. Spelt wrong yes. Meaning intact? hopefully.

Led Zeppelin win imo.

The sheer chemistry between all the players - its incredible. If you listen to them live, the way they manage to practically improvise on the spot, completely different or extended sections from studio versions, yet know exactly what each other is thinking/going to do next is INCREDIBLE!

They also improve on every single studio version they've ever recorded. Truely phernominal. Spelt wrong yes. Meaning intact? hopefully.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes Led Zep were awesome live, but they were not the only band to improvise live, Deep Purple did this alot, but the winner in terms of improvisation would be The Greatful Dead, they were a Jazz band before they turned Psychdellic. They could totally improvise, much better than Zep could ever do. Don't get my wrong, i love Zep just they aint the best when it comes to improvisation.

Led Zeppelin win imo.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes Led Zep were awesome live, but they were not the only band to improvise live, Deep Purple did this alot, but the winner in terms of improvisation would be The Greatful Dead, they were a Jazz band before they turned Psychdellic. They could totally improvise, much better than Zep could ever do. Don't get my wrong, i love Zep just they aint the best when it comes to improvisation.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Then I bow down to superior knowledge/wisdom. :o

Hardest poll ever. I don't think I can vote.

I'm not saying that they should necessarily WIN the poll, but they should be ADDED to the poll.... Van Halen.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes i strongly considered adding in Van Halen, but i couldnt decide who they should replace, all are diserving.

Hehe, i like making hard polls, makes you really think hard.

Although this poll can be a bit flawed as people can only really vote on what they have seen on video or in person.

i personally have seen all 10 bands live on video but none, unfortunaty, in person.

Edited by johnezz

Hardest poll ever. I don't think I can vote.

I'm not saying that they should necessarily WIN the poll, but they should be ADDED to the poll.... Van Halen.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes i strongly considered adding in Van Halen, but i couldnt decide who they should replace, all are diserving.

You could have left GnR out. Everybody will probably vote for them now. Including them in polls here has proven a bad call many times. ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes true, but i think Gunners should be in that list, they were the best live band of the early 90's. I don't think they are the best live band ever, and i hope many don't vote for them just because they themselves are GnR Biased. On the other hand if i left them out on the list you will get people bitching and moaning about how they should be on the list. Its a lose/lose situtation.

i'm gonna go with pink floyd, i caught them in pittsburgh on the division bell tour, they basically played the whole pulse cd, with a couple more tunes. guy pratt was the basist back them, and he brought plenty of energy.

but what made it spectactular, besides the lasers. pigs, movies, songs, and props was that they didn't fuck up anything. not only that but there were changes they made to the songs. so it wasn't like listening to a cd.

not one voice crack, messed up lyric, wrong or dead note,it was truly phenominal

out of the shows i've seen in person : aerosmith, chili peppers, old and new guns, ozzy, sabbath, pantera, type o negative, acdc and some others. there were always mistakes made at an alarming frequency- now you may say that add character to the concerts.

but the bottom line was that it was because they didn't practice enough

i'm gonna go with pink floyd, i caught them in pittsburgh on the division bell tour, they basically played the whole pulse cd, with a couple more tunes. guy pratt was the basist back them, and he brought plenty of energy.

but what made it spectactular, besides the lasers. pigs, movies, songs, and props was that they didn't fuck up anything. not only that but there were changes they made to the    songs.  so it wasn't like listening to a cd.

not one voice crack, messed up lyric, wrong or dead note,it was truly phenominal

out of the shows i've seen in person : aerosmith, chili peppers, old and new guns, ozzy, sabbath, pantera, type o negative, acdc and some others.  there were always mistakes made at an alarming frequency- now you may say that add character to the concerts.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Makes Floyd seem like robots though...

the thing about van halen is their legacy has been tainted by the last tour

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I saw them on their last tour and they were A-FUCKING-MAZING. Best show I've ever seen.

that being said, there are a couple reasons for the show that I saw to be better than any other show on that tour really...

1) It was opening night

2) Eddie wasn't a drunken baphoon that night

3) Sammy wasn't pissed off at Eddie yet and was not tired of playing the same set over and over since this was the first time.

so... I probably saw one of the better shows on the tour. Which is good for me.

but what made it spectactular, besides the lasers. pigs, movies, songs, and props was that they didn't fuck up anything. not only that but there were changes they made to the    songs.  so it wasn't like listening to a cd.

out of the shows i've seen in person : aerosmith, chili peppers, old and new guns, ozzy, sabbath, pantera, type o negative, acdc and some others.  there were always mistakes made at an alarming frequency- now you may say that add character to the concerts.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Makes Floyd seem like robots though...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No it doesn't

Floyd play with alot of emotion and personality, they are far from robots.

Roger and David are very charismatic on stage.