Sharon Osbourne Statement

New Rose

Anyone see the interview with Bruce in The Sun yesterday?

The Sun Online: So what happened when you went on stage at Ozzfest?

Bruce Dickinson: "We were hit by a co-ordinated barrage of bottle tops, lighters and eggs from a certain section at the front! Then the power for the PA and backline was completely pulled three or four times during songs. The band held it all together incredibly though and we just got really pumped up. It ended up being an amazing show. MAIDEN can pretty much deal with anything. We don’t get fazed too easily."

The Sun Online: Who do you think was behind it all?

Bruce Dickinson: "Everyone knows it's Sharon Osbourne. It's certainly not Ozzy or SABBATH — they have too much class to condone stunts like that. She hates me for making remarks about reality TV. I hate reality TV. People should get off their arses and do stuff and not be so voyeuristic."

The Sun Online: Her stunts seemed to backfire as you played a magnificent set and soon after, thousands walked out in disgust?

Bruce Dickinson: "We left for the airport pretty well straight after we came off but we could tell there were a lot of disgusted fans who had paid good money to see us. The audience was incredibly behind us all the way and they really lifted us. If they hadn't been happy, there may have been a riot as those fans were really disgusted with the cowardly attacks."

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heh. I love the way people are talking shit about Bruce having an 'inflated ego' and stuff and worship Axl ;)

I don't know what to make of this, Maiden shouldn't've talked too much shit about Ozzy, Sabbath are legends, but then again they didn't deserve to be attacked like that and it just showed Sharon's immaturity. Maiden are legends too, probably just as much as Sabbath, so it's a bit ironic what Sharon did and is now saying.

Maiden isnt even on Sabbath's level. Please that was just stupid.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

no, they're several levels above and beyond Sabbath in concert. And they were kicking Sabbath's ass every night at Ozzfest. Any doubts? check out the reviews:

Pittsburgh Daily News – “The night belonged to Iron Maiden, and the crowd treated them like royalty, easily giving them the most raucous reaction of any of the bands assembled. Dickinson and Maiden put the younger bands on the show to shame, and Dickinson was almost giddy as he led the masses in singalongs of classics such as opener ‘Wrathchild’, ‘The Trooper’ and ‘Run To The Hills.’“

New York Times - 'Spry and mischievous as ever (he delivered a tirade against MTV and reality shows, which is mischievous only if you're about to cede the stage to Mr. Osbourne), Dickinson sounded and looked like a man leading his troops into battle, although under a foreign flag: he waved a huge Union Jack.'

Hollywood Reporter - 'Maiden held the second slot to Sabbath and in 70 minutes walked away with the whole show... Iron Maiden is the standout on this tour and - to paraphrase Dickinson - rocks ‘like a bastard!’'.

Chicago Tribune - 'Dickinson's soaring battle-cries held the near-capacity crowd spellbound while his high-energy performance made many of the festival's acts look lazy and tired.'

Boston Globe – “The band that stole the show yesterday was Iron Maiden, with Dickinson… climbing stairs to ramps at either side, from which he exhorted the crowd into a horn-saluting frenzy with such songs as '’Wrathchild’ and ‘Run To The Hills,’ aided by a triple-guitar attack and inflatable beast with neon blue eyes, and changing rear curtains that made their set feel like a Broadway play.”

The Freelance Star, Virginia – “Iron Maiden deserves every accolade thrown its way over many years of hard-rock excess… After decades of domination, Iron Maiden showed that well-structured songs, vocal brilliance and unabashed rock 'n' roll showmanship are a bloody good combination… This night belonged to Maiden.”

How the hell can people say Dickinson is a joke? Maiden were the main attraction at this years Ozzfest. This is proven after the incident when Sabbath came on to play in front of a half empty audience.

Sharons just turned Ozzfest into the lauging stock of the metal community. How anyone can condone her actions just baffles me.

Seriously, what a stupid cunt.

