AXL's CRAPPY INFLUENCE

rocketsredglare

i love GnR, despise his influences

the stones (shitty corporate rock dinosaurs)

Elton John (balded head bore merchant who makes a living singing bout dead blondes)

Bob Dylan (as much as i like a lot of his shit, jesus he's repetitive, old hippy)

grateful dead (jump off a cliff)

Aerosmith (3rd rate stones)

his more out of the way influences rule

ny dolls

sex pistols

iggy pop...

i guess he's a mix of it all...plus a fistful of Axl...which makes him kick ass...he's the ONLY reason corporate stadium rock is worth it.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Elton John (balded head bore merchant who makes a living singing bout dead blondes)

Bob Dylan (as much as i like a lot of his shit, jesus he's repetitive, old hippy)

ny dolls

sex pistols

iggy pop...

i guess he's a mix of it all...plus a fistful of Axl...which makes him kick ass...he's the ONLY reason corporate stadium rock is worth it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:blink: , How old are you?-And it's different taste. Also the time period. The Stones was Hot Shit back then. And if you were born in the past two decades or somthing you can't realy judge like that because, Do you hate them cause you plain don't like what they play. Or do you hate the bands because there is somthing better then them. Cause at the time they were one and only. Keep that in mind.

Edited by Garden Of Eden

ny dolls

sex pistols

iggy pop...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

what the hell is wrong with you? that has to be the stupidest post i have ever read. you just said that some of the greatest artist suck. your crazy i hope that you all wernt there or something when you posted that

:angry::fuckyou::fuckyou:

they're stale, digressive, reptitive....if u don't progress, ur obsolete...and those artists didn't...

progression = public image limited, Tom Waits, a ton of post punk stuff....

greats...more like dinosaurs, talk about freedom and turn into buisnessmen, phoney junk whores that run to rehab when they can't hack it anymore...people that believe in it go like Sid Vicious went, like Johnny Thunders went...try latchin onto that end of gnr's influence, instead of the dicksuck end...and fuck you, don't be raisin' fingers at me cuz u don't like my opinion, cuz guess what, i don't fuckin like urs, u don't see me gettin menstural about it...the spirit of rock n roll wasnt what mick jagger pushes, becoming establishment, getting a knighthood from the queen, SIR Elton John, SIR Keith Richards....fuck you

Edited by rocketsredglare

ny dolls

sex pistols

iggy pop...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Shut the fuck up. It's idiots like you who give newbies a bad name. Pretty much every rock band ever have been influenced by the stones, also dylan and aerosmith to a lesser extent. :fuckyou::fuckyou::fuckyou:

Oh, man... seriously.. Bob Dylan? He's a bloody hero. Aerosmith, com'on, they're like totally awsome. Grateful dead's also good. I think thats a list of great influences.

.the spirit of rock n roll wasnt what mick jagger pushes, becoming establishment, getting a knighthood from the queen, SIR Elton John, SIR Keith Richards....

how can you possibly say that what "mick jagger pushes" ain't rock n roll?! Rolling Stones is still like the definition of rock! rock4 Punk ain't the only school of rock that's still has feeling and spirit ya know.. and also, you know guns is alot like an establishment and a little like a genuine rockband nowadays.

Edited by evil_l

right...as what they began...look at em now...sellouts...and try addressin' the issues i raise insteads of just lettin out disses cuz it just proves u don't know what the fuck ur talkin about....it's newbies like you, fuuuuuuck you u old fascist, get over urself, ur on a message board...see what i mean? fuckin stuck up snobby elitist attitude

listen to the sex pistols, the slits, johnny thunders, the whole NY punk scene from 78, thats authentic....the stones didn't influence fuckin shit asshole, they played three chord rock n roll, like the beatles before em and like Elvis (now theres a dude :) ) ok, they didn't invent that, they carried it on...and ask Prick Jagger who his greatest influence is....James Brown...then pay attention to his vocal style...he's such a phoney, faking like he's working class, he went to a fuckin private school, just dumbs down his middle class british accent to sound like Old Man Steptoe when hes more like prince charles....evil and eden are cool, at least they discuss, u wanna diss and sound like ur fuckin clever...well ur not cuz guess what, even the young dumb kids can diss, look, heres one doin it now...aren't i a grown up? *bangs his head on the door on the way out*

ny dolls

sex pistols

iggy pop...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Shut the fuck up. All those bands kicked / kick ass :fuckyou:

Edited by bbbbb

right...as what they began...look at em now...sellouts...and try addressin' the issues i raise insteads of just lettin out disses cuz it just proves u don't know what the fuck ur talkin about....it's newbies like you, fuuuuuuck you u old fascist, get over urself, ur on a message board...see what i mean? fuckin stuck up snobby elitist attitude

listen to the sex pistols, the slits, johnny thunders, the whole NY punk scene from 78, thats authentic....the stones didn't influence fuckin shit asshole, they played three chord rock n roll, like the beatles before em and like Elvis (now theres a dude :) ) ok, they didn't invent that, they carried it on...and ask Prick Jagger who his greatest influence is....James Brown...then pay attention to his vocal style...he's such a phoney, faking like he's working class, he went to a fuckin private school, just dumbs down his middle class british accent to sound like Old Man Steptoe when hes more like prince charles....evil and eden are cool, at least they discuss, u wanna diss and sound like ur fuckin clever...well ur not cuz guess what, even the young dumb kids can diss, look, heres one doin it now...aren't i a grown up? *bangs his head on the door on the way out*

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just based on the fact that u like Elvis, you definitely have no credibility. Elvis stole all of his music, there is nothing authentic about him.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Struck a nerve.

musical dexterity don't matter, it's the intensity, the FEEEEEEEEELING u put into it, and hey, LOL the stones? lol they made their fuckin bones offa 3 chords rock n roll, why don't u try buyin' their albums instead of reading rolling stone, u might know what ur talking about...the stones suck ass, they're sellouts? lol the definition of rock n roll? spare me, rock n roll's definition is black people playin' the blues and gettin nothin out of it and dyin' paupers...OK, rock n roll first of all is an american thing, the stones stole a sound basically, u wanna talk about Elvis stealing? Elvis didn't steal, when songwriters write for u and get paid, it ain't stealing...Elvis invented rock n roll for the mainstream and it would've NEVER gotten the acclaim it got without him, in fact, he defined the stance, the attitude...Mick Jagger is such a sellout its unbelievable...u think johnny thunders sucks? well guess what, ur boyfriend Axl must think a lot of him cuz he's the only dude who got 2 covers of him on Spaghetti Incident...look at Izzy for fuckssake, he's a total fucking rip off of Johnny, the way he dresses, the stuff he sings about...and Mr. Duff Mckagan....that padlock and chain, uhh... sid vicious much? and yes sid did invent that before u say anything....the bass player, the leather jacket, the elvis lip curl....duff, by his own admission loves the ny scene, people like the misfits (ATTITUDE!!!) and those people were more honest, more orignal, more true than all the stones and aerosmith superbowl 101ers put together x a million...the stones r fucking awful, old geriatrics, tryna be something that died YEARS AGO...even when they were around they sucked....i love how none of u mention the fuckin music, it's all fuckin "oh, they're so great..." why not give a little more contentious a comment?...punk (or americas corporate crap incarnation of it now) is a piece o shit, but punk is an attitude, not necessarily a style of music, its a stance, the doors had it, elvis had it, the sex pistols had it, the ramones had it, leadbelly had it, charlie patton had it, charlie parker had it, theolonious monk had it, jack kerouac had it...axl has it...it's always existed, it just took a long time for it to find a name in a musical context...u wanna talk about Elvis stealin', well what the fuck did the stones do? imported a sounded basically...ok, so bob dylan kicks ass, i must say...but again, didn't progress much did he?

The Rolling Stones are incredible. Can't You Hear Me Knocking is one of my favorite songs of all time. It's just so badass to drink to. The Stones were much more influential than GNR and GNR is probably my favorite band. Aerosmith is no joke either, ever listen to the album Rocks?

