Rate the "American Idiot" Album

Gallagher Rose

Rate the "American Idiot" Album  

59 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

No it's not common sense, it's called jumping on the bandwagon.

Dickwad.

Sorry? So if you don't like Green Day's music, then you're 'jumping on the bandwagon'?

I don't see how that works, considering the dimensions of their popularity right now. The teenagers that like Green Day probably outnumber the teenagers that don't.

As for me, I don't like Green Day, because I think the music they make sounds shite. I think Billy Joe has an irritating, bland, boring, nasal voice. I was content to congratulate them on their accomplishments and leave it as 'I'm not really a fan', but you felt the need to argue with people that don't like them and ask 'why'.

You'll probably complain next, with the old "OMG STAY OUT OF TEH THREAD IF U DNT LYK DEM LOL!!!11ONE"

:rolleyes:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No it's not common sense, it's called jumping on the bandwagon.

Dickwad.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry? So if you don't like Green Day's music, then you're 'jumping on the bandwagon'?

I don't see how that works, considering the dimensions of their popularity right now. The teenagers that like Green Day probably outnumber the teenagers that don't.

As for me, I don't like Green Day, because I think the music they make sounds shite. I think Billy Joe has an irritating, bland, boring, nasal voice. I was content to congratulate them on their accomplishments and leave it as 'I'm not really a fan', but you felt the need to argue with people that don't like them and ask 'why'.

You'll probably complain next, with the old "OMG STAY OUT OF TEH THREAD IF U DNT LYK DEM LOL!!!11ONE"

:rolleyes:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nah, its just that anyone can say "i hate this band coz they suck" or "i hate this band coz they're gay" and you can try all you want to say that its NOT trendy to slag green day down right now all you want but it is. If you don't like them then fair enough, its just the same thing being said over and over again which i find irritating and not doing much for discussion (its no reference to you in particular)

that's why i mentioned the bandwagon thing.

I agree, it would be predictable for me to say "stay out of the thread" but in all seriousness, i wouldn't enter a motley crue thread just to say they 'suck'.

the rest of the stuff tho is WAY to punk and therefore crap.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

youve got to be fucking kidding me.....GREENDAY IS NOT AND WILL NEVER COME CLOSE TO BEING PUNK...PERIOD.

this is exactly why i HATE greenday, everyone says theyre hard core punkers and they act all tough (live 8 show :vomit: )please dont ever say they are punk because you are wrong, if u want punk listen to something else not greenday they are pop with guitars and thats it :devil:

ringos rant is done...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You go on about them not being punk but you fail to tell us which REAL PUNK we should be listening to instead?! :confused:

You obviously know jack shit about punk, is it cause they don't swear enough and don't have mowhaks? come on, they were probably playing clubs when you were in diaper's so give it up already.

ringo's rant is shit! :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

the ramones, the clash, the sex pistols, the casualties, the unseen, the virus.....believe me i can go on forever. i dont even like punk and i know what real punk music is. and no, its not cause they dont swear and have mohawks, its because they sing songs like american idiot and holiday, and i dont give a shit if they were playing when i was in diapers :huh: so i dont know if that was supposed to offend me or what :huh:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So, you could go on forever? congratufuckinglations!

I don't know anything about punk so that's probably why i like Green day, they sold out big time, dude.

Aha, the ramones, you like the ramones? and they didn't sing any poppy songs about girls no? for crying out loud, their main influence was the beach boys.

So they never had a hit? well, it wasnt for the want of trying, that was their main goal, in fact, you don't need to listen to anything im saying here, just listen to the 'End Of The Century' album.

Admit it, you wouldn't hate songs such as 'American idiot' and 'Holiday' so much if they weren't so damn popular and such massive hits. Yes, they're very poppy and all the rest of it, but then so were The Buzzcocks (and when they went less poppy they started to suck.)

What's wrong with melody, anyway? is it not cool? does it have to be tuneless to be punk?

Btw, the casualties suck, they're just one of those bands that are cool to like within 'in crowds', like, how many other bands do they sound like?

Great music to get smashed to. I Dont mind greenday, i think jesus of surburbia is a master piece. Great lyrics, and the man has made a 7 - 8 minute track using 4 chords. And each part of the song sounds completely different.