Yeah Sabbath is also old and not what they once were. Ozzy also is sick. I wasnt talking baout performances this year. I was talking generally. Sabbath is on a whole other planet than Maiden. The impact Sabbath has had.. Please. So spare me your shitty reviews.

Yeah Sabbath is also old and not what they once were.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Maiden is old too, but they still rock ass!

Ozzy also is sick.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well don't perform then.

I wasnt talking baout performances this year. I was talking generally. Sabbath is on a whole other planet than Maiden. The impact Sabbath has had.. Please.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Impact isn't everything, sure it's great, but it doesn't mean a band is suddenly the best because the were first. Iron Maiden is cited as an influence by so many bands that they probably equal Sabbath in influence and impact on bands.

So spare me your shitty reviews.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No.

Yeah Sabbath is also old and not what they once were. Ozzy also is sick. I wasnt talking baout performances this year. I was talking generally. Sabbath is on a whole other planet than Maiden. The impact Sabbath has had.. Please. So spare me your shitty reviews.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

this isn't about the 3 good albums Sabbath had back in the 70s.

This is about now. And right now Maiden blow Sabbath off the stage on their worst day!

So spare your shitty clinging to the past. Because right NOW, Maiden is galaxies beyond Sabbath who can't even put ONE album together.

Bruce is by far one of the best singers in Metal history, sure he's a dick and he's got an ego the size of a blimp. But if it was Axl you'd all be like "well, he IS that great and he's got every right to diss whoever he wants". Well the difference is that Bruce actually has EARNED the right thru endless work and touring to have an ego like he does.

If Sharon Osbourne couldn't take it that's tough. She's fucked up anyway.

But Bruce Dickinson is far from a joke. He is serious business.

Fuck Sharon.

Fuck Ozzfest.

Iron Maiden and all their fans and your funny little cartoon T shirts are a joke.

Sabbath put out some of the best metal music of all time,

Maiden couldnt fill a pool hall in most citys today.

They were invited to tour on "OZZFEST"

a little respect already

Sharon is right

no respect for that cunt.

You better check what the figures were at Ullevi STADIUM just last month, not to mention Leeds and Reading festivals. :rolleyes:

if it wasn't for Ozzfest Sabbath couldn't fill jack shit, not playing the same set year after year. What? don't they know anything other than Iron Man and Paranoid? When was their last album? 1979?

Edited by moreblack

Iron Maiden and all their fans and your funny little cartoon T shirts are a joke.

Sabbath put out some of the best metal music of all time,

They were invited to tour on "OZZFEST"

a little respect already

Sharon is right

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

cartoon t shirts? hahahahaha. hey. go to a metal show. not nu metal. like a local metal show. shout out 'maiden sucks'.youll get your ass kicked. sure, black sabbath created metal. is black sabbath world known for about 30-40 years? how many albums have sabbath released? NOTHING compared to maiden. [in that statement i was talking about how many]

edit: by the way, sharon shouldnt fucking complain, because she INVITED them to play with them on ozzfest. SHE INVITED THEM! since when do you invite someone to play with you then get pissed that they attract a bigger crowd? things you should think about, sharon.

Edited by 1776

cartoon t shirts? hahahahaha. hey. go to a metal show. not nu metal. like a local metal show. shout out 'maiden sucks'.youll get your ass kicked.

what, get my eyes scratched out with your cute little black painted fingernails?

the day a metal head raises his hand to me he might be eating thru a straw for a while.

but enough of responding to your threats.

edit: by the way, sharon shouldnt fucking complain, because she INVITED them to play with them on ozzfest. SHE INVITED THEM! since when do you invite someone to play with you then get pissed that they attract a bigger crowd? things you should think about, sharon.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

dude shes not coplaining or comparing the draw to anyone, YOU are.

She could care less who brings them in, shes countin ozzzys money anyway..

what she is saying is....fuck it why am I bothering, Im talking to metal heads for crying out loud, somebody shoot me.

Edited by shades