Axl Rose v Bob Dylan

Who's better?  

107 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest gnr>everything
dylan is a good songwriter, but an awful singer

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Agreed. Execpt make that great instead of good songwriter.

Edited by gnr>everything

Bob Dylan. Someone will have to do a ton of explaining to convince me that Axl Rose is even Dylan's equal, let alone better than him.

Song writing: Hah! Dylan, and I don't even need to explain this.

Singing: Dylan is horribly underrated as a singer. He's not the best, but his vocals usually meet the theme of his songs. From his youthful and almost cocky vocals in "Like A Rolling Stone" to his raspy, uncaring vocals in "It's Not Dark Yet". The vocals fit the lyrics perfectly. Axl could be a good singer, I'm not going to deny that. I would say Axl, but Dylan really isn't as far behind as it may seem.

Influence: Dylan, and I shouldn't have to explain this either. Without Bob Dylan, a lot of the music of today wouldn't exist.

If you vote for Axl, just explain yourself, please. It will make you look better, and not like some biased and ignorant person. I'd love to hear an explanation for Axl really, because I can't personally come up with one.

Dylan. My god, Dylan. Axl alone shouldn't be up there with Dylan. Seeing that Axl by himself didn't make himself known and great, he had the help of the other members of Guns N' Roses. Now if it was Guns N' Roses vs Dylan. I go for Guns.

Bob Dylan,

having this poll is insulting to him, he's a living legend, he's the greatest lyricist, and he influenced the whole of the 60's not just musically but socially.

The only person who could come close to Dylan in songwriting terms is Roger Waters.

Bob Dylan.

I never understood why people don't like his voice, I think it's wonderful.

It just fits the music so great, and it's amazing because it's something everyone can sing, which I really, really like.

I have some dream about singing a Bob Dylan song at the school at some morning-get-together really.

And I don't sing good, but when it's Dylan it doesn't matter, it even sounds good with his music.

ooohhh...

I'm seeing Dylan deadsoon.

Guh.

I don't know how many times I said that.

I'M SEEING BOB DYLAN!

Bob Dylan.

I never understood why people don't like his voice, I think it's wonderful.

It just fits the music so great, and it's amazing because it's something everyone can sing, which I really, really like.

I have some dream about singing a Bob Dylan song at the school at some morning-get-together really.

And I don't sing good, but when it's Dylan it doesn't matter, it even sounds good with his music.

ooohhh...

I'm seeing Dylan deadsoon.

Guh.

I don't know how many times I said that.

I'M SEEING BOB DYLAN!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hey lindy! i saw bob dylan about two months ago and it was fucking awesome. it was him and willie nelson...his voice has gotten a little better and more listenable.

it's really great to go to the concert cuz he plays the songs that he's played a thousand times before totally revamped and done a different way. the band he's touring with is really tight and the interplay is awesome.

my favorites from my concert were highway 61 revisited and like a rolling stone (which will hopefully be an encore for you too) simply orgasmic...i got chills :D

You can't beat Bob Dylan. The guy is incredible. He's a poet, acknowledge by literary professors and critics, AND he has incredible musicianship. He's a "philosopher" of sorts, though he would hate to be described by something he views as false. The guys is amazing.

axl rose! rock3

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Why? No offense, but there have been very few replies that have stated why Axl Rose is better than Dylan. They just say "Axl Rose". A lot of people have stated why the think Dylan is the best, yet with Axl, we have a dozen unexplained answers.