How manyy bands could throw away this many songs?

Guest Apollo

I read an interview with Keith Richards which he claims he had stacks of stuff by himself with playing a guitar, over a 1000 songs.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't know who he is. So I'll just nod happily.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Rolling Stones guitar player.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks AF.

OK - The obvious ones. The Blues, Madagascar, Chinese Democracy, IRS and Rhiad. Maybe the song CD is going to be on the upcoming CD, hopefully IRS is going to be. The versions I've heard kick ass in my opinion. Axl's 15 second scream and the kick-ass guitar solo at the end of the 3 -minute version is amazing.

But can Blues, Maddy and Rhiad be included on Chinese Demcracy???? DONT get me wrong, I love all three of them. I like The Blues as much as any GnR song ever. But they've been around for over three years! WILL THE BLUES, MADAGASCAR and RHIAD NOT get released???? And didn't Axl at one point said that they weren't part of the "big guns"? Would hte record company be pissed if Axl turns in his list of songs for the next album and 5 of them are 2-3-4 years old?

Man I'll be pissed if those songs don't get to be on a record!

Don't you remember the "lost GNR album"? The one that was recorded from 1993 to 1996 and then junked? There is plenty of info on this event. There is even an interview with Duff where he talks about the album briefly. He said that many of the songs where acoustic and some were ballads. I know sobody here can find that interview.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The Lost Album was/is a bunch of Nazareth songs.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Elaborate please?

It would be a real shame if we never hear studio versions of Crash Diet, The Blues, Madagascar and Oh My God. All of those songs were great imho. I have a suspicion though we'll never see them in our lifetime nor will we ever see those legendary Slash/Zakk Wylde jam sessions released....

I hope someday Geffen puts out a boxset of unreleased material like the Nirvana boxset....

But can Blues, Maddy and Rhiad be included on Chinese Demcracy???? DONT get me wrong, I love all three of them. I like The Blues as much as any GnR song ever. But they've been around for over three years! WILL THE BLUES, MADAGASCAR and RHIAD NOT get released???? And didn't Axl at one point said that they weren't part of the "big guns"? Would hte record company be pissed if Axl turns in his list of songs for the next album and 5 of them are 2-3-4 years old?

So they are old and not part of the big guns. There is a possiblity, those three-to-five songs are not on Chinese Democracy.

Then throw in songs like:

Crash Diet - awesome rocker

Just Another Sunday - i love it, great laid back, easy going song

Bring it Back Home to Me - nice and gritty

Silkworms - no comment

Dust in the Wind - potential to be a great song

Too Much, Too Soon - pretty gay song, only one I dislike

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So Geffen could be pissed off if they get 4 year old songs like The Blues, Maddy, and Rhiad...therefore the solution is to replace them with another 4 year old song (Silkworms) and a bunch of 15 year old demos that weren't even done by the current band? That makes no sense.

I read an interview with Keith Richards which he claims he had stacks of stuff by himself with playing a guitar, over a 1000 songs.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Are you joking? If so, I've failed to see the irony..

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:blink:

Please tell me you listen to the rolling stones. If not then your missing out on the greatest rock band of all time.

(except maybe the beatles.)

Edited by gnrrulz

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Are you joking? If so, I've failed to see the irony..

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:blink:

Please tell me you listen to the rolling stones. If not then your missing out on the greatest rock band of all time.

(except maybe the beatles.)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

huh? I listen to Stones at occations (sp?). They're really good. But what do that have to do with my post?

okies, a band that throws away a collosal amount of songs -> The libertines

Secondly Crash Diet, will not be on CD and it was recorded and released by West Arkeens band - The name escape's me.

All the other rare GnR songs are pretty poor imo, as matt sorum said they recorded the bands entire catalogue pretty much for UYI 1+2

Slash had done an albums worth of instrumental songs, with a few idea's for lyrics. Axl and the rest of the band wern't too keen on the material as is but they saw potential in it. But Slash didn't want to change it, so it became the Snakepit album. It wasn't just axl that said no, the rest of them did too.

Oh and btw Kieth Richards is the guitarist in the Rolling Stones.

Edited by life_247

• 2 weeks later...
I think we have only seen the top of the iceberg.

Surely there are 50 songs we don't know of.

The Blues and Madagascar are probably two of the best songs written pre-02.

I think Axl really regrets saying "You haven't seen the big guns yet.."

That's a statement able to postpone a new album on it's own.

It's like a sprinter saying: "I do the 100 metres in 9.75 secs in training every day.

He'd never show up at an athletics event before running at least 9.90.

i concur.

Crash diet was written by West arkeen and axl rose.

It ended up on west arkeen's band's album. The Guns n' Roses version feature's West on guitar not slash. It wasn't put on Use your illusion because "they forogt about it" and also West used it.