slash says:

mynameisjonas

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if right now Slash is thinking "WHY did I say that?!"

I doubt he's even paying attention to this. He passed on the info he was hearing and that'd it. He's not responsible in any manner for whether or not the album actually gets released in March or anytime after. This is Axl's baby to worry about and his alone...

I'm not suggesting that he's reading the forum, but I would speculate that he'd have heard the radio and heard the rumblings of "March, according to Slash". Wherever the information was sourced from, it's now become his.

It's not "Slash heard from x,y,z that Chi-Dem comes out in March and is passing it on"

It's "Slash said Chi-Dem is coming out in March".

Edited by Howard2k

It's not "Slash heard from x,y,z that Chi-Dem comes out in March and is passing it on"

But the first one is the more valid statement, and not his fault if it turns into something else. Exactly what he said in the interview about how the media plays things.

Unless his phone is ringing off the hook with people asking him questions about his one sentence statement about ChinDem out of a 15 min. interview, why would he even think twice about it. Though it's appeared on several websites, the only people actually excited by this little tidbit are the limited GnR fans who post on the forums.

Edited by Patience 4 Axl

But the first one is the more valid statement, and not his fault if it turns into something else. Exactly what he said in the interview about how the media plays things.

Unless his phone is ringing off the hook with people asking him questions about his one sentence statement about ChinDem out of a 15 min. interview, why would he even think twice about it. Though it's appeared on several websites, the only people actually excited by this little tidbit are the limited GnR fans who post on the forums.

Whoah, the first one MAY be the more valid statement. We don't know what his source was. Or at least I don't. We don't know how he came up with the March release. I don't think there is a definitive way of proving the validity of one over the other.

Even if his phone is not ringing off the hook, and I would not expect it to be, (although with the circulation of the story I would expect that he's had SOME calls), I'm sure that he's aware that the story has been circulated and attributed to him. Although one current member of GnR may have a cave-like mentality, I don't believe that Slash does :)

The fact that it has been spread around over the radio indicates that it's not just a "hardcore GnR forum member" population that cares.

Edited by Howard2k

But if people bother to listen to the interview he says "...I think in March....I've been told alot of things over the years, but it definitely sounds like it's coming out in March". Sounds to me more like "Slash heard" rather than "Slash said." But people will choose to interpret it any way they want. Right now it'll be, Slash said :) , but come March it might just be, but Slash said :angry: .When in actuality he just said what he heard...

And yes, the interview is being cirrculated here and there over the net, however, speaking to any of my friends in the "real world"", no one knew about it, heard about it or actually even cared about it.

Edited by Patience 4 Axl

95.5, KLOS in Los Angeles mentioned the Rumour that Axl Rose is going to release CD in March and mentioned that he bought a Z8 Roadster in Santa Monica.

Kinda exciting but only for a few seconds cuz we've heard these kinds of rumours before. AND, if it's true, why not make an official announcement since March is just around the corner?

V~

95.5, KLOS in Los Angeles mentioned the Rumour that Axl Rose is going to release CD in March and mentioned that he bought a Z8 Roadster in Santa Monica.

Kinda exciting but only for a few seconds cuz we've heard these kinds of rumours before. AND, if it's true, why not make an official announcement since March is just around the corner?

V~

Sounds to me like they've been on the HTGTH news section!

The album won't be released in March. Bands that are releasing albums in Album are announcing release dates as we speak (Snow Patrol, Bloc Party etc). May is your best bet. Hopefully we'll get an announcement by March.

Edited by Gigger

But if people bother to listen to the interview he says "...I think in March....I've been told alot of things over the years, but it definitely sounds like it's coming out in March". Sounds to me more like "Slash heard" rather than "Slash said." But people will choose to interpret it any way they want. Right now it'll be, Slash said :) , but come March it might just be, but Slash said :angry: .When in actuality he just said what he heard...

And yes, the interview is being cirrculated here and there over the net, however, speaking to any of my friends in the "real world"", no one knew about it, heard about it or actually even cared about it.

I agree 100% with your comments about the actual interview. But we both know that people don't bother to listen or research :)

The album won't be released in March. Bands that are releasing albums in Album are announcing release dates as we speak (Snow Patrol, Bloc Party etc). May is your best bet. Hopefully we'll get an announcement by March.