Either way, you seem too young to be listening to music with bad language. Shame on you.

musical dexterity don't matter, it's the intensity, the FEEEEEEEEELING u put into it, and hey, LOL the stones? lol they made their fuckin bones offa 3 chords rock n roll, why don't u try buyin' their albums instead of reading rolling stone, u might know what ur talking about...the stones suck ass, they're sellouts? lol the definition of rock n roll? spare me, rock n roll's definition is black people playin' the blues and gettin nothin out of it and dyin' paupers...OK, rock n roll first of all is an american thing, the stones stole a sound basically, u wanna talk about Elvis stealing? Elvis didn't steal, when songwriters write for u and get paid, it ain't stealing...Elvis invented rock n roll for the mainstream and it would've NEVER gotten the acclaim it got without him, in fact, he defined the stance, the attitude...Mick Jagger is such a sellout its unbelievable...u think johnny thunders sucks? well guess what, ur boyfriend Axl must think a lot of him cuz he's the only dude who got 2 covers of him on Spaghetti Incident...look at Izzy for fuckssake, he's a total fucking rip off of Johnny, the way he dresses, the stuff he sings about...and Mr. Duff Mckagan....that padlock and chain, uhh... sid vicious much? and yes sid did invent that before u say anything....the bass player, the leather jacket, the elvis lip curl....duff, by his own admission loves the ny scene, people like the misfits (ATTITUDE!!!) and those people were more honest, more orignal, more true than all the stones and aerosmith superbowl 101ers put together x a million...the stones r fucking awful, old geriatrics, tryna be something that died YEARS AGO...even when they were around they sucked....i love how none of u mention the fuckin music, it's all fuckin "oh, they're so great..." why not give a little more contentious a comment?...punk (or americas corporate crap incarnation of it now) is a piece o shit, but punk is an attitude, not necessarily a style of music, its a stance, the doors had it, elvis had it, the sex pistols had it, the ramones had it, leadbelly had it, charlie patton had it, charlie parker had it, theolonious monk had it, jack kerouac had it...axl has it...it's always existed, it just took a long time for it to find a name in a musical context...u wanna talk about Elvis stealin', well what the fuck did the stones do? imported a sounded basically...ok, so bob dylan kicks ass, i must say...but again, didn't progress much did he?

struck a nerve? lol i think, if u look a little closer, i wasn't the first one to get menstrual, i just believe in talkin' to others like they talk to you but yeah, for that matter, u kinda did strike a nerve cuz i think u should be passionate about the things u believe...otherwise whats the point?

try to be a little more categoric...the stones were influential...ok, how??? tell me, i'd like to know oh aged fountain of eternal knowledge...what did they invent, what can they claim to be truly theirs?

Punk is probably the least talented form of rock and all of it is based on attitude. So stop preaching about your shitty Punk bands who don't know fuck all about playing an instrument and go suck on a dummy you childish fucktard :fuckyou:

rocketsredglare, you clearly know nothing about music, or music history

Elvis did not invent rock n' roll, Little Richard and his other contemporaries did

The Stones are one of the geatest rock bands EVER and influenced many musicians

Aerosmith is also one of the great rock bands

Bob Dylan is one of the greatest songwriters around

Punk was more about attitude than music, although it does have its place

Ah, who cares.....people have their own taste in music. Although Bob and The Stones were influences on some of today's music....Aerosmith is nothing but a cheap ripoff of the Stones. But in Steven Tylers defense...any man who can stuff a whole chicken in their mouth at once....has got to be a hero in someone's eyes!!!!

Punk is probably the least talented form of rock and all of it is based on attitude. So stop preaching about your shitty Punk bands who don't know fuck all about playing an instrument and go suck on a dummy you childish fucktard :fuckyou:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i couldnt have said that better myself, punk is gay talentless shit.

