AXL's CRAPPY INFLUENCE

rocketsredglare

theres a big difference between continuing to sell and being great ok

I don't recall using the word sell ANYWHERE , that has nothing to do do with it it , look at a band's fan-base , it's very telling when you look at the different ages of the people at shows for some of the groups you mentioned , people from thier teens into thier 50's , great music is timeless bro and it shouldn't metter how old or long it's been around , thought you knew that .

Peace GnR Nation B)

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i love GnR, despise his influences

the stones (shitty corporate rock dinosaurs)

Elton John (balded head bore merchant who makes a living singing bout dead blondes)

Bob Dylan (as much as i like a lot of his shit, jesus he's repetitive, old hippy)

grateful dead (jump off a cliff)

Aerosmith (3rd rate stones)

his more out of the way influences rule

ny dolls

sex pistols

iggy pop...

i guess he's a mix of it all...plus a fistful of Axl...which makes him kick ass...he's the ONLY reason corporate stadium rock is worth it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

you're an idiot, nOOb!

you also forgot Led Zeppelin and Queen, and if you bash them, id seriously hunt you down, and fight you.....thats no lie

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i agree this kids a hooray for tolerance&#33;.

i guess he thinks gnrs some shitty punk band.

go to some greenday forum or something you jackass :fuckyou:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Good 1. He's a hooray for tolerance&#33; :confused: How long were you thinking that 1 up? You're insulting his opinion and then moaning for him insulting yours? Shut up.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

im obviously not the only one who thinks this kids a jackass.

the majority of people on this subject are saying this you idiot.

go listen to some greenday or something you retard

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't even like Green Day dipshit. I like Elton, Aerosmith and the Stones, not too ig on Dylan but he's cool. I could say "G'n'R suck ass" and it wouldn't mean anything, it's just an opinion dickwad. Same as when you said "go listen to some greenday or something you retard". Yes, because only "retards" can listen to Greenday. Grow up fuck muffin.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i was making fun of this kid cause he's a dickhead and insulted some of my favorite bands, when youinsulted me for no reason whatsoever other than your a fuckin dick with nothing better to do. so naturally i figured you were an idiot punk kid as well but now i see you are just an idiotic jackass

fuck you

theres a big difference between continuing to sell and being great ok

I don't recall using the word sell ANYWHERE , that has nothing to do do with it it , look at a band's fan-base , it's very telling when you look at the different ages of the people at shows for some of the groups you mentioned , people from thier teens into thier 50's , great music is timeless bro and it shouldn't metter how old or long it's been around , thought you knew that .

Peace GnR Nation B)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

couldnt have said it better myself

i was making fun of this kid cause he's a dickhead and insulted some of my favorite bands, when youinsulted me for no reason whatsoever other than your a fuckin dick with nothing better to do.  so naturally i figured you were an idiot punk kid as well but now i see you are just an idiotic jackass

fuck you

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You also insulted some of his favourite bands? So that's quite hypocritical.

Why do you assume I'm the one with nothing to do? But anyway you're damn right I have nothing to do, not at the moment. It's 10:30 on a Wednesday and I've got College in the morning thanks so I've got nothing to do right now if you're asking.

But I'm not gonna argue with you on the forum anymore. If you wanna bitch send me a PM sunshine.

Edited by Glick

there music has an immense amount to do with it...namely, the fact is hasn't changed since the 60s, they're in a time warp, they don't progress, if u care to read some of my other posts u might know that instead of commenting on something before reading the persons opinion, they've been playin the same naff rock n roll since they started, no change...just total stalemate....diggressive crap...jumpin jack flash is great, Under My Thumb is great but....40 years of it? hmm...im sorry, but thats just scary....lol they don't move, they don't go anywhere, do something knew....like gnr, from lies, to appetite, to the illusion albums their is MONUMENTAL progression musically...lyrically, in all ways...with the stones it's like they're trapped in the 60s, scared to let go in case they fall flat on their face...the only experimentation they did was psychedelia for a littttttle while around goats head soup time...and that hardly took guts, everyone was doin it in the 60s...and the fact is, with rock n roll, u sell an image and a way of life and an ideology and if u r not consistent to it then u r exposed VERY quickly...as the stones were...nostalgia is dangerous, each generation MUST do their own thing, stop lookin up to grandad...u think the hippies sucked the rock n rollers dicks? or the punks sucked the hippies dick? or the hip hop generation sucked the punks dicks? no no and no...and u know why? cuz when u do get into that kinda "weren't the good old days great?" mentality then u end up being like this fucking generation....with nothing orignal and new, no movement, no music, no soundtrack to call its own...THAT is tragic....what are the 90s and 00's gonna be remembered for?  EXACTLY...lol 90s at least electronica and techno and rave made waves in certain circles, liking it is a matter of opinion but at least it was orignal and their own...what have we got? nothing, exactly...and stale digressive mentalities just encourage that.