But songs like american idiot, holiday, and wake me up when september ends are great to get smashed to. I havent heard much of greenday so i cant really compare.

nunchuck, your cause is getting really old. Just accept that some people don't like greenday and move on.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Its fine, its just the lame ass reasons always make me post more :P

I should just accept the fact that some people don't like Green day because they are 'gay'.

You're right, it's too easy :)

the rest of the stuff tho is WAY to punk and therefore crap.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

youve got to be fucking kidding me.....GREENDAY IS NOT AND WILL NEVER COME CLOSE TO BEING PUNK...PERIOD.

this is exactly why i HATE greenday, everyone says theyre hard core punkers and they act all tough (live 8 show :vomit: )please dont ever say they are punk because you are wrong, if u want punk listen to something else not greenday they are pop with guitars and thats it :devil:

ringos rant is done...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You go on about them not being punk but you fail to tell us which REAL PUNK we should be listening to instead?! :confused:

You obviously know jack shit about punk, is it cause they don't swear enough and don't have mowhaks? come on, they were probably playing clubs when you were in diaper's so give it up already.

ringo's rant is shit! :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

the ramones, the clash, the sex pistols, the casualties, the unseen, the virus.....believe me i can go on forever. i dont even like punk and i know what real punk music is. and no, its not cause they dont swear and have mohawks, its because they sing songs like american idiot and holiday, and i dont give a shit if they were playing when i was in diapers :huh: so i dont know if that was supposed to offend me or what :huh:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So, you could go on forever? congratufuckinglations!

I don't know anything about punk so that's probably why i like Green day, they sold out big time, dude.

Aha, the ramones, you like the ramones? and they didn't sing any poppy songs about girls no? for crying out loud, their main influence was the beach boys.

So they never had a hit? well, it wasnt for the want of trying, that was their main goal, in fact, you don't need to listen to anything im saying here, just listen to the 'End Of The Century' album.

Admit it, you wouldn't hate songs such as 'American idiot' and 'Holiday' so much if they weren't so damn popular and such massive hits. Yes, they're very poppy and all the rest of it, but then so were The Buzzcocks (and when they went less poppy they started to suck.)

What's wrong with melody, anyway? is it not cool? does it have to be tuneless to be punk?

Btw, the casualties suck, they're just one of those bands that are cool to like within 'in crowds', like, how many other bands do they sound like?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hey i never said i liked any of those bands i just named, i dont like punk period

and yes your right i would not hate american idiot and holiday as much if they werent so popular(as i said in my first post)everone thinks greenday is so hard core and cool and it makes me hate them even more...

I still don't see people coming up with reasons. I mean, it's not as if the vocals are out of tune, or the songs sound the same, or they can't play; they can play just as well as any of those old punk bands (punk isn't particularly difficult after all).

Why aren't they punk? They've got energy, attitude and a cause to fight for. Their music fits within the boundaries of how punk is defined; based on simple strummed power chords with strong rhthms. I don't get it. Is it because they're somehow sold out? And if so, in what way? I suppose their music isn't as raw sounding as those older bands; because it's been produced for a pop market, because they can afford to. But what does this take away?

Great post dood. Too bad half of the idiots have completely disregarded it cause it's not as tenuous as "its common sense to hate greenday." It's common sense to help a guy whose being injured, or to have manners, or to have arguments which support your notion.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

fine common knowlegde that greenday sucks.

is that any better for you? :rolleyes:

Their version of Boulevard of Broken Dreams is nothing compared to the Hanoi Rocks version.

I'd say an average album, I can see why people like it.  I don't agree with the political message of the song "American Idiot," but whatever.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

aren't they completely different songs which coincidentally have the same name?

Great post dood. Too bad half of the idiots have completely disregarded it cause it's not as tenuous as "its common sense to hate greenday." It's common sense to help a guy whose being injured, or to have manners, or to have arguments which support your notion.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Do you really have to live by the first two words in your name? :confused:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Do you really have to live by the first two words in your name? :confused:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yes.

yes indeed i do.

and on occaisionally the third but greenday still sucks........... and sometimes the fourth

Edited by supersillyspacemonkey