this guy is a hooray for tolerance&#33; and he should be banned

thats says it all? ok, so basically...what ur sayin is, u gotta be slash or hendrix to be relevant? music belongs to the people...ok, rock gods on their stadium stages 50 ft in the air, pontificating, telling u how to dress, who to vote for, how to act is great, but if kids wanna get up and take their passion out on an instrument suddenly it's wrong? ok, u don't hafta be Joe Satriani to make good music, u just gotta have passion for what you're doing...how can u be expected to relate to the "Gods" of rock? it's insulting to your intelligence, music is free and ur stupid little rules don't mean shit, rock n roll was a reaction to stuck up stuffy adult classical shit with it's simplicity and energy....cuz thats what its about...u suck, the stones...look how simple their shit was to begin with, the beatles, the who, the kinks...these ain't punk bands...they became dinosaurs though because they became so detached from reality...from limos to hotel rooms to stage...thats not life, thats a delusion, thats how u become irrelevant and stuck up...u do not need to be a genius to play rock n roll...what do u think one of white america primary objections was? aside from it being labelled as "black person music" was that it was so simple it just sounded to them like noise...and if u don't like punk, u can't think that much of gnr...look at their influences, look at their t shirts...slash wore tons of em, The Damned, Sid Vicious, The Violators...Punk took rock n roll out of the hands of dinosaurs and made it accessible again...rock stars love when u push that "u gotta be hendrix to play" attitude cuz it means that they're safe on their mile high pedestals, untouchable...well fuck that, they're just people, just like anyone...anyone can play rock n roll...

"Punk is probably the least talented form of rock and all of it is based on attitude. So stop preaching about your shitty Punk bands who don't know fuck all about playing an instrument and go suck on a dummy you childish fucktard"

talent is somehow guaged by the solo....u can have nothing to say, as long as u surround it with a lotta musical skill, it becomes relevant...sorry, thats not good enough for me. the ability to reach people with ur art, however profficent u r, is a skill, which punk did.

rocketsredglare, you clearly know nothing about music, or music history - no, i just have an opinion...evidently that bothers u

"Elvis did not invent rock n' roll, Little Richard and his other contemporaries did" - i said invented it for the mainstream, learn to read, scroll up, check it out...u think white america at that time coulda swallowed little richard? a black guy in make up? they couldn't swallow elvis, callin it black person music and banning rock n roll records...and for ur infomation, no one person invented rock n roll, its basically an amalgamation (and this is a history book thing, not an opinion) of folk rhythm and the black blues sound...hence the name rhythm and blues...r&b (if someone says, what Destinys Child im gonna cry)

The Stones are one of the geatest rock bands EVER and influenced many musicians - why won't u show me their influence instead of just generalising

Aerosmith is also one of the great rock bands - matter of opinion

Bob Dylan is one of the greatest songwriters around - TOTALLY true

Punk was more about attitude than music, although it does have its place - agreed

"Ah, who cares.....people have their own taste in music. Although Bob and The Stones were influences on some of today's music....Aerosmith is nothing but a cheap ripoff of the Stones. But in Steven Tylers defense...any man who can stuff a whole chicken in their mouth at once....has got to be a hero in someone's eyes!!!!" Tylers an amazing lyricist, really clever word play, i never denied that, in fact i like a lotta their stuff, i think they're an amazing improvement on the stones, they're wild but...they've gotten stale is my point

"HAHA, do you really think that Rocketsredglare?, fair enough you can have you narrow minded taste" - uh, what do u know of my taste? did i outline my taste out here for u? if u don't understand what i've said, ask me, don't tell me, this isn't nazi germany...ok, lets take a shot at that though, tell me ur tastes i'll tell u mine...lets see whoose narrow minded...i've mentioned Avante Garde music, Jazz music, rock n roll as my taste...i don't think within genres like some people evidently do...so please, try to give ur ears a chance....actually listen, then maybe you'll sound like u know what ur talking about...in fact, if u notice, im tryna rally against the narrow minded rock dinosaur pushers...

and people, try backin' statements up with a logic or a line of reasoning....instead of, woah, the stones r like, totally gnarly dude, like...WOAH!!! fuck you....grow a brain

i have nothing against the stones for playing three chord rock...what i do have against the stones is what they stood for and what they became...from anti establishment to THE establishment....getting knighthoods from the queen, becoming corporate entities...thats really lame...then when the sex pistols came out, makin statements like "they can't even play, they only do three chords rock n roll" shame on u Uncle Jagger...sorry, hows that again, how'd u spell hypocrite? i think it goes M I C K

i should be banned? LMAO thats hilairious...so basically what u guys'd dig as a board is just self congratulatory back-patting everyone agreeing with each other...thats not how u discuss things, im an american, meaning i am free to have an opinion...u wanna ban me cuz i don't agree with you?