bible thumpers? lol cocaine is a rich mans drug....punks took speed and heroin and the ones that were dedicated to it like the so called so called Toxic Twins & keith and Prick, excuse me, Mick, died taking it....not to say that thats an accolade but....they didn't know any better, they were real street people, real working class people...they didn't have that sensible switch that those with "something to lose" have where they go, ohmigod, i gotta get into rehab, i might actually be putting myself on the line for an ideology that im pedalling, theres too much invested in this whole circus...there was an innocence (plus idiocy? childlike quality) to punk where they went for it, full steam ahead...they were what they were, straight ahead...im not saying Keith and Mick'd be better off dead offa ODing but it's just one example outta many...i mean, they celebrate the keiths micks and ozzys of this world now as if all their drinkin and drug taking was waaay cool and totally rock n roll....they didn't at the time? why's that? cuz media wants to sell basically, they don't give a second fuck about their lives or any of this shit, they want publicity...mick and keith were clever enough to shake it off and get on with their buisnessmen lives....what about kids like sid vicious and johnny thunders who grew up believing that junkie shit and died for it...died for something that the keiths and micks of this world proliferating...ur responsible for a lot more than u think as a rock star...u can say, well then johnny and sid were stupid then, haha, well, maybe they believed a little in what rock n roll was pushing, the ideology...maybe they're casualities with a childlike innocence that was destroyed by rock n roll...to quote George Plimpton (he was talking about Muhammad Ali in this instance, pertaining to his parkinsons but i think it's relevant here "they say u destroy the thing u love, well it works the other way, because it destroys you too".  spare a thought for the casualties of rock n roll...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

For the love of bloody Mary! Trying to read that was as 35 times as painful as listening to Michael Bolton for a week straight while running on a treadmill while watching countless Justin Timberlake videos......without the mute on! :scared::scared::scared: Ergh....

If you want to express yourself, it'd be a nice idea not to make yourself look like an illiterate while doing so. :monkey:

Also, supersillyspacemonkey, you're a hypocrite major buddy.

Bah.

"I don't recall using the word sell ANYWHERE , that has nothing to do do with it it , look at a band's fan-base , it's very telling when you look at the different ages of the people at shows for some of the groups you mentioned , people from thier teens into thier 50's , great music is timeless bro and it shouldn't metter how old or long it's been around , thought you knew that"

yeah? well guess what, to be around for that long...u gotta sell records...i don't think they're awful or anything, their OK but...theres gotta be something a little more relevant to be said is all im sayin, they just become...i dunno, stale is the only word i can think of, reminiscent of something...people clinging to something that...belongs in yesterday, im not sayin they should be outlawed or no nazi shit like that but...there...this generation NEEDS desperately something relevant and contemporary.

brittany spears doesnt play her ownn insturments and has her voice computerised most of the time to make it sound good.

shes only selled well cause shes 100% commerciallism while acdc sold because they kicked ass.

and at least britney spears sounds better than your screaming fag punk bands, even though shes f-in horrible"

i think u totally misunderstood the analogy, which was relative to the selling point...not any parrallels in their music lol

"ok so as you said before it doesnt matter how good it sounds but if its been around for long it sucks.

you know why its liked for so long? because its GOOD!

so what youre telling me is that i should stop liking good music and go along with every fad that comes around no matter how gay it is, like punk because rock and roll doesnt change.... hm... well look at that one rock band..... oh yeah... GUNS N' ROSES!

and why go out of your way to change something when its been perfected?

well thanks for the shitty advice, im gonna go listen to avril lavigne now.

