Sweet chil o mine

I am sitti'n here learning how to play the sweet Chil O mine Solo.....And I figured out that it is fucking hard......I just cant play the fast part fast enough....

so i'm wondering...does anyone know about a Gig where Slash failed to play the fast part? It would realy give me the confidence I need! :)

I am sitti'n here learning how to play the sweet Chil O mine Solo.....And I figured out that it is fucking hard......I just cant play the fast part fast enough....

so i'm wondering...does anyone know about a Gig where Slash failed to play the fast part?  It would realy give me the confidence I need! :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well he wrote it...but remember the more you play it the easier it gets! Slash used to get too drunk sometimes that he couldn't even play the intro. If that helps. Another thing that Might help

Post Me Here!

ok thanks everyone......

the fast part is hard but don't focus on being fast. Being fast is not gonna make the solo sound like Slash does. You have to focus more on the timing of the fast part. Its a little tricky but once you get the timming, you'll be fast enough by then.

well....I think my timing is almost there, cause if i slo down the song to 0,8 speed...I can play it 99,9% correct, I just can get my fingers to move fast enough...but I started playing guitar 8 months ago, so I guess speed comes by playing a lot.....

what do you mean "fast part"?  which one?

By the fast part I meen like when the solo turns....if you know what I meen....

actually, listen to the Ritz '88 version, the solo sounds alot, i guess you can say "cheaper" then the studio version

haha that's true!!!

its not that fast...

its just broken down into groups of notes..4 per beat...

think of it that way..so keep saying in ur head...1234, 1234, 1234, 1-and-a 2-and-a, "wah wah..."...

and Slash's tone in the ritz 88 concert was awesome...he used very very little distortion on there....he's almost clean...i would like to hear someone on here be able to play as fast as he does...in that style...that close to clean...is tone is awesome..

if u ask a lot of guitar players....they'll say slash has one of the best tones..

and sometimes...it sounds like he's using the wah wah when he's not on some songs...

he can do that without flicking any knobs or anything...its all in his fingers..

its not that fast...

its just broken down into groups of notes..4 per beat...

think of it that way..so keep saying in ur head...1234, 1234, 1234, 1-and-a 2-and-a, "wah wah..."...

and Slash's tone in the ritz 88 concert was awesome...he used very very little distortion on there....he's almost clean...i would like to hear someone on here be able to play as fast as he does...in that style...that close to clean...is tone is awesome..

if u ask a lot of guitar players....they'll say slash has one of the best tones..

and sometimes...it sounds like he's using the wah wah when he's not on some songs...

he can do that without flicking any knobs or anything...its all in his fingers..

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

+1 His tone was indeed awesome at Ritz