new guns song

mynameisjonas

the user ckgent posted today at HTGTH.com

Looking through last weeks nme magazine, and in the back there is an interview with the singer from a band called Towers of London, anyway its all about his reccomandations on music etc, and there is a bit where he is listing his 10 songs of the moment.

At number 6

Somke in the hills--Guns n roses.

He says he was given this at the rainbow bar on sunset, and it is supposed to feature on chinese democracy.

Every other song listed is genuine by genuine bands.

Anyone heard of this, or seen the mention.

My take:

Tower of Londons leadsinger is heavily influenced by GN'R, thus is he probably updating himself on the going-ons on this forum or htgth, or whatever.

He is as tired of the situation as we are, and meant it all as a joke. The name of the song is a joke on Deep Purple's Smoke on the water, and Iron Maidens Run to the hills i reckon.

My take:

Tower of Londons leadsinger is heavily influenced by GN'R, thus is he probably updating himself on the going-ons on this forum or htgth, or whatever.

He is as tired of the situation as we are, and meant it all as a joke. The name of the song is a joke on Deep Purple's Smoke on the water, and Iron Maidens Run to the hills i reckon.

Thats what i reckon as well.

No "Towers of London" are a band in the uk, there on a indie label and have released singles "Im on a Noose" "Fuck it up" and "How rude she was". They sound quite punk like but dress like GnR in the appetite era, i like them as a band but i doubt the main singer would be too much into axl's stuff now.

But at the same time im not sure he'd try and a crack a joke like that at his favorite band.

No "Towers of London" are a band in the uk, there on a indie label and have released singles "Im on a Noose" "Fuck it up" and "How rude she was". They sound quite punk like but dress like GnR in the appetite era, i like them as a band but i doubt the main singer would be too much into axl's stuff now.

But at the same time im not sure he'd try and a crack a joke like that at his favorite band.

Ah thanls for that info .

anyway

:confused: so first slash shows up and talks about a release date , now another guy comes and says he got to listen a new GNR song . I'M missing something here????

Oh that's right...........all people talk about the cd except the people working on it :rofl-lol:

How i love to be GNR fan , action . drama , emotion.. anytime .....erm not so much for the action :lol:

Edited by love&hates

i actually met these guys at Reading festival 2004... quite a funny story in fact... it was saturday morning, and as we were all monging out in our (VIP) campsite just having a joint to get our heads straight, at least 3 band members of Towers of London emerged from the tent of a friend of ours (she's an absolute whore) over the course of the morning!! quite nice guys, i was chatting to the singer Donny for a bit, and the other guys seemed fairly sound. we'd never heard of them before, but a couple of months later my mate rings me up and they're on Kerrang! TV...

back to the point..... i think he may actually have a track... i mean, wouldn't they be the kind of band that you'd want to open for GNR rather than Mix Master Mike? i'm not their biggest fan but it's a step in the right direction wouldn't you say? maybe 'some guy' was Axl....? :blink:

i actually met these guys at Reading festival 2004... quite a funny story in fact... it was saturday morning, and as we were all monging out in our (VIP) campsite just having a joint to get our heads straight, at least 3 band members of Towers of London emerged from the tent of a friend of ours (she's an absolute whore) over the course of the morning!! quite nice guys, i was chatting to the singer Donny for a bit, and the other guys seemed fairly sound. we'd never heard of them before, but a couple of months later my mate rings me up and they're on Kerrang! TV...

back to the point..... i think he may actually have a track... i mean, wouldn't they be the kind of band that you'd want to open for GNR rather than Mix Master Mike? i'm not their biggest fan but it's a step in the right direction wouldn't you say? maybe 'some guy' was Axl....? :blink:

Sure, Axl walks around various bars in la handing out copies of chi dem to unheard of punk bands from london. Come on man <_<