(that was sarcasm)

idiot"

no, if its been around for long and it doesn't change and becomes irrelevant, THEN it sucks...and try playing with this, maybe its liked for so long because nowadays can't offer any decent alternatives, meaning nothing relevant...because people keep lookin up to grandad...punk is a fad? woah, lasted kinda long for a fad hasn't it? lol try thinkin before ur fingertips hit the keyboard...something perfected gets old VERY quickly, when its done, it's great it good, appreciate it for what it is and MOVE ON...thats a very complacent and boring attitude...its perfect, so lets suck its dick for eternity...i'd rather listen to something i don't understand, figure it out, maybe learn something...what ur talking about it stalemate...

"so what ur telling me is that"

im not telling u anything, im not ur sunday school teacher, im just stating an opinion, it's ur job to figure out ur own interpretation of it's meaning, stop sitting around to be spoonfed. thats the problem i think, u think ur being told something, well ur not, im not speaking to you specifically, u came here and adressed what i wrote, not the other way around...i don't tell people, i don't force things...i state my opinion, its ur perogative to respond or ignore or, hows this for a ridiculous concept...TRY TO UNDERSTAND...it may not all be right but u know what? the only way u learn anything is by TRYING...u know, like empathy as opposed to stickin' to ur guns which is a good thing at times and fucking stupidity at other times...

Indiana...if u want a fucking grammer lesson, don't look for it on forums for rock bands...

and dude, if u didn't care...u wouldnt comment now would u, theres plenty of other threads...who sent u a fuckin invite?

Edited by rocketsredglare

i was making fun of this kid cause he's a dickhead and insulted some of my favorite bands, when youinsulted me for no reason whatsoever other than your a fuckin dick with nothing better to do.  so naturally i figured you were an idiot punk kid as well but now i see you are just an idiotic jackass

fuck you

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Why do you assume I'm the one with nothing to do? But anyway you're damn right I have nothing to do, not at the moment. It's 10:30 on a Wednesday and I've got College in the morning thanks so I've got nothing to do right now if you're asking.

But I'm not gonna argue with you on the forum anymore. If you wanna bitch send me a PM sunshine.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

what the hells so hypocritical about that?

he insulted me so i insulted him back yeah im such a hypocrit.

god your fuckin stupid how the hell did you make it to college?

retard

Something relevant??? something that changes??? How could a band change if they are not doing anything?? You say Led Zeppelin doesnt evolved and stay with the same style. tell me how thye could evolved with the fact that they are not a band anymore??dickhead! You say you think Elton John is shitty. Well Elton is an exemple of evolution, so you should be complaining! He started with some more mellow guitar oriented songs to go up with bigger piano ballads and ended up in the 90's with more electric guitars in his songs. so shut it up dude, you have no clue. Alot of the bands that were mentionned in that thread and that you said never evolved and stayed the same (wich is the fact they suck, according to you!) had, indeed, evolved. Its not because they dont evolved according to the so-called standards , according to what other bands did, that they didnt evolved in their own style, going further in what they were already doing, experiencing some new stuff in their own fucking style! The Stones. you like to bash them alot dont ya??? Listen to their first album, and listen to their last. Its the same style, yes, I agree. But there is a change. they have digged more into the style, perfectionning the style. You dont know shit what your talking about, and everybody can tell this. You can have your opinion, but dont start to jump on everybody claiming that you know things and that all of our fave bands are shit, next time, put it nicely, and BE OBJECTIVE for fuck sake, your dissing everything everybody said, never, never, you said : yeah you'Re right. Next time you want a debate, at least do it properly, and dont go thinking you're a musical god. Go tell Page , Plant and Jagger how to play music, just for fun.

