Greatest Blues Guitarist

johnezz

Greatest Blues Guitarist?  

35 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

For me, blues guitar is on a completely different level to other styles when concearning emotion and passion.

Theres alot of big names in that list and its so hard to choose, i think SRV is the most talented, but then Robert Johnson had the most influence, and then you have Clapton who brought blues to outside of the US.

Fuck so hard to choose.

I think i'll go with Stevie, he wins by a hairs breadth.

EDIT:

btw, this is concearning pure Blues only, not Blues-Rock like Jimi.

Edited by johnezz

its not necesarilly how well you play but what notes you play

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thats what i'm talking about, if you cared to read my original post ;)

Gary Moore to me just seems to lack somthing, i don't know what it is, i just don't 'feel' his music as much as these guys.

oh lol, well yea. but still no gary!! guess its a matter of personal taste. he's what turned me on the blues though. i just love his stuff.

ive voted for clapton

Edited by alternative_ulster

Clapton is probably the most influential, and from live concerts I've seen more mindblowing guitar work than from the others (Crossroads - Wheels Of Fire, I'm So Glad - Goodbye) not to take anything away from the others, because SRV, B.B. and the crew can break it down. Clapton gets my vote though, and then T-Bone Walker, SRV and B.B. King. I need to check out more of the others since I've only heard a little from each.

As far as Gary Moore goes, I don't feel he should even be mentioned with the Blues Guitarists on that list. Those guitar players are generally widely noted as the best of the best when it comes down to blues guitarists, and although I agree Gary Moore is underrated, comparing him to blues legends would be wildly overrating him. Greatest means greatest, most skilled, most influential. Not exactly your favourite.

As far as Gary Moore goes, I don't feel he should even be mentioned with the Blues Guitarists on that list. Those guitar players are generally widely noted as the best of the best when it comes down to blues guitarists, and although I agree Gary Moore is underrated, comparing him to blues legends would be wildly overrating him. Greatest means greatest, most skilled, most influential. Not exactly your favourite.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Exactly!

And Robert Cray, damn i forgot about him, he's amazing too.