Luiz Thread

kevin

I was just wondering what happened to the Luiz thread? The Pleas come to mexico!

Was it deleted, and if so why was it?

In my mind that thread was like a legend on the forum, and I'm just curious as to where it went..

EDIT: People MUST have thought it was an important thread, as it is up for thread of the year!!

Edited by kevin

I thought it was funny in the first place but God knows how many pages of taking the piss out of someone's English - i didn't really think that was fair. Wouldn't like it to happen to me on a foreign forum.

R.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i aggree. its not funny to take the piss. people taking the piss like that stops other people who are not excelent at english from posting on the forum as they are scared they will get riddiculed (sp?)

SS.

Wow... you people are stupid. The Luiz thread is still on the first page of upcoming concerts.  :huh:

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=9190

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

LMAO :lol: :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

To all if you posting in this thread asking where the luiz thread was...

PwN3d!!11!1!111!

Edited by Dirty Little Thing

Guest gnr>everything
Wow... you people are stupid. The Luiz thread is still on the first page of upcoming concerts.  :huh:

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=9190

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Whoa. :blink::wacko:

edit: They definately put it back, because as I said yesterday, I went to luiz's profile and searched his topics and nothing came up, but today it did...so it was in fact gone when this thread was made. ;)

Edited by gnr>everything

I thought it was funny in the first place but God knows how many pages of taking the piss out of someone's English - i didn't really think that was fair. Wouldn't like it to happen to me on a foreign forum.

R.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i aggree. its not funny to take the piss. people taking the piss like that stops other people who are not excelent at english from posting on the forum as they are scared they will get riddiculed (sp?)

SS.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, I don't think people were having fun with him because of his language skills. It was because he thought the band was still together and touring -- and how he couldn't wait to see Slash when GNR came to Mexico. So, the fact that people set him straight - in page after page - isn't a surprise. I didn't think the responses were insulting either - considering the guy would have known the band isn't together if he had bothered to read any posts in any section of the forum prior to starting that thread. *shrugs* ... However, I agree that it seems a bit much that the thread is still alive a couple of years later. :D

Well, I don't think people were having fun with him because of his language skills. It was because he thought the band was still together and touring -- and how he couldn't wait to see Slash when GNR came to Mexico.  So, the fact that people set him straight - in page after page - isn't a surprise.  I didn't think the responses were insulting either - considering the guy would have known the band isn't together if he had bothered to read any posts in any section of the forum prior to starting that thread.  *shrugs*  ... However, I agree that it seems a bit much that the thread is still alive a couple of years later.  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

so why not lock the thread if its been alive for 2 years and is just used for spam? i accept that he was put strait but dont you think that now is the time to lock it.

SS.

To those who say we are pwned, we're not.. The thread was definently brought back, it was not on the BOARD yesterday, as it was gone from Luiz's topics.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So you believe that the mods deleted it, and then brought it back due to pressure? I doubt it. The mods would never change their mind over a forum matter.

Either there was a forum error, or you just need to get glasses ;)

Can mods undelete topics anyways? I assume once its been deleted they may not be able to bring it back.

To those who say we are pwned, we're not.. The thread was definently brought back, it was not on the BOARD yesterday, as it was gone from Luiz's topics.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Can mods undelete topics anyways? I assume once its been deleted they may not be able to bring it back.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

...is the correct answer!

It may have been removed, not sure, but my bet is on that it was always there so..... (subs refuses to that silly internet thing, so instead >> :P )

UK SUBS.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It definently wasn't under the user with the name Luiz's topics list. So something happened to it, and now it's there again.. gnr>everything saw that too, it wasn't under his topics list. So it may have been removed.. I'm glad it's back, but I'm still confused.