"I don't recall using the word sell ANYWHERE , that has nothing to do do with it it , look at a band's fan-base , it's very telling when you look at the different ages of the people at shows for some of the groups you mentioned , people from thier teens into thier 50's , great music is timeless bro and it shouldn't metter how old or long it's been around , thought you knew that"

yeah? well guess what, to be around for that long...u gotta sell records...i don't think they're awful or anything, their OK but...theres gotta be something a little more relevant to be said is all im sayin, they just become...i dunno, stale is the only word i can think of, reminiscent of something...people clinging to something that...belongs in yesterday, im not sayin they should be outlawed or no nazi shit like that but...there...this generation NEEDS desperately something relevant and contemporary.

brittany spears doesnt play her ownn insturments and has her voice computerised most of the time to make it sound good.

shes only selled well cause shes 100% commerciallism while acdc sold because they kicked ass.

and at least britney spears sounds better than your screaming fag punk bands, even though shes f-in horrible"

i think u totally misunderstood the analogy, which was relative to the selling point...not any parrallels in their music lol

"ok so as you said before it doesnt matter how good it sounds but if its been around for long it sucks.

you know why its liked for so long? because its GOOD!

so what youre telling me is that i should stop liking good music and go along with every fad that comes around no matter how gay it is, like punk because rock and roll doesnt change.... hm... well look at that one rock band..... oh yeah... GUNS N' ROSES!

and why go out of your way to change something when its been perfected?

well thanks for the shitty advice, im gonna go listen to avril lavigne now.

(that was sarcasm)

idiot"

no, if its been around for long and it doesn't change and becomes irrelevant, THEN it sucks...and try playing with this, maybe its liked for so long because nowadays can't offer any decent alternatives, meaning nothing relevant...because people keep lookin up to grandad...punk is a fad? woah, lasted kinda long for a fad hasn't it? lol try thinkin before ur fingertips hit the keyboard...something perfected gets old VERY quickly, when its done, it's great it good, appreciate it for what it is and MOVE ON...thats a very complacent and boring attitude...its perfect, so lets suck its dick for eternity...i'd rather listen to something i don't understand, figure it out, maybe learn something...what ur talking about it stalemate...

"so what ur telling me is that"

im not telling u anything, im not ur sunday school teacher, im just stating an opinion, it's ur job to figure out ur own interpretation of it's meaning, stop sitting around to be spoonfed. thats the problem i think, u think ur being told something, well ur not, im not speaking to you specifically, u came here and adressed what i wrote, not the other way around...i don't tell people, i don't force things...i state my opinion, its ur perogative to respond or ignore or, hows this for a ridiculous concept...TRY TO UNDERSTAND...it may not all be right but u know what? the only way u learn anything is by TRYING...u know, like empathy as opposed to stickin' to ur guns which is a good thing at times and fucking stupidity at other times...

Indiana...if u want a fucking grammer lesson, don't look for it on forums for rock bands...

and dude, if u didn't care...u wouldnt comment now would u, theres plenty of other threads...who sent u a fuckin invite?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

dude you are just going around in circles.

you are saying the exact same thing over and over and re-wording it to try to make it sound like you came up with a new reason for being a jackass.

as i said to you before, you keep saying that no matter how good it is we HAVE to move on and keep going with fads and gay shit.

so youre saying, hey we made the best form of music ever, now lets make something gay and listen to that instead cause its newer.

you are an idiot.

at least im acknowledging what ive already said but you just keep saying your old stuff and trying to make it sound new.

no matter how you put it down punk sucks and rock n roll will always be better

idiot

Something relevant??? something that changes??? How could a band change if they are not doing anything?? You say Led Zeppelin doesnt evolved and stay with the same style. tell me how thye could evolved with the fact that they are not a band anymore??dickhead! You say you think Elton John is shitty. Well Elton is an exemple of evolution, so you should be complaining! He started with some more mellow guitar oriented songs to go up with bigger piano ballads and ended up in the 90's with more electric guitars in his songs. so shut it up dude, you have no clue. Alot of the bands that were mentionned in that thread and that you said never evolved and stayed the same (wich is the fact they suck, according to you!) had, indeed, evolved. Its not because they dont evolved according to the so-called standards , according to what other bands did, that they didnt evolved in their own style, going further in what they were already doing, experiencing some new stuff in their own fucking style! The Stones. you like to bash them alot dont ya??? Listen to their first album, and listen to their last. Its the same style, yes, I agree. But there is a change. they have digged more into the style, perfectionning the style. You dont know shit what your talking about, and everybody can tell this. You can have your opinion, but dont start to jump on everybody claiming that you know things and that all of our fave bands are shit, next time, put it nicely, and BE OBJECTIVE for fuck sake, your dissing everything everybody said, never, never, you said : yeah you'Re right. Next time you want a debate, at least do it properly, and dont go thinking you're a musical god. Go tell Page , Plant and Jagger how to play music, just for fun.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

thank you!