Exactly!

Hopefully they release the first single by March!....if what Slash says is indeed true!

I hear you P4A.

It's like what I posted earlier. I said I hope people don't bash Slash or Axl (well, Axl gets bashed regardless even for shit he DIDN'T do like he wasn't a part of this interview with Slash but he'll still get bashed anyway),

I am NOT putting any faith into what Slash said. It didn't come from Axl. It's what Slash was TOLD by someone and that someone wasn't Axl. My god, Axl and Slash haven't talked in 10 years and Slash confirmed that in the interview.

I kind of think that when any ex gunner mentions Axl in their current interview, it creates a frenzy and they are right. Everyone is waiting for Axl to make a comment and maybe Slash figured if he said this, it'd make Axl finally say something to refute it or to confirm it? I mean look at how many times Steven has said stuff to a.) get more ppl to read about him and Adler's Appetite and b.) to say something so out of the ordinary that just maybe it'll prompt Axl to speak out after a 2 year silence (remember he said CD sucked and he never heard it?)

Regardless, I am not gonna bash slash or anyone for that matter. I think that when Axl finally says something about CD...then that will be what is true. But as we are all aware, things change in GNR land and in Axl land.

:)

Edited by Just_a_little_patience

SOMEBODY PUT DOWN A FUCKIN LINK PLEASE SO I CAN SEE THIS!!!!!

GOD IVE BEEN ASKING FOR DAYS AND NOT 1 WORKING LINK! :devil: :devil: :anger::anger::anger:

It's posted a few times in this thread.

http://www.woolham.e7even.com/Slash_Interv...Estranged_x.mp3

Or look at page 20

ahh dammit that one wont work either.

is this thing audio?

or is it just written down?

if its written down can someone just copy n paste it to the thread so i can read it?

otherwise ill go to the download section

GOD IVE BEEN ASKING FOR DAYS AND NOT 1 WORKING LINK! :devil: :devil: :anger::anger::anger:

Or look at page 20

is this thing audio?

if its written down can someone just copy n paste it to the thread so i can read it?

Try this link.

http://s37.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=14WFADW...UL10Q8M4NJC7558

Or look at page 20

is this thing audio?

Try this link.

http://s37.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=14WFADW...UL10Q8M4NJC7558

thanks madison rock1

that was pretty cool.

we got mentioned!

good to see he doesnt hate axl.

anybody else get the feel that slash would come back?

ionno i just got some kind of feeling that if the guy asked if he would go back he would say, if he was asked to and there was a mutual respect between him n axl he would.

but he already has said that before anyhow.

and you know with the whole buckethead being gone and axl sticking with the fink n fortus for now you know, whats to stop it in the future?

not a lot because axl will be social again and theyre bound to meet at some point and be like "hey".

and then like i guess it would go from there.

you just kinda get the feeling that you know theres not a lot stopping it.

just axl and his habit of not doing a lot of things so he just doesnt really have the chance you know?

hes gotta do other stuff

I would see this as a ggod sign for a possible reunion. I think the best chance for that is the Hall of fame induction ceremony. If they are chosen the first year they are eligible would be 2012(25 years from release of AFD).

I know that seems like a long time and that it is a very slim chance, but think about this:1) The current lineup has to be getting frustrated at the delay and several members are involved in side projects. Tommy would likely leave if the Replacements got back together.2) Weiland could relapse of or OD at any time.3)GN'R's 2002 tour was not successful. 4) There is no guarantee they will last if the album tanks.5) Nearly every band I know of reunites at some point, even Pink Floyd. The Beatles are the only major band I know of that didn't reunite, but if Lennon had lived, who knows.

Edited by bax

Off course Adler is history as would be all of new GN'R except maybe Dizzy. I definately think Slash and Duff are a package deal. Even if Izzy wouldn't rejoin, Fortus could stay. If Matt won't return,keep Brain.

:anger: Ive said it before I will say it again , Chinese Democracy will NEVER come out , Axl is too afraid it is going to bomb and he knows if he does release it that it will bomb , unless he advertises the shit out of it for monthes and monthes , the alsum is an illusion and was just a publicity stunt to increase the sales of old GnR albums and GnR merchandise .

Pe@ce Out

BiG