at least somebodys been smart on this subject lately

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

here fuckin here!

all i can say is that maybe this person talks out of their ass in order to get people to laugh.. music as a whole is evolution. most of the people mentioned are bands that are still going, they could not do tha had their music not evolved.. but more to my own point what the fuck! are you even a musician if so, i wonder what your influences are??? anyway, well see Dee!

they're stale, digressive, reptitive....if u don't progress, ur obsolete...and those artists didn't...

progression = public image limited, Tom Waits, a ton of post punk stuff....

greats...more like dinosaurs, talk about freedom and turn into buisnessmen, phoney junk whores that run to rehab when they can't hack it anymore...people that believe in it go like Sid Vicious went, like Johnny Thunders went...try latchin onto that end of gnr's influence, instead of the dicksuck end...and fuck you, don't be raisin' fingers at me cuz u don't like my opinion, cuz guess what, i don't fuckin like urs, u don't see me gettin menstural about it...the spirit of rock n roll wasnt what mick jagger pushes, becoming establishment, getting a knighthood from the queen, SIR Elton John, SIR Keith Richards....fuck you

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The Dead played their songs differently every time, as Dylan does today. You are judging bands according to a philosophy of punk rock rather than the actual songs. You need some remedial rock classes.

i love GnR, despise his influences

the stones (shitty corporate rock dinosaurs)

Elton John (balded head bore merchant who makes a living singing bout dead blondes)

Bob Dylan (as much as i like a lot of his shit, jesus he's repetitive, old hippy)

grateful dead (jump off a cliff)

Aerosmith (3rd rate stones)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

But I like these influences :(

rocketsredglare you might as well stop trying.

youve made the same crappy point a thousand times and theres a bunch of people making point against yours that are much better.

you are an idiot.

either shut up or get off the forum because i dont know how someone like you could possibly be a gnr fan.

either accept that gnr aint no stupid punk band or go to some simple plan forum you goddamn punk

rocketsredglare you might as well stop trying.

youve made the same crappy point a thousand times and theres a bunch of people making point against yours that are much better.

you are an idiot.

either shut up or get off the forum because i dont know how someone like you could possibly be a gnr fan.

either accept that gnr aint no stupid punk band or go to some simple plan forum you goddamn punk

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Let's let that be the last word. Great post.

i was making fun of this kid cause he's a dickhead and insulted some of my favorite bands

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

retard

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i was making fun of this kid cause he's a dickhead and insulted some of my favorite bands
i couldnt have said that better myself, punk is gay talentless shit.

That my friend, is why you are a hypocrit. Just because someone says they hate your music, doesn't mean you need to complain about it, especially if you're gonna say how music he likes is "gay talentless shit". If you can't accept someone else's opinion, don't go spouting yours.

I don't wanna argue anymore, so shall we call it quits? Or do you wanna take some more shots?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

retard

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That my friend, is why you are a hypocrit. Just because someone says they hate your music, doesn't mean you need to complain about it, especially if you're gonna say how music he likes is "gay talentless shit". If you can't accept someone else's opinion, don't go spouting yours.

I don't wanna argue anymore, so shall we call it quits? Or do you wanna take some more shots?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yeah ill quit but i gotta point out one thing.

he started out by insulting my bands when he had no reason to so i insulted his stupid punk for that.

i just dont see how thats hypocritical.

well i think im done how bout you?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

retard

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yeah ill quit but i gotta point out one thing.

he started out by insulting my bands when he had no reason to so i insulted his stupid punk for that.

i just dont see how thats hypocritical.

well i think im done how bout you?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I see where you're coming from man. Glad we sorted that out :kiss::)